2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2018, 08:53:12 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 17, 2018, 08:37:30 PM
FT Kerry 0-19 Kildare 0-14.
Kildare have lost 6/6. They would have been better off staying in D2
The experience of playing the likes of Kerry,Mayo,Dublin etc is worth it even if you lose every game.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 17, 2018, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 17, 2018, 08:53:12 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 17, 2018, 08:37:30 PM
FT Kerry 0-19 Kildare 0-14.
Kildare have lost 6/6. They would have been better off staying in D2
The experience of playing the likes of Kerry,Mayo,Dublin etc is worth it even if you lose every game.
Add Tyrone, Donegal, Monaghan. Playing these teams is never a waste. You can gauge (to a point) where you are. 

thebuzz

Kildare were close in a lot of games so I don't think it was a waste of time playing in Division 1. They will have gained from the experience even though it may be a bit sore on morale.

cornetto

Looks like Galway will have a weakened team out tomorrow not that it makes much difference, but does that mean Walsh is taking the final seriously??
Well best of luck, I suppose the physcology will say his best team wasn't beaten twice!!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: thebuzz on March 17, 2018, 10:36:45 PM
Kildare were close in a lot of games so I don't think it was a waste of time playing in Division 1. They will have gained from the experience even though it may be a bit sore on morale.

The players will have learned from it, management wise not so sure. Our decision making in the final third has progressively for worse. Time for Glenn.
#newbridgeornowhere

Cunny Funt

Quote from: cornetto on March 17, 2018, 11:02:35 PM
Looks like Galway will have a weakened team out tomorrow not that it makes much difference, but does that mean Walsh is taking the final seriously??
Well best of luck, I suppose the physcology will say his best team wasn't beaten twice!!!
Dead rubber game for Galway tomorrow.  First Div one final for Galway since 2006 of course Walsh and his players will be taking it seriously.

Schkite

Quote from: cornetto on March 17, 2018, 11:02:35 PM

Playing the Dubs twice in close succession is a tough one. I'm sure Galway won't be showing much of their full hand when they know already they'll be meeting them in the final anyway, might as well hold back for that. Reminds me a bit of a few years ago when the Dubs destroyed Monaghan in Clones, and a week later they just pipped us by a point in the league semi.

Wildweasel74

I remember Derry beating Dublin handy at Celtic park and 3 games later getting murdered by them in the league final a month later

Schkite

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 18, 2018, 10:51:45 AM
I remember Derry beating Dublin handy at Celtic park and 3 games later getting murdered by them in the league final a month later

Yeah it can go both ways. I find it pretty unlikely that Galway have a close game with Dublin twice in a row(possibly neither), so they may as well keep their powder dry today seeing as it's a dead rubber.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 17, 2018, 11:11:52 PM

The players will have learned from it, management wise not so sure. Our decision making in the final third has progressively for worse. Time for Glenn.

High time some of our players stepped up. Hard to keep hearing and reading the same excuses. A lot of the current panel have been at it now for five or six years. I don't like singling players out but they're not all young lads anymore and the majority of our team would have had a lot more experience of senior football than their Kerry counterparts last night.

With the Galway match being a dead rubber now we might as well have a look at Murray, Dempsey, Sherry, Jimmy Hyland etc. It might give other lads a kick up the backside before the championship.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 18, 2018, 12:53:23 PM

High time some of our players stepped up. Hard to keep hearing and reading the same excuses. A lot of the current panel have been at it now for five or six years. I don't like singling players out but they're not all young lads anymore and the majority of our team would have had a lot more experience of senior football than their Kerry counterparts last night.

With the Galway match being a dead rubber now we might as well have a look at Murray, Dempsey, Sherry, Jimmy Hyland etc. It might give other lads a kick up the backside before the championship.

Glenn would tell them a few home truths, we're stuck with the players, we're not stuck with the manager, technically and physically O'Neill has brought them on but mentally they are weaker than ever. You don't need a team talk to play Kildare because it is "Just Kildare".
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 18, 2018, 01:04:22 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on March 18, 2018, 12:53:23 PM

Glenn would tell them a few home truths, we're stuck with the players, we're not stuck with the manager, technically and physically O'Neill has brought them on but mentally they are weaker than ever. You don't need a team talk to play Kildare because it is "Just Kildare".

I can't imagine Roli keeps his counsel in the dressing room. It's a hypnotist that the players need!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

joemamas

The under on my beloved Mayo is 17 1/2 , seems way to high.
Especially against Tyrone

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

maigheo

Mayo 0.01  tyrone 0.08  Boyle and Mcnulty both off on red cards.  34 min