Why are we being turfed out of Leinster?

Started by G@@, July 15, 2017, 01:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G@@

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=273040

Anyone read this yet? The proposals are bizarre and gives the likes of Laois nothing to aim for. The whole fiasco of bringing Galway into Leinster means that Wexford were denied a Leinster title this year and denied also either Dublin or Offaly a final appearance.

In the short to medium term, the biggest achievement Laois could possibly muster would be a Leinster final appearance, so putting us into a pot with other teams outside of our province is insulting to say the least and gives our players little to aim for.

It's high time Munster was told to fuckoff with their stranglehold over the AI series. Winning a provincial should have no impact on progression to the All Ireland. Rewarding the provincial champions with an AI semi-final spot is long beyond it's sell by date, but the c***ts in Munster will not allow this to go.

We need to have the provincial championships run off SEPARATE from the AI series. Tell Munster and Leinster to have all their games run off by Bank Holiday June and then start an open draw for the AI series in July, giving clubs a month during high summer to finish leagues and start their respective championships.

These proposals at the link above are sickening and will kill hurling in the less than successful counties. 
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

Eh? On one hand you complain that Laois aren't in Leinster, and on the other, you want to scrap the provincial championships altogether?
What I want to know is - how does a county from the 'weaker' group get promoted to the Leinster group?

G@@

Quote from: burdizzo on July 15, 2017, 07:19:47 PM
Eh? On one hand you complain that Laois aren't in Leinster, and on the other, you want to scrap the provincial championships altogether?
What I want to know is - how does a county from the 'weaker' group get promoted to the Leinster group?

I never said to scrap the provincial championships. It's the only thing Laois can aim for in the medium term.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

burdizzo

By making them stand-alone competitions, they will become irrelevant, wither, and die off.
As I say, I'd want to see how the promotion/ relegation mechanism works.

SCFC

Looks an ok idea to me. Providing you can get promoted from the qualifier group.