Smurfy123

So at the minute we are sitting on 36000 approx
The South of Ireland making excuses already
Boris and the boys have said it will be the biggest rollout ever
Let's see
36000 in 3 weeks wouldnt fill you with much confidence
Surely 7000 per day should be the target

Tubberman

You realise the rollout is limited by supply?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

armaghniac

In Ireland, about 70% of over 65s and vulnerable people get a flu jab each year in two months or so. Now the Covid vaccine needs two shots, but the job can be done, if the vaccines are available. The whole vaccine thing will speed up when the vaccines are approved and available.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

I think you'll be surprised at the amount of people, including the elderly have no interest in getting it.

imtommygunn

delgany

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 30, 2020, 10:21:46 PM
I think you'll be surprised at the amount of people, including the elderly have no interest in getting it.

Dead on ..... they prefer to take their chances with a fatal disease.

Smurfy123

Limited to supply Northern Ireland got 40000 on day 1 and haven't even distributed yet. I would think they have another 40000 in the fridge
Surprised at the elderly not taking it up

armaghniac

Probably Sinn Féin voters, surveys show that half of them don't believe in the vaccine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: delgany on December 30, 2020, 10:23:37 PM

If you want to get sarky, deadly for approximately 2%.

smort

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 30, 2020, 10:53:20 PM

That's > 100,000 people on the island

lenny

It's not just the deaths. Lots of people have been left as invalids or with life changing conditions as a result of COVID. Anyone refusing the vaccine is extremely foolish and reckless with their own health and the health of their close contacts.

LeoMc

Quote from: Tubberman on December 30, 2020, 10:04:44 PM
You realise the rollout is limited by supply?
And the storage conditions. Popping it into a domestic freezer doesn't work.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: lenny on December 31, 2020, 09:20:17 AM

It's not just the deaths. Lots of people have been left as invalids or with life changing conditions as a result of COVID. Anyone refusing the vaccine is extremely foolish and reckless with their own health and the health of their close contacts.

Fair enough point, not really going to argue it. I'm not an anti Vaxxer or believe there is anything untoward in the jab, just presented my real life findings as opposed to anything I personally may believe.

But I can tell you this board does not reflect real life opinion I've come across from a variety of walks of life. The majority are anti lockdown and fairly uncommittal on the vaccine "I wouldn't really be needing it" was one I heard from someone in their 60s believe it or not. You have to respect that every individual reserves the right to take or not take a vaccine, I wouldn't be quick to label them foolish or reckless.

trueblue1234

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 31, 2020, 09:36:30 AM
Quote from: lenny on December 31, 2020, 09:20:17 AM

Fair enough point, not really going to argue it. I'm not an anti Vaxxer or believe there is anything untoward in the jab, just presented my real life findings as opposed to anything I personally may believe.

But I can tell you this board does not reflect real life opinion I've come across from a variety of walks of life. The majority are anti lockdown and fairly uncommittal on the vaccine "I wouldn't really be needing it" was one I heard from someone in their 60s believe it or not. You have to respect that every individual reserves the right to take or not take a vaccine, I wouldn't be quick to label them foolish or reckless.
You have to respect their right not to take the vaccine. But I would most definitely label them foolish for doing so.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Seaney

Quote from: armaghniac on December 30, 2020, 10:48:17 PM
Probably Sinn Féin voters, surveys show that half of them don't believe in the vaccine.

::) ::) You still want everyone certified with the vaccine before returning to your really important job?