Westminster General Election 2024

Started by lurganblue, May 22, 2024, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

So Rishi rich wants mandatory national service for 18 year olds. We need to get as far away as possible from these people... (though I suspect it's about as likely as a bridge to Scotland)

Rebel84

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2024, 10:36:32 PMSo Rishi rich wants mandatory national service for 18 year olds. We need to get as far away as possible from these people... (though I suspect it's about as likely as a bridge to Scotland)

Talking of Bridges didn't yer man Bridgen say during the week that the Brits are currently at war with Russia but it won't be officially announced until the summer and then Sunak comes out with this.

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 25, 2024, 10:36:32 PMSo Rishi rich wants mandatory national service for 18 year olds. We need to get as far away as possible from these people... (though I suspect it's about as likely as a bridge to Scotland)

National Service didn't happen in the occupied six countries during WW2 and wouldn't happen here this time either. Sunak pandering to the far right.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Long to stand for Alliance in East Belfast, this will pressurise the new leader of the DUP.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Snapchap

Quote from: armaghniac on May 27, 2024, 12:49:17 AMLong to stand for Alliance in East Belfast, this will pressurise the new leader of the DUP.

She was always going to stand. I don't know why she didn't just come out as say so months ago when it was reported that the decision was made. Two party leaders going for one seat now. Expect local media outlets to totally ignore every other constituency between now and polling day.

lurganblue

Quote from: Snapchap on May 27, 2024, 09:30:51 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 27, 2024, 12:49:17 AMLong to stand for Alliance in East Belfast, this will pressurise the new leader of the DUP.

She was always going to stand. I don't know why she didn't just come out as say so months ago when it was reported that the decision was made. Two party leaders going for one seat now. Expect local media outlets to totally ignore every other constituency between now and polling day.

Probably just to make it look like there would be focus on her role as Justice Minister, when the reality is that one eye has always been on Westminster.

johnnycool

Word on the streets is that in North Down Alex Easton will be the "unified" Unionist candidate (i.e. TUV/Reform and DUP), but if he gets in he'll allocate his Stormont MLA post to a certain Donaghadee Bin Orator..

Alliance maybe planting this seed to scare anyone with a titter of wit away from him.

Tim "Nice but dim" Collins won't cause much of a wave in this area. Doug Beattie has made a major faux pas here in picking a fellow army buddy.

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: johnnycool on May 28, 2024, 10:32:15 AMWord on the streets is that in North Down Alex Easton will be the "unified" Unionist candidate (i.e. TUV/Reform and DUP), but if he gets in he'll allocate his Stormont MLA post to a certain Donaghadee Bin Orator..

Alliance maybe planting this seed to scare anyone with a titter of wit away from him.

Tim "Nice but dim" Collins won't cause much of a wave in this area. Doug Beattie has made a major faux pas here in picking a fellow army buddy.

Please anybody win but Tim Collins, even the DUP. Imagine 4-5 years of listening to that ego bloviating on the radio. No thanks.

Edit: that surely can't be serious about the Binman.

gallsman

Don't know a thing about Collins other than the bit about Bush loving his "let's not be conquerors" speech. What's he done since?!

johnnycool

Quote from: gallsman on May 28, 2024, 10:51:55 AMDon't know a thing about Collins other than the bit about Bush loving his "let's not be conquerors" speech. What's he done since?!

He's dined out on that since.

A bit like that móron, Johnny Mercer, no real intelligence to speak off even through the plummy voice.

Pub Bore

lurganblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-69072113

Abbott says Labour wont have her and Starmer says he doesnt know what she's on about.

Pub Bore

Quote from: lurganblue on Today at 12:29:17 PMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-69072113

Abbott says Labour wont have her and Starmer says he doesnt know what she's on about.

Shambles from Labour, but I doubt it will cost them a huge amount of votes.