Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

stevecw

Should be a great game on Sunday. Bonus for us to have a game in qualifiers after winning Christy Ring. Between Laois, Carlow, Antrim, Westmeath, Kerry, Meath there is nothing in it reallY. Any of those 6 can beat or lose to the other every time.
What's up with Cha, surely even a half fit Cha would play on Sunday?

redsetanta

Fair play to ye on a good win in Croke Park. As you said bonus territory and Laois won't be taking ye lightly after the big score ye put up against Antrim. We are affected by injuries as has been the case all of this year. Fortunately, Cahir Healy appears to be back in the fold. It will be good to be renewing aquaintances with Carlow but we should have enough in the tank to beat ye.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tobias

I watched the KK v Westmeath game last night. I think its the worst KK team that I have ever seen. If our seniors lost heavily to them the future is very very bleak indeed!
Sorry guys but its the reality of the situation we are in.

clonadmad

Quote from: Tobias on June 22, 2017, 04:21:51 AM
I watched the KK v Westmeath game last night. I think its the worst KK team that I have ever seen. If our seniors lost heavily to them the future is very very bleak indeed!
Sorry guys but its the reality of the situation we are in.

Last years Kk 21's were even poorer, still it does put things in perspective when our seniors can't beat this years 21 team.

redsetanta

How many of the team that played Wexford were U21? Most of our panel are under 21 so it's a little unfair. KK beat Westmeath who had already beaten us. It's not that far off the wall.

redsetanta

Young team named for Sunday. Giving Jack Kelly a run again. Killeen in at half back.

burdizzo

Shows how shallow the panel is. And no sign of Cahir, either. Could be tricky on Sunday.

redsetanta

There have been changes in the past to named teams so we'll see. Maybe Cahir isn't 100% but might get time at some stage. I really hope Picky starts to show some form. He was flying for Carlow IT this year and yet hasn't sparked for Laois. Would a spell taking the frees help??
Cha is a loss as he brings leadership qualities and he's all round abrasive nature getting in and upsetting opponents. At least there is continuity with the full back line and Ross and Paddy have been playing well. It will be tough tomorrow as there has rarely been more than a score difference when we've played in recent times.

redsetanta

Best of luck to the lads today. Be great to get the win.

Helix

Nail biting stuff today. Made it harder than it should have been. High wide count didn't help our cause. Got cleaned out in the majority of aerial battles but job done. Cleere was superb in the corner. Healy was all over field. Hopefully a favourable draw in the morning.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

Sure we've lost 2 more hurlers for the next day, both leaders in this young team. We haven't had a full panel all championship and then we lose 2 more. Great character shown today. Down their captain for most of the game. You get absolute honesty with this group of players.

burdizzo

Yes, absolutely about the character - but you do worry about the next game, whoever they get. The cupboard is bare enough w/out losing King and Maher (though the latter has been off-colour lately). Thought Cleere was monumental, and Foyle pretty good, too. However, we were steeped to get the win: Carlow is our level now.

redsetanta

Even during Cheddars tenure we got nothing handy from Carlow.

Can't see us beating Dublin particularly with the game away from O'Moore Park. Doubt we would have won that game yesterday had it been in Cullen Park.

We have too many injuries at the moment and with King gone as well.

I thought Picky was doing well yesterday before his injury. With King gone he was back on the frees and that seemed to get him going. Maybe it would be worth putting him back on freetaking again. We were poor enough overall yesterday and had Carlow not been as wayward in front of the posts it might have been a different story. Heroic performances from alot of the younglads, it was practically an U21 team out there especially late on.

Fair play to Healy again though gave 100%, fought for every ball and showed great leadership. 

Joeythelips

Carlow in fairness are no mugs and Laois as people have noted were not at full strength (and will be even less so the next day). But in modern day hurling and football it is very difficult to come from behind and win when you are down a man, so hats off to our lads for coming through that, a test of character like that is better than any amount of training.

Facing the Dubs the next day will be very tough but Laois will go into it as total underdogs so can give at right go with no pressure or expectations on them. If both were full strength you would expect Dublin to win by 5/6 points so the reality is with Laois weakened that it should be a bit of a drubbing. However the dublin squad does not seem like a happy camp so you never know.