The vaccine rollout

Started by Smurfy123, December 30, 2020, 09:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 03, 2021, 01:24:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2021, 12:30:53 AM
Nice bitta fat shaming on public internet!

Some lovely people

To be honest, if people have constantly ignored the public health warnings regarding their health and weight (very much including smoking). The chickens were always going to come home to roost.

Covid is ruthlessly exposing weakness in the body. It's not about fat shaming, it's about taking your personal health seriously after this. Still to my mind Covid is destroying the elderly population that were mass smokers.

Collectively yes, everyone needs to take a serious look at how they are looking after their bodies.

By the same token there were plenty of 'fat' people that finished across the triathlon marathon lines before skinny people... I've personally seen at these events and thought this guy will have a heart attack before getting out of the water, zooming past me on their bike early on is very disheartening!

So while there are a lot of people out there overweight, I'll hold judgment on a person's fitness until I know personally what his health choices are.

So naming and claiming without knowing is what I was calling out.

Since lockdown and gyms have closed my physical fitness has dropped considerably, dodgy knee lately hasn't helped but, I can see how quickly your body can lose fitness and tone.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 02, 2021, 02:35:22 PM
Yes but both suppliers have come out and said they have no issues
So say Oxford can supply 2 million a week and Pfizer can supply 200000 let's get them out and less of the bullshite excuses.
So if that's what the uk is doing a week the north should be hitting 68000 per week
Some hope of that

I don't understand this. Israel are saying they have to slow down their roll out to ensure they have enough second doses for those who got the first dose.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Smurfy123

David McKeown

How those two things are both accurate. Israel are having to slow down or face running out of the vaccine yet the supplier is saying they have no difficulty meeting demand. Surely if there was no issue meeting demand Israel wouldn't have to slow down or risk running out.

God14

The suppliers are saying they have no difficulty meeting the pre agreed delivery schedules. They are not saying there isn't a shortage in supply. Oxford have over 4m doses ready but only 530k vials to put them in, hence the first UK delivery was just 530k.

David McKeown

Quote from: God14 on January 04, 2021, 06:05:51 AM
The suppliers are saying they have no difficulty meeting the pre agreed delivery schedules. They are not saying there isn't a shortage in supply. Oxford have over 4m doses ready but only 530k vials to put them in, hence the first UK delivery was just 530k.

Ahh ok. Thanks. That's where my confusion was. I knew one of the major problems with the Pfizer vaccine was the lack of dry ice worldwide. So it's somewhat misleading for the vaccine provider to suggest there is no issues with supply.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 03, 2021, 02:18:16 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 03, 2021, 01:24:01 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2021, 12:30:53 AM
Nice bitta fat shaming on public internet!

Some lovely people

To be honest, if people have constantly ignored the public health warnings regarding their health and weight (very much including smoking). The chickens were always going to come home to roost.

Covid is ruthlessly exposing weakness in the body. It's not about fat shaming, it's about taking your personal health seriously after this. Still to my mind Covid is destroying the elderly population that were mass smokers.

Collectively yes, everyone needs to take a serious look at how they are looking after their bodies.

By the same token there were plenty of 'fat' people that finished across the triathlon marathon lines before skinny people... I've personally seen at these events and thought this guy will have a heart attack before getting out of the water, zooming past me on their bike early on is very disheartening!

So while there are a lot of people out there overweight, I'll hold judgment on a person's fitness until I know personally what his health choices are.

So naming and claiming without knowing is what I was calling out.

Since lockdown and gyms have closed my physical fitness has dropped considerably, dodgy knee lately hasn't helped but, I can see how quickly your body can lose fitness and tone.

Of course, there are some fellas just carry a bit of weight - doesn't mean they are lesser athletes. Like my old hero, Rory Woods  ;)

My point was aimed more at smoking to be honest. Winds me up, seeing these ones in shops with the masks on then them out the front about 2 steps and the mask to the side and cigarette in. It's baffling. What's the point?

When your paying for these packets and on the side it says "smoking causes death" or whatever that blurb is. What do you expect? Something perverse that we've banned any kind of health facility being open, but some man can stroll in and pick up a pack of those things in the middle of this thing to me.

imtommygunn

It's more infuriating again when you're walking into a maternity hospital with no smoking signs everywhere and there are heavily pregnant women standing smoking under these signs so you can't avoid breathing in the smoke as you walk past them.

Milltown Row2

Smokers don't read the signs or care about them, they are addicted to the nicotine and that's that..

It could predict on the packet when they are going to die or show someone in agony on their death bed and it won't stop them smoking.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

So Nicola S revealed that Scotland will have 900000 vaccines before the end of January
So that would mean N Ireland should receive 315000 approx
A statement today says we are aiming to vaccinate 11000 people this week and 80s and above by the end of the month. How underwhelming is that. So so slow
Nicola S also reveal that everyone above 50 will have received 1 vaccination by the middle of April

LeoMc

Quote from: Smurfy123 on January 01, 2021, 10:58:05 PM
Sid let's respect ye virus but it is not a deadly virus to anyone below 50
It is not to most, but why let it linger round and mutate and cause issues. Cut out it's transmission pathways and maybe wipe it out before we get too many strains.
We don't have to vaccinate for smallpox any more.

Smurfy123

So boris has just confirmed that the uk will administer 13.9 million vaccines by the middle of February
With all 4 nations getting exactly the same amount per population that leaves Northern Ireland getting 2.9% of 13.9 million which means by mid February we should have vaccinated 406000
And it has been confirmed that we plan to vaccinate 11000 this week. Why are questions not being asked. 11000
Sweet Christ

Smurfy123

The north going at a snails pace
10000 in a week
The south will over take very soon watch
Expected them to be poor
Local health centres already giving off they haven't heard a thing

God14

Almost 44000 to date have received a vaccine in the North, primarily the pfizer one which isnt easy to distribute
Only 30 gp practices received the Oxford vaccine on Monday, but every GP practice will be distributing it in their communities from next Tuesday. There are 50,000 doses of Oxford vaccine in NI at present and another 160,000 due in less than a fortnight's time. More pfizer product is due also.

I cant see how the south would be able to vaccinate more per capita, and to be honest wouldn't really be interested in the merits of a race between the two. We need herd immunity across the island.

I share your frustration at the pace of these things, Tony Blair actually spoke alot of sense this morning on how the UK must ramp up its efforts.
Once their is enough vaccine available, Im confident they will get it administered

Daily vaccination figures reported will help, what gets measured gets done

Smurfy123

Leo V says the south will vaccinate 395000 doses by the end of February
I will compare north to south on this
The south seem to be going at a snails pace
Watch them get left behind