Qualifiers.

Started by The Monument Road, June 04, 2017, 06:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoisboy

talk all ye  want whats happening on the ground is not good enough ,their was laois u 16 training tonight only ten turned up ,after beating louth well  and 27 at match ,out of ten only two or three will get a game saturday ,very rarely see manager at training only matchs,coachs always their,this is next years minor team,they know they dont have to train to get a game ,is all failing apart at senior & underage

Unison

Quote from: laoisboy on July 04, 2017, 10:39:25 PM
talk all ye  want whats happening on the ground is not good enough ,their was laois u 16 training tonight only ten turned up ,after beating louth well  and 27 at match ,out of ten only two or three will get a game saturday ,very rarely see manager at training only matchs,coachs always their,this is next years minor team,they know they dont have to train to get a game ,is all failing apart at senior & underage

Thats funny, you have the very same incomprehensible style as town1980.

BallyroanAbu

Joey and a lot of your posts miss one major fact we don't have the money to implement f**k all.  We are at the mercy of National and Provincial Councils.  I would not hold my breath on that.  On the good news I see Pat Flanagan is now available he should meet a lot of the criteria some of you are looking for in a manager.  Hope it goes well.

High Fielder

Quit being so mealy mouthed. You've had your say and God knows we all know now that Padraig Clancy is the Second Coming. Save your energy and petition your County Board delegate to come around to your way of thinking. You've worn people to the bone on here with your griping and sniping. You may well be right in the end, and I sincerely hope you are. Just try playing a different tune for one day, because it's obvious that you care

Zooming around

Quote from: laoisboy on July 04, 2017, 10:39:25 PM

Would the U16 squad not be short a good few lads who are up with the U17s?

Joeythelips

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 05, 2017, 08:46:25 AM
Joey and a lot of your posts miss one major fact we don't have the money to implement f**k all.  We are at the mercy of National and Provincial Councils.  I would not hold my breath on that.  On the good news I see Pat Flanagan is now available he should meet a lot of the criteria some of you are looking for in a manager.  Hope it goes well.

We surely are spending money, surely the treasurer gives a report each year on what is spent and I would imagine its not f**k all.
Also thats a bit of cheap shot at Pat Flanagan, he has a decent managerial record especially when he led westmeath to promotion to Div 1, if you were hiring a person as CEO of a company, looking through their CV would surely be a reasonable idea I would imagine.
At present if the likes of a Mickey Harte or Jim McGuinness took charge of Laois they would most likely struggle based on what we have seen over the past few years. Your suggestion of Clancy as manager is unusual in that he does not seem to have much of a managerial record at all, he has been a fantastic servant to Laois GAA as a player but I think it would be an unwise move for him and the county board.

I do agree with you that we should be aiming to have passionate Laois men in charge of our teams but they need to start at underage or club level to prove they can indeed manage.

BallyroanAbbey

Why would you pick Clancy, whats his managerial record, one year over Timahoe Junior Bs reached a semi/final, First year in Ballyroan got hammered by Timahoe, an intermediate team in a league semi/final, scrapped a win over a bad crettyard in the 1st round of championship, hammered by a heath team we got a draw off the year before in the next round and knocked out by Graigue the round after. Come to last year got to quarter final beat by arles/killen i.e the kingstons. Give him a few more years at club and see how he gets on. The likes of Joe Higgins should be closer to the job than Clancy and has intercounty expierence albeit with the women. Not saying he's the answer but surely more deserving than Clancy and McNulty for that matter at the moment.

Cruella De Vil

If creedon goes, and I believe he should, the will most likely head for Flanagan. That'd complete the merry-go-round if he comes to us and flatherta goes to the biffos. A decent guy maybe, but a nothing appointment.

I partially disagree with joey, if you'd mcguiness or money Harte over us, we'd be at least competitive in div. 3, and not getting done by 12 points by a poor Louth side in the 1st round of the league, getting beat by Sligo, Antrim, biffos and then getting tonked by Clare at home. Leave Kildare aside, they're well ahead of us, but let no-one tell you Antrim, biffos, Louth, Sligo, have that much better talent than we have, these teams are piss poor, and they can beat us at will.

town1980

I'm sensing one man in ballyroan doesn't like Clancy anyway ;D

Catch and Kick

Laois are in decline. It comes in cycles. Very few county teams can sustain success year in year out. Laois have done very well in the last fifteen years or so on a national level given the population and number of clubs. I would say they have punched above their weight. To be a perennial provincial contender requires a lot of boxes to be ticked on an annual basis. A strong and deep playing pool a knowledgeable and experienced and respected back room team, a supportive county board and a progressive club structure. If any of these falter the cycle will be short lived.
The present Laois panel contains a significant number of players who have given sterling service to the county; I would say a number of them have notions above their station and that is part of the problem; they are living off past glories and cannot accept that their status has changed.
Its a time to regroup and readjust.
Time to get the desire back that drives any successful squad.
There are enough players of a high standard for Laois to compete with all bar Dublin and possibly Kildare at present in Leinster. Don't talk the county down so easily. Laois teams traditionally are gutsy, spirited fighters; with the various qualities I have referred to earlier in place there is no reason Laois cannot bounce back. In the medium term.
Don't be so hard on the players representing the county or the people behind the scenes. Support, encourage, do something positive.

BallyroanAbu

Give it to Higgins, McNulty or Clancy but for God Sake give someone who is in Laois.  It's like a black mark against you if your from Laois but if you talk complete toss from somewhere else lets roll out the red carpet.  I can't understand it, why should TOF of got the job, he was ran out of Galway yet we had him for 3 years.  Creedon was a joke but Clancy or Higgins no they know nothing.  They are in Div 4 go with a Laois Man, I for the life of me cannot see why someone from Laois should not get the job, what sort of example are you setting continually hiring journey men no one else wants.  Pat Roe did a good job with Wexford one time again his home county "NO".  You ask why there is no passion in this county because we seem to want to deny those with passion any chance of progress. 

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 06, 2017, 12:34:30 AM
Give it to Higgins, McNulty or Clancy but for God Sake give someone who is in Laois.  It's like a black mark against you if your from Laois but if you talk complete toss from somewhere else lets roll out the red carpet.  I can't understand it, why should TOF of got the job, he was ran out of Galway yet we had him for 3 years.  Creedon was a joke but Clancy or Higgins no they know nothing.  They are in Div 4 go with a Laois Man, I for the life of me cannot see why someone from Laois should not get the job, what sort of example are you setting continually hiring journey men no one else wants.  Pat Roe did a good job with Wexford one time again his home county "NO".  You ask why there is no passion in this county because we seem to want to deny those with passion any chance of progress.
Woukd Mark Kavanagh take it I wonder?

BallyroanAbbey

Quote from: town1980 on July 05, 2017, 11:11:22 PM
I'm sensing one man in ballyroan doesn't like Clancy anyway ;D

I do like him actually, a very sound man but facts are facts he's achieved nothing of note yet, he's been built for a fall by my fellow clubman. I mentioned Higgins because he's also a young manager but has achievements behind him, has made club finals/all ireland semi finals.

As for the senior team itself now is probably the time to get rid of the older lads they have served us well but now is the time to come up with a long term plan for the team and rebuild from the bottom division and unfortunley the likes of timmons, strong, mcmahon, begley, donoher etc.

Build the foundations now for underage and club leagues/chamionships and see where we go

town1980

Now in fairness ballyroan abbey he has only taken your club and you or any of us would not expect ballyroan to have gotten to a county final,my outlook on him was he made tee more competitive for the time he was there and he looks to be doing the same with graig now time will tell on that,, my club we're going for ten in a row so getting to a final is not an achievement, wining one like stradbally  was and fair play to them, but I do see Higgins mal or Clancy as the men to instill a bit of passion that's needed, I personally would interview all three

BallyroanAbu

You can be a life time building juvenile, I am not saying don't improve it.  But to focus on juvenile to the detriment of your Senior Team is a fools errand.  Your Senior Team sells it to your kids they have to aspire to something.  Nobody is going to back a juvenile set up with cash.  Go ahead get your structures right but juvenile is the not place to put all your eggs and if it goes wrong you have ignored all else in the face of it.

So BallyroanAbbey we're we not vastly improved last year, because while your knocking what went on you forget we should have been beaten by far more against Arles 3 years ago and last year were somewhat unlucky to lose. We made massive improvements under Clancy and hopefully we can hold on to them.  i am not hard on anyone but a lot of people in Ballyroan think they could of better,  I personally feel under Clancy we were over achieving with an u20 team.

Joey not hitting out at you but this county will struggle for money as a result of been in Div 4.  I think already our sponsors are not happy.  Senior team is the seller you use it to earn more revenue.