American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: The Iceman on August 01, 2011, 03:31:09 PM
I'm very excited about the '11 season. All these trades and bolstering up of teams should make for a great season with some very intriguing matchups.
Tri State teams all look strong........

Big matchup week 5 NYJ VS NE     new improved D vs Brady will be classic.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

thejuice

I was surprised how quick the Pats got rid of Moss. I didn't think his production was down or anything like that. Shame for him to retire without a Superbowl but at least he got to play in one. When he moved to the Raiders a few years back I actually felt sad. No man with as much talent deserves to play for the Raiders.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Galwaybhoy

Just ordered my tickets for Wembley.  Anyone else heading to the London game this year?

mc_grens

OK lads- picks... I reserve the right to change these before next Thursday in case anything mad happens:

AFC

East- Pats
West- Chargers
North- Pittsburgh
South- Houston (Almost totally dependent on Peyton's neck, I'm assumin he isn't going to be 100% until week 5 or so)

Wild Cards- Indianapolis, coin toss between Baltimore and the Jets.

NFC

East- Dallas- Philly coin toss
West- St. Louis- after a very bad start.
North- Green Bay
South- New Orleans

Wild cards- Atlanta, Dallas- I'd love to see Detroit make it but there seems to be bad injury mojo there.

AFC Final- Pats over Pittsburgh
NFC Final- Saints over Green Bay

Superbowl- Pats by a whisker at the mo.

Of course the last bit could just be because I feel really good about San Diego and don't want to jinx them. I think both Rivers and Roethlisberger will have HUGE years.
West-

AZOffaly

Quote from: mc_grens on September 01, 2011, 12:30:19 PM
OK lads- picks... I reserve the right to change these before next Thursday in case anything mad happens:

AFC

East- Pats
West- Chargers
North- Pittsburgh
South- Houston (Almost totally dependent on Peyton's neck, I'm assumin he isn't going to be 100% until week 5 or so)

Wild Cards- Indianapolis, coin toss between Baltimore and the Jets.

NFC

East- Dallas- Philly coin toss
West- St. Louis- after a very bad start.
North- Green Bay
South- New Orleans

Wild cards- Atlanta, Dallas- I'd love to see Detroit make it but there seems to be bad injury mojo there.

AFC Final- Pats over Pittsburgh
NFC Final- Saints over Green Bay

Superbowl- Pats by a whisker at the mo.

Of course the last bit could just be because I feel really good about San Diego and don't want to jinx them. I think both Rivers and Roethlisberger will have HUGE years.
West-

Picking in the NFL is fraught with danger. Injuries can banjax everything, and teams can come from nowhere as well. However....

AFC East - J, E, T, S, JETS JETS JETS
AFC South - Colts
AFC North - Steelers
AFC West - Chargers

NFC East - Eagles
NFC South - Falcons
NFC North - The Pack is Back
NFC West - Arizona, behind a surprising running game.

Superbowl - Packers repeat over the Chargers

thejuice

Did anyone else hear Rex Ryans request for someone, except the Jets for once, he says, to please beat the Patriots.   ;D
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

I think I will go with

AFC
East Pats
West Chargers
North Steelers
South Texans/ Colts
Wildcard Texans/ Colts will get one and the Ravens.

NFC
East Eagles
West Cardinals. The Rams will be close.
North Packers
South Saints
Wild card Falcons and Vikings

The Jets don't make it as I don't fancy Sanchez and the Texans have a lot of big play making talent. I am a vikings fan and think our real level is a lot closer to 2009 12-4 than 2010 6-10. If the Packers have a post superbowl slump the Vikings could come out on top in a tight division.. The Cowboys are next in line.

Saints to beat the Pats in the superbowl.

Capt Pat

Chris Johnson has signed a four year 53.5 million dollar extension to his contract. He still has to play out the remaining 2 years at his rookie contract rates. Good news for those that have him on their fantasy teams. I got him at pick 9 in one of my leagues so things have played out well there.

Boycey

Can't say I'm as clued up as some of you guys but I'm a Jets man. What's the craic, wildcard again or potential Division champs?

stew

The Steelers are loaded for bear as are the patriots and Packers.

Rodgers is the best qb in the league this year I feel and I think the Pack will win back to back titles, i hope i am wrong and Brady takes the Pats back to superbowl champion status.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Claw

Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2011, 07:29:12 PM
Can't say I'm as clued up as some of you guys but I'm a Jets man. What's the craic, wildcard again or potential Division champs?
I think the Jets will have a good season once again. Defence hasn't lost anyone of note, will have Jim Leonard back, Cro will have a second year in the system.
On offence, Sanchez also a year older and improving steadily. Plax is a nice addition. A little worried about Greene and whether he can carry the workload all season, hopefully he can.

Minder

Found a good site on twitter @si_vault

A collection of old photos of American Sports. Brett Favre on draft day.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

I see Sky are incorporating Redzone into their coverage of the NFL season, red button I think. Be handy for those that don't have Gamepass that are watching a shite game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

ballinaman

Rivers is going to have a huge year. Getting better every year. Bolts v Cheeseheads superbowl......hopefully!