County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

John Fogarty
@JohnFogartyIrl
·
7m
Hearing Pádraic Joyce has been offered Galway senior football manager's position. #GAA

Farrandeelin

It's Joyce's surely. Interesting for sure.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Duine Eile

Statement out from the county board, PJ's job with John Divilly, John Concannon and Micheál Ó Domhnaill as selectors.

GalwayBayBoy

Following interviews for the position of Galway Senior Football Manager, the interview Committee will be recommending Padraic Joyce and his selectors John Divilly, Michéal Ó Domhnaill and John Concannon for ratification to the Management and County Committee at their meeting next week.

Galway G.A.A would like to thank Liam Kearns for his interest in the fortunes of Galway and wish him well in the future.

Seamus Ó Gráda,

Secretary, Galway G.A.A.

An Fhairche Abu

Best of luck to Joyce and all the backroom team. Clearly given everything that's emerged it will be difficult circumstances for them in terms of the support structures and budget coming from the County board but hopefully they will be successful.
No matter how great a player he was, the Galway support is fickle and won't be long turning on him if the results aren't good and Joyce has no real track record as a manager. Regardless of who is in charge the payers badly need to step up next year after a truly dreadful 2019 championship, it will be interesting to see what way the team sets up and who the personnel will be, there could be major changes afoot.
They are blessed with the draw for Connacht with Mayo and Roscommon on the other side, Division One will be challenging in 2020 but they get 4 home matches next year.

badball

Great to See former kerry footballers kieran o leary And Fionn Fitz and B Guiney going in with John sugrue, nice set up best of luck

Blowitupref

Paul Taylor has added Nigel Dineen to his Sligo management team, Dinnen led Roscommon to the U21 All Ireland finals in 2012 and 2014.  London the last football team to appoint their manager and they have gone with a first ever London born manager in Michael Maher.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Blowitupref on October 16, 2019, 01:21:07 PM
Paul Taylor has added Nigel Dineen to his Sligo management team, Dinnen led Roscommon to the U21 All Ireland finals in 2012 and 2014.  London the last football team to appoint their manager and they have gone with a first ever London born manager in Michael Maher.
Delighted to have Dineen on board and retained Joe Keane as selector/coach with the addition of S&C Sean Boyle.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Padraic Joyce unanimously ratified by all Galway County Committee delegates at tonights meeting.

Senior Football Manager for a 3 year term with a review after 2 years.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Pádraic Joyce sounds confident in his first interview as Galway senior manager.

"A successful year one would be to start off winning the FBD league and then go on and win the National league, and then the All-Ireland. That’s our aim – that’s what we are aiming for straight away,"

"It might sound far-fetched to a lot of people. I’m not saying we are going to win the All-Ireland in two or three years’ time, we are training for the 30th of August next year. That’s when the final is on, that’s when we are training for. And if we don’t do that, I would see it as disappointment."

Rossfan

Back in the real world-Leitrim hurling manager has packed it in.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

yellowcard

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 05, 2019, 11:51:26 AM

Pádraic Joyce sounds confident in his first interview as Galway senior manager.

"A successful year one would be to start off winning the FBD league and then go on and win the National league, and then the All-Ireland. That's our aim – that's what we are aiming for straight away,"

"It might sound far-fetched to a lot of people. I'm not saying we are going to win the All-Ireland in two or three years' time, we are training for the 30th of August next year. That's when the final is on, that's when we are training for. And if we don't do that, I would see it as disappointment."

That's the sort of thing I expect division 1 managers to say to their side in pre season meetings but not to the media. I have a feeling those words could come back to bite. Imagine Jim Gavin coming out with that!!

Rossfan

Liam Kearns said to be going to Clann na nGael?

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on November 06, 2019, 09:55:34 PM
Liam Kearns said to be going to Clann na nGael?

Yup thats true, Was approached when he didnt get the Galway job and it became known current management were stepping down. Nothing confirmed yet but he did attend the last two league games the club played in recent weeks.

Rossfan

I see the Poacher has departed from Carlow.