Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Morgan conceding the Rossies his complimentary 0-2. Lads he does this every game, (but it's usually 0-1).
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

GalwayBayBoy

Roscommon started great but a worrying lack of intensity from them the longer the half went on. Barely putting any decent pressure on or tackles in.

longballin

easy for Tyrone tho what a mind numbing sport county football has become.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 05:49:55 PM
Tyrone should be banned from live tv...

Get a life so, why put your sanctimonious self through this purgatory! How many scores constitutes purity of spectacle, in your holy book, incidentally?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

cavanmaniac

Gutless stuff from Ros, once the pressure came on and the tough questions were asked they just went missing. Now lurching half heartedly at shadows while Tyrone keep them at arm's length.

Throw ball

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 14, 2018, 05:55:53 PM

Get a life so, why put your sanctimonious self through this purgatory! How many scores constitutes purity of spectacle, in your holy book, incidentally?

Nothing to do with scoring.

Simple question. How many neutrals enjoy watching Tyrone. I work in Tyrone and know for absolute certainty that the view I put forward is shared by many long serving GAA people in Tyrone.

longballin

county football is at a very low ebb despite the GAA attempts to hype the Super 8... crowds are reflecting that. World Cup much better viewing even Wimbeldon is and of course hurling on a whole different plateau. Not Tyrone's fault whole thing is poor viewing with very very occasional decent game.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 05:59:18 PM

Simple question. How many neutrals enjoy watching Tyrone. I work in Tyrone and know for absolute certainty that the view I put forward is shared by many long serving GAA people in Tyrone.

The view you put forward is more likely due to you masturbating too much.... ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 05:59:18 PM

Well, if scoring has nothing to do with it, I would have nothing more to say to you, or those Tyronians. That's not to say that we'll do anything of particular note in 2018, but this I do know - we'll do feck all without getting up the pitch to score, though whether we can do that to a sufficient extent against a Dublin or Kerry, this year, is a question that has yet to be answered.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Throw ball

Quote from: longballin on July 14, 2018, 06:01:29 PM

county football is at a very low ebb despite the GAA attempts to hype the Super 8... crowds are reflecting that. World Cup much better viewing even Wimbeldon is and of course hurling on a whole different plateau. Not Tyrone's fault whole thing is poor viewing with very very occasional decent game.

The problem is that Tyrone are not the only team that play that way. They just do it better than most of the others.

I also find it amazing that you are not allowed to say you do not like the way a team plays without getting personal abuse. I thought this was a football discussion thread . Can someone give me a reason why this is good to watch for neutrals. Roscommon giving up obviously doesn't help

Itchy

Can't get over how poor Roscommon look and how devoid of any sort of fight they are. This is not a particularly good Tyrone team.

red hander

rodney trotter

Roscommon have no defence. and the goalie is a liability with the kickouts.

They also look very lightweight . Tyrone stronger and faster.

Fuzzman

2.17 after 56 mins and most from play yet we get l
Slated for negative tactics and destroying the game.
Let's see how open the second game is

Jinxy

Quote from: Itchy on July 14, 2018, 06:17:18 PM
Can't get over how poor Roscommon look and how devoid of any sort of fight they are. This is not a particularly good Tyrone team.

It's the Croke Park effect.
It just swallows up some teams.
If you were any use you'd be playing.