best mattress?

Started by milltown row, January 08, 2009, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

looking to get a good mattress, whats the best type,grades?

no jokes please, lets not lose this thread, all posts welcome except from POG as he talks........ :D

comethekingdom

We have a Kingkoil matrass this 7 yrs. Seems to be ok. Keep her turned every so often.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: comethekingdom on January 08, 2009, 09:25:40 PM
We have a Kingkoil matrass this 7 yrs. Seems to be ok. Keep her turned every so often.

And would you do the same to the mattress ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

comethekingdom

Aye! :D Its worth doing that too!

magickingdom

bump

i'm looking for a good mattress too. anyone got advice

under the bar

I bought a memory foam one when they were all the rage a couple of years ago.  They are OK but the crap about never losing shape is bollox.   

I've since moved it to the guest room and bought a 1600 pocket coil.  Unbelievably comfortable.  Anything over 1400 coil is considered top end but the higher no of coils you go the better and more expensive naturally. 

Since you spend 1/3 of your life on it and as it affects your posture, muscle relaxation etc I'd go for the best you can afford.

ziggysego

Was thinking of a memory form, so no good then. I've a bad back, so what would recommend?
Testing Accessibility

Tony Baloney

Quote from: under the bar on January 09, 2009, 09:45:51 PM
I bought a memory foam one when they were all the rage a couple of years ago.  They are OK but the crap about never losing shape is bollox.   

I've since moved it to the guest room and bought a 1600 pocket coil.  Unbelievably comfortable.  Anything over 1400 coil is considered top end but the higher no of coils you go the better and more expensive naturally. 

Since you spend 1/3 of your life on it and as it affects your posture, muscle relaxation etc I'd go for the best you can afford.
How much are you talking for these?

Karl Kennedy

What's the best mattress to go for? I'm after a super king size.

What is the price range of a decent mattress and where is best place to buy them at reasonable price?

Owen Brannigan

Decide on your budget.  Then decide on whether you want a memory foam/latex etc mattress or the conventional mattress with pocket springs or for the hybrid with pocket springs and a built in foam topper.  Remember that the material in the top layer of the bed can affect your sleep depending on how you react to heat while sleeping.  the foam/latex top beds retain heat while the conventional material regulate the heat by absorbing it away from you.  Latest thinking is that a bed is designed to you weight and you go for soft, medium or hard mattress the heavier you are but compromising with your bed partner who may be much lighter.  the thinking is that the mattress supports all of you body to keep your spine straight.

Best site for mattress theory is:

https://johnryanbydesign.co.uk/understanding-beds/

Stay away from Dreams, Harvey Norman, etc.  Recommend Alexanders in Markethill or Dalzells in Markethill (don't know why this small town is so good for beds).

give her dixie

I have a friend based in Dungannon who sells top quality mattresses at a good price and can deliver within 50 miles or so from there.

Give him a call and he will answer any questions you have. 

https://www.facebook.com/barry.mcguinness.14?fref=ufi
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

armaghniac

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on November 06, 2017, 08:33:13 PM
Stay away from Dreams, Harvey Norman, etc.  Recommend Alexanders in Markethill or Dalzells in Markethill (don't know why this small town is so good for beds).

It is a sleepy kind of place.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

I have a memory foam one myself, it has never lost its shape in the 5 or so years I've had it. It's a bit firm for my liking though, hurts my shoulder when I lie on my side, so I'm looking at getting a softer one. It has to be memory foam because springs would transmit too much movement when I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I'd disturb the woman. With memory foam she doesn't feel a thing and doesn't get woken up.

GJL

I bought a top of the range Tempur memory foam last year. So far it has been brilliant. I had a bit of bother with the lower back and this has helped immensely. Highly recommend but are expensive.