Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Well i don't know what you look like, so can't comment on that but when you come on to the Celtic Thread and talk rubbish or try to wind people up i just assumed it was Tony on another username...So if you're not Tony then "sorry".
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

longballin

Quote from: illdecide on May 19, 2017, 12:19:09 PM
Well i don't know what you look like, so can't comment on that but when you come on to the Celtic Thread and talk rubbish or try to wind people up i just assumed it was Tony on another username...So if you're not Tony then "sorry".

Not trying to wind people up just stating reality. Like when you see achievement compared with Jock Stein  :-\

longballin

Quote from: Hectic on May 19, 2017, 12:18:44 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2017, 11:26:26 AM
Quote from: Hectic on May 19, 2017, 11:07:39 AM
Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2017, 10:32:36 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 19, 2017, 10:23:13 AM
Would I be right in thinking that if Celtic win or draw their last game they set the record for most points achieved in a single season?  I think it's currently 103 so they are level with it. Would be some achievement for an auld bluffer from the Glens!!  Still deserves the boot though.

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. Easiest job in soccer....

And Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.  I am sure you would do equally well in that job....

Anyone would... Barcelona 7-0 says it all about standard in Scotland

What sort of logic are you trying to knit together?  He has the easiest job in football, you could do equally well and to prove it his team got thumped by one of the best teams in the world?

I have the most obese wife in the world, anyone could get off with her and to prove it she did not eat a thing when we went to pizza hut!

:D Im guessing your wife doesnt read this board...

Hectic

Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2017, 12:31:25 PM
Would I be right in thinking that if Celtic win or draw their last game they set the record for most points achieved in a single season?  I think it's currently 103 so they are level with it. Would be some achievement for an auld bluffer from the Glens!!  Still deserves the boot though.

And Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.  I am sure you would do equally well in that job....

What sort of logic are you trying to knit together?  He has the easiest job in football, you could do equally well and to prove it his team got thumped by one of the best teams in the world?

I have the most obese wife in the world, anyone could get off with her and to prove it she did not eat a thing when we went to pizza hut!

lol - if she does I am safe enough  ;)

longballin

Quote from: Hectic on May 19, 2017, 12:36:40 PM
Quote from: longballin on May 19, 2017, 12:31:25 PM

lol - if she does I am safe enough  ;)

im not anti-Celtic by the way but just aint carried away by whats happening... pity they couldnt get into Premiership place would be rocking and would attract top players and be a force in Europe again

Hectic

On a more serious note I think we all know that we are miles out in front of what we are up against and with a competent manager will continue to secure league titles.  However in such circumstances if you want to try and kick on it is not good enough just being better than what is around you.  You have to set your own standards and you have to try and make inroads in Europe.  In ways playing in a weak league with less TV revenue makes this more difficult. 

Rodgers will face his defining games of next season before it has even properly began and should he come through that then his challenge is to show that his team can start to compete at that level by securing European football beyond Christmas.  It does not stop there either.  No one is expecting a magic bullet where we are challenging for European titles but if we can get to a stage where we are looking at quarter finals of Champions League or semi finals of Europa league then that would be  a great place to be.  But as things stand this is still a wish rather than any sort of given. 

However one year into the job there are clear signs of progress from recent years and we can only hope that the progress continues for a few years yet.  The reality is should Celtic fail to get group stages of Champions League next season then a lot of the current feel good will evaporate.  I was at Hampden for the league cup final towards the end of Ronnys first season and much of the second half was spent singing his name and he got a similar heroic reception at our club dinner that June yet come the autumn the knives were being sharpened. 

So things can change but as it stands the forward momentum is there and we will only really be able to judge Rodgers time when he has his own stamp on the team playing against the better sides in European football.  You talked about the Barcelona result but that was early in his tenure and lesson were learned and brought forward in subsequent matches.  As I say, all about progressing and with progress while it is still happening you cannot come to any definite conclusions and sure there will be bumps along the way but again it is how you react to the bumps.  Two steps forward, one step back keeps you moving forward in the long run.

T Fearon

One week to go until I attend a special lunch in Glasgow with the Lions.Should be a memorable.occasion.

Hectic

Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2017, 01:09:47 PM
One week to go until I attend a special lunch in Glasgow with the Lions.Should be a memorable.occasion.

I hope the sandwiches are to your satisfaction Tony.

tonto1888

Anyone would? Ronnie didnt

ned

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 19, 2017, 02:33:52 PM

Anyone would? Ronnie didnt

What crap logic. What does the Barcelona 6-1 beating of PSG say about French football?
7-0 against Barca tells us only that on the night Celtic were woeful. These scores happen in sport.
This has been a remarkable season, no doubts. If we win on Sunday and in the SC this will probably rank in the top few seasons for any Celtic team.

gawa316

So are Celtic en route to having their best domestic season ever?

illdecide

Quote from: gawa316 on May 19, 2017, 10:10:08 PM

No...1967 was/is their best season as they won the heap. If Celtic win their next 2 games and hoping they do it will have been a fantastic season but not their best ever
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Applesisapples

Quote from: Hectic on May 19, 2017, 01:21:15 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 19, 2017, 01:09:47 PM

I hope the sandwiches are to your satisfaction Tony.
He loves the all prawn ones with a glass of prosecco.

gawa316

Quote from: illdecide on May 19, 2017, 10:46:59 PM

No...1967 was/is their best season as they won the heap. If Celtic win their next 2 games and hoping they do it will have been a fantastic season but not their best ever

Europe aside though, are they not en-route to win everything, record points total, unbeaten etc?

thebar

Quote from: gawa316 on May 19, 2017, 11:27:16 PM
Quote from: illdecide on May 19, 2017, 10:46:59 PM

Europe aside though, are they not en-route to win everything, record points total, unbeaten etc?

They are indeed!