Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on January 16, 2019, 10:32:28 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 16, 2019, 05:50:23 PM
And who puts forward that legislation

And don't think Westminster will override anyone over here seeing as the DUP tail is wagging the Torie dog.

You answered your own question. Karen Bradley can put it forward to Westminster.

But they'd rather not due to Fuhrer May's need of votes.

It was a rhetorical question to the OP try and keep up.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

seafoid

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 17, 2019, 10:20:29 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on January 12, 2019, 09:17:56 PM
I'd say your knowledge of "The South" is fairly limited.
That actually cuts both ways many from the south do not understand nationalists in the North, or their motivations. They criticise without the benefit of the experience many nationalists had of the state in which they grew up. Prime example are those FF Republicans sniping at SF for not swearing an oath to the Queen, they don't get that people voted SF on that basis. I would not swear an oath to the Queen why would I expect my MP to do so? There are other examples as well.
Mark Durkan never swore an oath of allegiance to the Queen
SF defences of abstentionism are bollocks
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on January 17, 2019, 10:31:11 AM
That actually cuts both ways many from the south do not understand nationalists in the North, or their motivations. They criticise without the benefit of the experience many nationalists had of the state in which they grew up. Prime example are those FF Republicans sniping at SF for not swearing an oath to the Queen, they don't get that people voted SF on that basis. I would not swear an oath to the Queen why would I expect my MP to do so? There are other examples as well.

you sure?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIaZaRmuU4Q

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: johnnycool on January 17, 2019, 10:52:34 AM

you sure?

In fairness he doesn't look to happy about it. He's mumbling like an 6 year old being questioned on who ate all the chocolate biscuits.

Walter Cronc

How soon can SNP push for another Scottish referendum? Post this shambles.

After the defeat last time, was there a time frame on when they could try again?

trueblue1234

you sure?

Jut goes to show the lack of knowledge of some on NI.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

johnnycool

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on January 17, 2019, 10:59:06 AM

you sure?

In fairness he doesn't look to happy about it. He's mumbling like an 6 year old being questioned on who ate all the chocolate biscuits.

He in his own defence refused to swear to God and handed in a letter of protest at the process. Might please the God squad that one.

Swore an oath of "affirmation" and not allegiance, splitting hairs was our Mark.

https://twitter.com/markdurkan/status/1067124640164864001?lang=en

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 17, 2019, 11:03:38 AM
How soon can SNP push for another Scottish referendum? Post this shambles.

After the defeat last time, was there a time frame on when they could try again?

Since Alex Salmon left they have been losing ground. Sturgeon is to busy joining forces with labor and DUP to try and scupper any good euro deal for N Ireland instead of letting the backstop deal run its course and then push for a new referendum on the back of joining the EU fully after independence. One of the most overrated politicians on the circuit.

screenexile

you sure?

He swore his affirmation for the Queen and the world didn't cave in??

Crazy . . .

Keyser soze

Quote from: screenexile on January 17, 2019, 11:34:03 AM

you sure?

Crazy . . .

Well he won't have to swear it any time again in the future if that gives you a clue about the consequences.

haranguerer

screenexile

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 17, 2019, 11:37:13 AM

you sure?

Crazy . . .

Well he won't have to swear it any time again in the future if that gives you a clue about the consequences.

Nonsense!!

If Sinn Fein took their seats they would not lose voters . . . who else would the Nationalist/Republican community vote for??!!

The SDLP are in disarray and there's literally nobody else!

seafoid

The  Shinners are holier than holy about Westminster and as corrupt and inept as the DUP in Stormont. The next scandal happened when O'Neill was the minister in charge
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trueblue1234

Quote from: screenexile on January 17, 2019, 11:56:44 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on January 17, 2019, 11:37:13 AM

you sure?

Crazy . . .

Nonsense!!

If Sinn Fein took their seats they would not lose voters . . . who else would the Nationalist/Republican community vote for??!!

The SDLP are in disarray and there's literally nobody else!
They most certainly would lose voters. Maybe not massive amounts but they would certainly lose some and it would definitely have an impact.
I vote SF, They annoy the sh!te out of me on some issues but they're the closest party to my political views.  I agree with their view of Absenteeism as I think the actual power they would get in WM is not balanced out by having to swear an allegiance to the Queen. If SF were to attend WM what respect or power do you think they would be given. No UK party would cosy up to them the way they did to the DUP to try and buy their votes. They would be toxic. Therefore I don't see enough of a benefit to justify the oath.   
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

north_antrim_hound

"to serve all the people of Northern Ireland equally, and to act in accordance with the general obligations on government to promote equality and prevent discrimination"
This is one of the oaths the N I assembly's swear  at stormont so there are worst forms of hypocrisy going on closer to home than abstentionism in Westminster. SF is the biggest nationalist party in the north suggesting most voters don't have a problem with it. Get over it