The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

seafoid

Albania are involved.
Latest French riot news may put the tournament in doubt. It would be no harm to drop the first 2 weeks tbh
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AQMP

England Squad finalised.  Rashford included:

Goalkeepers Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Fraser Forster (Southampton).

Defenders John Stones (Everton), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Danny Rose (Tottenham).

Midfielders Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Dele Alli (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Ross Barkley (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), James Milner (Liverpool).

Forwards Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Harry Kane (Tottenham).

Defence looks a weak link?

JoG2

Quote from: AQMP on May 31, 2016, 03:33:57 PM

Goalkeepers Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley), Fraser Forster (Southampton).

Defenders John Stones (Everton), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Danny Rose (Tottenham).

Midfielders Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Dele Alli (Tottenham), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Ross Barkley (Everton), Eric Dier (Tottenham), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal), James Milner (Liverpool).

Forwards Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Harry Kane (Tottenham).

Drinkwater very unlucky to not get a spot. I'd have thought he'd be ahead of Wilshire and Henderson atm? Surely you pick the form / fit players?? Anyhoo, I hope they perform as they usually do  :D

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 23, 2016, 03:44:59 PM
There's a lot that sickens or annoys you seafoid. You need to chill out a bit. I never met such a wound up man from west of the Shannon :)

We're not part of a neo-liberalist army,
We all hate the 1 per cent.
Oh we'll really shake them up,
When we win their Euro cup,
'coz Ireland is the least equitable, highest debt to GDP, highest income gap, worst growth economy, lowest bond yields......team.

MWWSI 2017

shark

Quote from: JoG2 on May 31, 2016, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: AQMP on May 31, 2016, 03:33:57 PM

Drinkwater very unlucky to not get a spot. I'd have thought he'd be ahead of Wilshire and Henderson atm? Surely you pick the form / fit players?? Anyhoo, I hope they perform as they usually do  :D

He is unlucky. But there is more to it than just picking the best or in form players. England play a different system than Leicester. Drinkwater was poor against Australia. Plus he doesn't have Kante beside him for England. Thankfully!!

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on May 31, 2016, 04:04:56 PM
There's a lot that sickens or annoys you seafoid. You need to chill out a bit. I never met such a wound up man from west of the Shannon :)

'coz Ireland is the least equitable, highest debt to GDP, highest income gap, worst growth economy, lowest bond yields......team.

Wrong on the bond yields Muppet. They are still positive at 10y. I think the income gap is close to average.  ;)

OgraAnDun

Quote from: muppet on May 31, 2016, 04:04:56 PM

Brilliant  ;D

Milltown Row2

In the last two tournaments the English media has not hyped up England at all, and again for this one nothing has been said....

France at home is worth a lot in fairness.... They won their last home tournament and starting to show good form
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Is this the first Euros for Norn Irn? 

An Watcher

michaelg

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on May 31, 2016, 08:43:27 PM
First n last

Well if that's the case the republic and Wales would struggle in future competitions.... I think n.i won't lack effort but tournament experience and management of players fitness and tactics (the dark arts of winning close games) will be their undoing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

michaelg

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2016, 08:49:41 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on May 31, 2016, 08:43:27 PM
First n last

Well if that's the case the republic and Wales would struggle in future competitions.... I think n.i won't lack effort but tournament experience and management of players fitness and tactics (the dark arts of winning close games) will be their undoing
Hard to know how NI will get on. They are now fairly hard to beat but Poland and Germany will be too strong and can see them drawing with Ukraine.

Boycey

Feck me Ireland have some very average players...