11. O'Shea
12. Howard
13. Mannion
14. McShane
15. O'Callaghan

No room for Clifford!!
Ulster League Champions 2009

Wildweasel74

Clifford be ahead of COC, Murphy find it tight if he's not at midfield as OBrien or Howard be half forwards

fearsiuil

Quote from: Estimator on September 15, 2019, 12:06:46 AM
Sunday Game Team of the Year.
1. Cluxton
2. Fitzsimmons
3. McNamee
4. O'Sullivan
5. Durcan
6. Boyle
7. McCaffrey
8. Fenton.
9. Moran
10. Murphy
11. O'Shea
12. Howard
13. Mannion
14. McShane
15. O'Callaghan

No room for Clifford!!
Keine Fenton.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 15, 2019, 12:21:45 AM
Clifford be ahead of COC, Murphy find it tight if he's not at midfield as OBrien or Howard be half forwards

Ahead of Mannion who's very talented but frustrating. Him and coc two best in ff line.

No way Clifford not in best 15 of the year.

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

over the years, the all Ireland winners, sometimes very ordinary teams, have dominated the all stars, winning a disproportionate 8 to 10 gongs.
this Dublin team winning a 5th in a row is unique and I think they will deserve at least 8 or 9 of the all stars.

contrasting versus the sunday game pick, I am certain James McCarthy will be chosen instead of Boyle in the backs.

I also fancy, 4 Dubs namely, Con O Call, Paul Mannion, Ciaran Kilkenny and Brian Howard will be selected in the forwards. 

To omit Kilkenny or Mannion after yesterday would be barmy. 
With Sean O Shea certain of another place in the forwards, that will leave the last position between Michael Murphy, McShane and Clifford.

Don't  be surprised if McShane does not make the cut, after all, he was on a team which won no silverware and he also buckled, missing some handy frees when that semi final was in the melting pot.

BennyCake

McShane will get one. Token award for semi finalists. Murphy will get one too.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on September 15, 2019, 09:49:42 AM

Don't  be surprised if McShane does not make the cut, after all, he was on a team which won no silverware and he also buckled, missing some handy frees when that semi final was in the melting pot.
I'll be surprised if he doesn't win one. All Stars are meant to be individual awards and McShane has been one of the top six forwards this year.

He scored 0-7 in the AI semi final which was a more than decent return.

Armagh18

From midfield on
Moran-Fenton
Howard-SOS-CoC
Clifford-McShane-Rock

Angelo

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on September 15, 2019, 09:49:42 AM
over the years, the all Ireland winners, sometimes very ordinary teams, have dominated the all stars, winning a disproportionate 8 to 10 gongs.
this Dublin team winning a 5th in a row is unique and I think they will deserve at least 8 or 9 of the all stars.

contrasting versus the sunday game pick, I am certain James McCarthy will be chosen instead of Boyle in the backs.

I also fancy, 4 Dubs namely, Con O Call, Paul Mannion, Ciaran Kilkenny and Brian Howard will be selected in the forwards. 

To omit Kilkenny or Mannion after yesterday would be barmy. 
With Sean O Shea certain of another place in the forwards, that will leave the last position between Michael Murphy, McShane and Clifford.

McShane is the top scorer in Championship this year and almost a one man band for a team that made the All Ireland semis. McNamee is the only other Tyrone player with a shout of one, I would say that Durcan will get one for Mayo and Murphy should get one for Donegal.

Other than that it will be Dublin and Kerry.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Wildweasel74

Murphy will only get 1 if at midfield, why give him 1 in the forwards when he played about 30mins total up front all year

Angelo

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on September 15, 2019, 02:13:49 PM
Murphy will only get 1 if at midfield, why give him 1 in the forwards when he played about 30mins total up front all year

He played most of his football around the half forward line this year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Armagh18

Has to be Moran and Fenton at midfield not even a contest. Only non finalist in with a shout in the front 6 for me is McShane. Howard, Clifford, O'Shea, Mannion, O'Callaghan and Rock all would be ahead of Murphy for me.

yellowcard

The competition for places in the forward line is much greater than in defence. Two or three forwards will be harshly left out since the calls are so marginal. I could see Murphy getting one at midfield, possibly ousting David Moran in the process although that could be deemed equally harsh on Moran.

McShane is a cert and deservedly so whilst Durcan is a cert, they will be token awards for beaten semi finalists. Boyle and McNamee have outside chances but that says more about the dearth in top quality defenders this season since Boyle spent most of his season sweeping whilst McNamee had more protection than Fort Knox at times. McHugh had one in the bag until he was dominated by Durcan, could he possibly come back into the equation, I'm not sure. Keoghan from Meath would be another with an outside chance but it would be unusual for him to get it given that Meath only had fairly relative success. Cluxton for POTY and Howard/Clifford/Sean O'Shea for YPOTY.

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 15, 2019, 10:31:58 PM
Has to be Moran and Fenton at midfield not even a contest. Only non finalist in with a shout in the front 6 for me is McShane. Howard, Clifford, O'Shea, Mannion, O'Callaghan and Rock all would be ahead of Murphy for me.

Did you watch Murphy at all this year?

Captain Obvious

Going by the Paddy power odds the All Stars will be

Stephen Cluxton
Micheal Fitzsimons Ronan McNamee Tom O'Sullivan
Paddy Durcan  James McCarthy Jack Mccaffrey
Brian Fenton David Moran
Con O'Callaghan Micheal Murphy Brian Howard or Sean O'Shea (both 5/6)
Paul Mannion Cathal McShane David Clifford.

Others that might sneak in for one.  Colm Boyle 13/8,David Byrne 7/2,Stephen O'Brien 5/4,Ciaran Kilkenny 2/1

Con O'Callaghan 4/7 to win footballer of the year. Cluxton is 2nd at 6/4 and Jack McCaffrey at 10/1