The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 10, 2009, 11:04:00 AM
Quote from: under the bar on September 10, 2009, 10:55:09 AM
How come Straw doesn't extradite the man whom he said "admitted responsibility"? 

Does he not understand the term 'natural justice?'
His confession was tainted too, pressure put to bear on him from all sides, this is a very dodgy case, I have my doubts to be honest.

I think that Sankey retracted his "confession", I think the fella Shields guilt or innocence was irrelevant when this decision was made. Purely a political decision with a Labour government trying to curry favour.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

peterquaife

Quote from: under the bar on September 09, 2009, 09:13:34 PM
QuoteBad news for Englands WC bid.  Pardoning hooligans convicted of attempted murder in another country won't be looked on favorably.

Go f**k yourself! 

Wow, you're a real man, telling people to go f**k themselves on a discussion board!  Don't you have school in the morning?

under the bar..go f**k yourself..what do you think you deserve coming out with such verbal dung

Doogie Browser

Glen Johnson has looked dodgy for England at right back particularly against Slovenia last Saturday, there was massive space down his flank all game.  Great going forward, but I just wonder about him...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Doogie Browser on September 10, 2009, 03:17:47 PM
Glen Johnson has looked dodgy for England at right back particularly against Slovenia last Saturday, there was massive space down his flank all game.  Great going forward, but I just wonder about him...
I thought Johnson was excellent last night
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hound

Created a goal as well mind you.

I think adding Johnson and minusing Alonso (assuming all other things being equal) will result in more points against non-Top 6 and less points against Top 6, over the course of the season.

redhandloo

Quote from: Hound on September 10, 2009, 03:22:09 PM
Created a goal as well mind you.

I think adding Johnson and minusing Alonso (assuming all other things being equal) will result in more points against non-Top 6 and less points against Top 6, over the course of the season.
Fair assumption
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Capt Pat

There are 14 teams outside the top 6 to pick up more points against.

GalwayBayBoy

You keep wondering about his England form all you like. He's been excellent for Liverpool so far. I could care less what he does for England to be honest.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on September 12, 2009, 03:09:49 AM

You keep wondering about his England form all you like. He's been excellent for Liverpool so far. I could care less what he does for England to be honest.

I think form is the wrong word here though. I think it's ability that's the issue. Johnson is a good player, but Hound's point is back on. A good left winger will tie him up, and when England/ Liverpool play the Brazils/ Arsenals of this world he could be a weakness to exploit.

What do Liverpool fans reckon about playing Johnson on the right hand side of midfield?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 12, 2009, 08:40:00 AM

What do Liverpool fans reckon about playing Johnson on the right hand side of midfield?

Possibly against some of the bigger teams, cause it would make us more defensive but who then do you play at right back? Carra is the only option however we knows he doesn't like playing there and he doesn't really have the legs anyway.

Can't see Johnson having as much space at right mid anyway and therefore would not have as great a attacking impact. Having Kuyt infront of him is part of the reason he's had a successful start. Kuyt not only makes space for him out wide but also has the capabilities to help out in defence thus giving Johnson the freedom to bomb on

Carmen Stateside

Good half overall.  Yossi is playing out of his skin, Gerrard always looks better playing further back the field imo and Lucas looking alot more comfortable on the ball.
plus Kuyt on my Fantasy team ;)

J70

Marvellous performance today - was like watching Arsenal at times in and around the area! Let's hope that sets the standard going forward.

stew

Quote from: J70 on September 12, 2009, 04:56:12 PM
Marvellous performance today - was like watching Arsenal at times in and around the area! Let's hope that sets the standard going forward.

there will be no place for Liverpool to hide if and when they lose Torres or Stevie G.

Youse will do well to finish in the top five at this stage.

Chelsea will win the thing, City will be second with United third and the spuds fourth.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.