Whatever happened to...

Started by BennyCake, April 25, 2015, 05:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Adrian McGuckin had serious back problems, otherwise he would have played senior county level, no sure why cassidy disappeared he was very good

foxcommander

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

blanketattack

Paddy Curran also played an important part in Kerry's u21 All-Ireland winning side in 08, scoring 0-2 in the final.

GalwayBayBoy

muppet

Mayo's minor FF line of 2013 who scored goals for fun!

None of them involved in even this year's U-21.

(I know one lad has had terrible personal tragedies but what about the other two?)

Surely a lad like this should be on a panel somewhere?
MWWSI 2017

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 26, 2015, 02:06:46 AM
Westmeath minor team 95 had some very good players who disappeared, and some of the the Laois minors of the following years never cut it either at senior with a serious crop of players. one Leinster title in that years that followed.

That Westmeath team was a solid team throughout, without any stand-out players. A few were involved with the senior team around 2000 and were panel members in 2004. The Laois minors in 96-98 had a lot more household names.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Jinxy

I remember one lad on that Westmeath minor team, Thomas (Tom) something?
Played in the forwards, serious player.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Tomas Cleary I'd say? He was from the Downs I think?

DennistheMenace

Ronan Clarke, I thought I heard he was making a comeback a few years ago.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 27, 2015, 03:37:05 PM
Tomas Cleary I'd say? He was from the Downs I think?

Right on both counts. He was a big man underage alright but didn't really have the mobility for senior. Made a senior comeback there a couple of years ago but it didn't lead anywhere unfortunately.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

mad tan

Washington managed a Intermediate team in Longford last year.   

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: DennistheMenace on April 27, 2015, 04:25:57 PM
Ronan Clarke, I thought I heard he was making a comeback a few years ago.

Each comeback seems to be undone by yet another potentially career threatening injury. Fair play to the fella though - he seems determined to comeback and I note that he is featuring prominently for Pearse Og in the league recently - probably his best run in quite some number of years.

I've said it before - one of our greatest ever players. He was some loss to Armagh in the period since 2009.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 26, 2015, 01:33:20 PM
Declan McCrossan?
Norf Tyrone would be able to tell you better, but i think he ended up working over in England for a wile anyway.
Played a bit for his club Owen Roes, but hasnt played for them in a while now either.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Rufus T Firefly

Declan McCrossan?

I well remember his performance against us in Clones in 2001 - he was brilliant that day and looked a real star of the future. Did he not essentially lose his place through injury to Philip Jordan?

nrico2006

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on April 28, 2015, 08:16:34 AM
Declan McCrossan?

I well remember his performance against us in Clones in 2001 - he was brilliant that day and looked a real star of the future. Did he not essentially lose his place through injury to Philip Jordan?

The thing with McCrossan was that he very likely could have got back into that team but he left around 2004 apparently due to a combination of reasons (University across the water, building a house, getting married etc).  Just didn't seem to want to/be able to commit again the way he had for the previous number of years with Tyrone at all levels. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'