Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAA-SMART

I remember a story of a championship game in Waterford.. A certain team who year after year failed to win in the championship, the parish priest came in before a game and said a prayer, he went on and on until a player stopped him and said Father would you finish up there we need to get going, the priest said sit down their now, the longer I go on for, the longer you lads stay in the Championship. Sorry to say but have we any priests? We will beat Wicklow, they are in a more dier situation than we are but Clare, Mayo, Donegal/Tyrone or Meath/Kildare waiting for us, well there is nothing to suggest we would beat any of those teams although possibly competitive against Clare and Meath in truth.

Unlaoised

Love a Craic at Mayo just for the buzz that might surround the tie and we rarely play Them...

that saying beaing Wicklow won't be easy of us at the moment.

Drew with Louth in what was suppose to be a cracking game of football 2-18 to 3-15

Heard  we beat wexford well last night 8/9 points!
LAOIS ABÚ

Butch Cassidy

Any word on teams or injury updates Unlaoised? Has everyone stayed on since the Kildare game?

GAA-SMART

Wexford are hardly the pinnacle.. Powers handicap is -6... not sure we will beat that

Tony

I also heard the Louth match was supposed to be a belter. I wish I went to that instead of the Kildare game  :D. The life of a division 3/4 inter county team fan is not easy. Not much success. Not sure why we do it. Those moments that we actually win against a good team make it worth it I suppose. Unfortunately those wins are few and far between  :'(. I'm just about recovered from the Kildare match now and ready to go to Wicklow, even though after the Kildare game I said I'd never go again. Wouldn't be surprised with a loss but my prediction is Laois by 4-6. I still think there's a small chance that if we get past Wicklow and if we have attride/timmons back we have a small chance of building momentum but that's probably delusional.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I'll be there too, not expecting much but hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I really think the key to our forwards scoring more lies with Donie. He is our go to man and his distribution was very limited last day.
He will always be double marked and seems to glory in getting himself out of that situation by beating two or even three men. That's all very fine but the majority of times he ends up getting turned over when one simple pass to a better placed forward would be the thing to do.
He has to start playing more of a get and give role and bringing the rest of the lads into it. He's a great talent and that would improve him and the team immensely
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

SCFC

Denis booth and Niall Donoher both out for Saturday.
Attride and Tmmons both available.
Timmons could go straight in at 3, played quite well in both challenge games.
Kieran Lillis is another guy in contention apparently.

Tony

Good news and bad I suppose. I thought Donagher and Booth did well enough against Kildare. Niall was unlucky to be taken off in my opinion as he was getting a lot of ball, just was unlucky with some passes. Great to have Mark back but Dennis would have slotted in nicely in the corner. Let's hope Mark can get a few games in the championship this year. He's been a great servant to Laois even through his fair share of injuries - he always shows up. he could have just withdrawn this year because of his operation but he's always there trying his best; it's a credit to him.

Unlaoised

Hear Donoher could be gone for the Summer..

Booth is struggling.

Finn played very well against Louth as did Timmons ,Quigley and the two kingstons.

David Conway was lively in both game particularly the Wexford game.

The info is not from being at them and not from my usual source so take from that what you will.

The second half performance against Wexford was suppose to be very pleasing on the eye.

No player has walked or even talked about it.

They were all sick after the kildare game some didn't even go for their arranged meal after it just went home.

I think we will see a reaction that will comfortably beat Wicklow!

LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Quote from: Unlaoised on June 14, 2017, 11:35:43 AM
Hear Donoher could be gone for summer
Not what I heard. 2/3  week's for him and booth.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

BallyroanAbu

We should hammer Wicklow,  even Lillis beat Wicklow.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on June 16, 2017, 12:32:32 AM
We should hammer Wicklow,  even Lillis beat Wicklow.
Yea, but Lillis was special.... Bit like yourself really.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Giovanni

You'd have to imagine that David Conway and Gary Walsh would be (justifiably) be disappointed with that selection.

Fair play to the both of them for sticking with it. They might have an important role on Sunday yet.