RTE

Started by Eamonnca1, September 15, 2017, 09:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 19, 2017, 06:32:11 PM
Still going!
Ian O'Doherty reckons the person isn't a whistleblower just a rat and that if they were so pissed off they would have fought the bosses on this and God forbid leave their highly-paid pensionable job...
It reminded me of a friend who was talking about a person within RTE and how edgy they are, how sick of it all they were. How things were crap and they don't play Irish music and they are always giving out.
This person was still happy to work on the same gig for years, doing the same thing, getting well-paid, and never once dream of going outside of RTE because they had a v cushy number.
If all these poor disenchanted souls with jobs for life contracts and big wages decided to explore new creative ventures in the independent sector then new younger people might breath life into RTE...ah no they are grand where they are...

Michael O'Doherty.. he comes across as a myopic curmudgeon in that piece to be honest. Not half as smart an article as he seems to think it is.

Captain Scarlet

Ha! I just presumed it was the other O'Doherty without paying enough heed to the byline.
Not saying it was a good piece but one point re the Secret Producer being almost part of the problem just really got me thinking to the person who was telling me all about their mate.

This was ages ago and I asked the same, why don't they leave? Easier said than done I know.

Overall I am in favour of the account as it is important that RTE are held more accountable when there is chat about raising licence fees and so on. Also the reaction of not addressing any issues raised, instead playing man not ball says a lot.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

MoChara

RTE Secret Producer twitter account has started up again for anyone that was following it, no revelations just announced his/her return