6 (35.3%)
Good
0 (0%)
Excellent
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: March 04, 2017, 10:17:27 AM

Itchy

What does everyone think of the reign of the previous president? It gives me no pleasure to say it as a fellow Cavan man, but I read Joe Brolly's article below and found myself in almost total agreement. I listened to all the candidates prior to the last election and Aogán was very strong on clubs and fixtures, that was his No 1 priority. I look back and what I see is that zero has been done and club players have been forced to set up their own union as a result. In fact I really wonder what this man did at all for the last 2 years. This Super 8 thing seems to have been pulled out of Duffys backside with no consultation with clubs and does very little to address any fixture congestion.

Have I got it wrong. Was Ó Fearghail a pioneer who set in motion critical change or was he another conservative leader who did nothing?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/joe-brolly-super-eight-proposals-are-a-private-club-for-the-big-counties-a-commercial-juggernaut-35475716.html

mrdeeds

The most pointless and irrelevant president ever. Didn't want to upset anyone so achieved nothing.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: mrdeeds on February 25, 2017, 10:48:39 AM
The most pointless and irrelevant president ever. Didn't want to upset anyone so achieved nothing.
the ability to speak Irish doesn't qualify you to be the president

Rossfan

The only Uachtarán to provide leadership was Seánie Kelly and ye all Hare him ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

An empty vessel. Broken promises, plenty of good soundbites but absolutely no vision for the organisation and trying to return it to it's core values.

Rossfan

What are the Association's "core values"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Empty promises, just like politicans.

Blowitupref

A GAA president is a honorary position. Paraic Duffy is running the GAA money show.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

All I remember is him fighting with TV pundits like a spoilt child. Says all you need to know.

Owenmoresider

Didn't think it was possible to be worse than Cooney but how wrong I was. Duffy running the show more than ever.

manfromdelmonte

They even forced the CPA motion to be withdrawn
and wouldn't allow the CPA address Congress

Yes Aogán, you are all about the clubs