Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thebigdog

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 02, 2017, 10:51:51 PM
Quote from: Thebigdog on December 02, 2017, 08:04:00 PM
As regards finances in the county maybe the county board should look more money off clubs for this can deter them from putting their money towards these self serving mercenary managers from outside(so much for amateur ethos). It also galls me that the Tyrone manager who has and also his relatives have feathered their nests nicely since 2002 between walking into cushy teaching jobs and media work. Really does make for unpleasant reading when you consider the money situation in Tyrone.

Cushy teaching jobs?  Nothing cushy about teaching theses days,
and.......
You think boards of governors appointed Harte's relatives to schools based solely on the fact they were related to him?
In a word yes! Isn't it great this new thread dedicated to ME is getting top billing in the Tyrone thread ha ha ha

Jim Bob

Quote from: Thebigdog on December 03, 2017, 12:01:51 AM
Quote from: Jim Bob on December 02, 2017, 10:51:51 PM
Quote from: Thebigdog on December 02, 2017, 08:04:00 PM
As regards finances in the county maybe the county board should look more money off clubs for this can deter them from putting their money towards these self serving mercenary managers from outside(so much for amateur ethos). It also galls me that the Tyrone manager who has and also his relatives have feathered their nests nicely since 2002 between walking into cushy teaching jobs and media work. Really does make for unpleasant reading when you consider the money situation in Tyrone.

Cushy teaching jobs?  Nothing cushy about teaching theses days,
and.......
You think boards of governors appointed Harte's relatives to schools based solely on the fact they were related to him?
In a word yes!

Evidence or are you just mouthing?

stew

Quote from: longballin on November 29, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 29, 2017, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on November 29, 2017, 05:44:12 PM
I didn't realise jokes weren't allowed here.

I thought it was funny to be fair. Lighten up longballin ffs we don't have to be offended at everything.

And agree with your point clubs should refuse to pay above what they've paid in previous years.

Ok I'm cool, I just see how poorly the female players are treated and Tyrone claim to lead the way appointing a female chairperson...

Lead the way????They play some of their  club championship matches in Armagh sure!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

longballin

Quote from: stew on December 03, 2017, 09:51:38 AM
Quote from: longballin on November 29, 2017, 08:22:07 PM
Quote from: square_ball on November 29, 2017, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on November 29, 2017, 05:44:12 PM
I didn't realise jokes weren't allowed here.

I thought it was funny to be fair. Lighten up longballin ffs we don't have to be offended at everything.

And agree with your point clubs should refuse to pay above what they've paid in previous years.

Ok I'm cool, I just see how poorly the female players are treated and Tyrone claim to lead the way appointing a female chairperson...

Lead the way????They play some of their  club championship matches in Armagh sure!

I mean they claim to lead the way in inclusiveness for females when Roisin became the Chair... 

ladies only

Garvaghey will be missing the £10K from the women next year, heard they are heading to Cookstown or Omagh with county teams £70 - £75 per session now up on the hill just too much, so much for equality they and Camogie were used to try and get grants at Stormont and at other government agencies North and South. It's disappointing that Rosin didn't stand up for the female sports

redhandofgod

Is the ladies not a separate entity? their own county board etc?

LeoMc

Quote from: redhandofgod on December 04, 2017, 09:10:36 AM
Were they not invited to come on board the Garvaghey project at the beginning?

ladies only

They are but every club bar one or two are all One Club, the ladies under the wing of the GAA club. strides being made for intergration, the fact they were used in all marketing for the project now they are one of the main users charged at the full rate and on occassions not even allowed near the place , Players have now asked that they dont be used in the marketing for it, last years fees were over 10k so clubs should be prepared to raise that shortfall in 2018 too. £700-900 for one day in winter when there was no-one about the place tells it's own story

ladies only

Quote from: LeoMc on December 04, 2017, 09:56:12 AM

In a word No....used to ge grants and support

The Golden Years

Quote from: ladies only on December 04, 2017, 10:40:41 AM

I dont get what the ladies are crying about?  They are a different body so they should pay for the facility.  Clubs pay into Garvaghey every year and still pay when they use it.  Thats if they even can even get a chance to use it.  Always booked out.

longballin

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 04, 2017, 01:15:33 PM

I dont get what the ladies are crying about?  They are a different body so they should pay for the facility.  Clubs pay into Garvaghey every year and still pay when they use it.  Thats if they even can even get a chance to use it.  Always booked out.

So why did the GAA here use images of Tyrone Ladies and talk of 'inclusiveness' when looking funding anywhere and everywhere. Should have been honest and said they will be paying customers...

Therealdonald

Quote from: longballin on December 04, 2017, 02:06:06 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on December 04, 2017, 01:15:33 PM

So why did the GAA here use images of Tyrone Ladies and talk of 'inclusiveness' when looking funding anywhere and everywhere. Should have been honest and said they will be paying customers...

I think that goes on all the time with funding...I know lot of clubs agree with cross-community use of facilities, yet I haven't seen Moygashel flute band use Dungannon's pavillion for band practice (and it's just an example of the top of my head).

southtyronegael

i see damian harvey from teamtalkmag has been nominated and intends running for county chair in upcoming convention. has roisin jordans term expired yet? she has 3 years done as far as im aware.

ose 14

could anyone roughly suggest  how much of club tyrone finance goes to the coaching and development of underage players in tyrone. id like to compare that to the preparation of the county senior team and its facilitators. has anyone ever seen these figures. would the mickeytaker for example get more spondoolicks than the kids of tyrone? no fabrication please.

redhandefender

Quote from: ose 14 on December 04, 2017, 10:38:42 PM
could anyone roughly suggest  how much of club tyrone finance goes to the coaching and development of underage players in tyrone. id like to compare that to the preparation of the county senior team and its facilitators. has anyone ever seen these figures. would the mickeytaker for example get more spondoolicks than the kids of tyrone? no fabrication please.

You have little to be at but its all available, have you contacted club tyrone?