Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on July 11, 2017, 06:14:52 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on July 11, 2017, 06:06:27 PM
After reading that article and the other transfer tales in the past 10/15 years here in Laois

Let's call a spade a spade

If you want to transfer,you will get one.

Nevermind the rule book and the various refusals you might get from the various committees.

Plough on

You will eventually get your wish.

Now I'm off to tap up a few promising underage prospects in neighboring clubs.

You don't even have to be living in a parish to play underage hurling with another parish team at this stage (and no,I'm not talking about isolated players)

Until a lad was refused a transfer to my club, on the basis of an address. He is genuinely living there (and has been for a good while), but it's all in his sister's name.

Sure, an esb bill for a cowshed was accepted in a case I know about. Apparently, a family of five living in a field.

Genuine case - turned down.
Fake esb bills - accepted.

Because....#countyboard.

Well Dave

If at first you don't succeed..............

Get more creative in your approach and plough on

Ballygowen

Obviously no one want to see someone transfer from their club to another club, especially when your own club is a small rural one. But my question is, what do you do if a player wants to transfer clubs? Dennoy them that opportunity and make them play with you when they don't want too? Which could result in them not playing at all. I do realise that there has to be restrictions in it or it would be like the premiership with players bouncing from one club to another. But  if a player is looking for a transfer there must be some reason for it, perhaps if they collaborated the reasons behind the requests for transfers they may be able to solve the issue. I presume most transfers from small clubs to larger clubs is to play senior/higher grade, so the CB should give these players an outlet to play at a higher grade (Gaels teams/Divisional team) but still play for their own club. Probably easier said than done though.   

redsetanta

Sure that was tried and clubs because of their own self interest turned it down. When you have underage amalgamations there will always be players like Daly wanting to make the move.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Does anyone know the rules around club transfers. If a club disagrees to a transfer is the player free to go after a period of inactivity despite the objection

BallyroanAbu

No regardless of last time you played club is entitled to object.  The address rule is the one that seems indisputable in Laois.  The others are open to argument.

The PRO

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 13, 2018, 09:33:55 PM
Does anyone know the rules around club transfers. If a club disagrees to a transfer is the player free to go after a period of inactivity despite the objection
you seem to be from Derry. This sub forum probably isn't the best place to find out what you're looking for.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Thanks lads. I'll start another thread

The Monument Road

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on January 13, 2018, 10:05:41 PM
Thanks lads. I'll start another thread
If you have any problems the DRA Sceilp will help you

BobbyBoucherJr

Deadline day, very quiet on the transfer front this year
Any last minute deals?

The Monument Road

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on January 31, 2018, 07:07:01 AM
Deadline day, very quiet on the transfer front this year
Any last minute deals?
Only one i heard of is the possible transfer of a former St Josephs player to Portlaoise. It was doing the rounds at the Limerick match. 

portlaoisekid

Cant put a name to this one TBH

Don Draper

Quote from: portlaoisekid on January 31, 2018, 04:27:45 PM
Cant put a name to this one TBH
PJ Dempsey. Still has something to offer imho.

Toomanygaels

Interesting to see a player looking to transfer from his clubs this year to "Further his Football Career" even though he played senior championship last year. Surely will be refused???

Don Draper

Quote from: Toomanygaels on February 05, 2018, 12:24:39 PM
Interesting to see a player looking to transfer from his clubs this year to "Further his Football Career" even though he played senior championship last year. Surely will be refused???
If his club have no objections, no one else should. Everyone knows where their priority lies when it comes to both codes. The only shame is he's going to the one club who shouldn't need any transfer but are constantly on the lookout for young talent of late rather than concentrating on maximizing their already vast numerical advantage.

Toomanygaels

Quote from: Don Draper on February 05, 2018, 12:31:52 PM
Quote from: Toomanygaels on February 05, 2018, 12:24:39 PM
If his club have no objections, no one else should. Everyone knows where their priority lies when it comes to both codes. The only shame is he's going to the one club who shouldn't need any transfer but are constantly on the lookout for young talent of late rather than concentrating on maximizing their already vast numerical advantage.

I dont think he should be let transfer to Portlaoise. Either he stays playing with Camross and Ballyfin or he should try and transfer to some other club bar Portlaoise.