All-Ireland Football Qualifiers 2016

Started by Tony, June 07, 2016, 10:54:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 29, 2016, 04:15:30 PM
Who was responsible for getting Cunningham in?

I don't know how it happened, but I do know that there is a link between the Vice Chairman (who is also "Football Chairman") and Cunningham. Don't know if that is where the move came from.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Would Chris Conway be available, he had great success with Knockbeg and has a lot of experience and football knowledge. Wouldn't be my favorite but might be worth a look..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

Chris is still kicking club football so I doubt it's something he'd be interested in right now. Maybe in a few years but would be better in my opinion if he got the reigns with one of the underage groups and worked his way up.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

portlaoisekid

Darragh O'Se as manager and Sugrue with him is a rumour doing the rounds ...

Giovanni

That would be an interesting combination.

I know he's been dismissed as a spoofer here but I would hope that they're considering John Evans too. The work he did with both Tipp and especially Roscommon was very good. He seems to have a way to get lads believing in themselves and playing with confidence and a bit of a swagger. That's what's really missing from our setup right now.

BallyroanAbu

Malachy McNulty is entitled to be in the mix.  He has improved Portlaoise and in fairness has to be the outstanding candidate  within Laois.

OTF

Quote from: portlaoisekid on August 01, 2016, 02:55:40 PM
Darragh O'Se as manager and Sugrue with him is a rumour doing the rounds ...

Was there a rumour about Darragh before TOF was appointed  ???  can't   see this happening myself, those lads have no interest in anything other than Kerry football and they have to prove themselves with Kerry underage teams first, was he involved with any I don't remember.

Laois football would not look well on  top of your resume for future work, its taken Liam Kearns  8 years to get another job with a bit of help from John Evans I'd say, none of the others have got anything yet.

I like Wollie and think he talks a lot of sense but this time I think its wishful thinking on his behalf as the bird has flown on this particular group of players.

My view is spend what every spare cash we have  on underage development, in fact pump every penny into it, its the only way forward.

Unison

PortlaoiseKid comes up with some good ones every now and then ;) Its not so long ago he told us the job was Cunningham's  ::)

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Unison on August 02, 2016, 04:36:54 PM
PortlaoiseKid comes up with some good ones every now and then ;) Its not so long ago he told us the job was Cunningham's  ::)
😂😂😂😂😂