Businesses the have acted the cnut during the Coronavirus Outbreak

Started by Franko, March 25, 2020, 11:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

They could well be and the chemist won't be cashing in on a pandemic! Jesus wept!

I'll let you know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

They'll probably give it away for free! They're like that lol.

ziggy90

Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Saffrongael

Tescos seem to have upped their prices and ended quite a few of their long running offers
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

They have explained the multi buy thing with their prices which I think is fair enough. Dunno what their prices are like now though as I have been avoiding it.

Sportacus

What are the implications for a furloughed employee and their original employer if they now take up a temporary job in another sector?

Hereiam

vodafone have up'd their call plans by 2.5% from yesterday...only got the email today, the shower of c***ts

The Subbie

grounded

brokencrossbar1

With my job I'm working with businesses every day and guiding them through this. There are very few of them acting the bollix and are just doing their best to keep a roof over their heads and their employees. The reality is that most business just want to keep going and pay their staff what they can. This is the most extraordinary set of circumstances that the world will face in our lifetimes and no one knows how to deal with it, including the world governments.

Placing people on furlough, temporary lay offs, none of these are what businesses want to do but they have no choice.

Lock up and stay safe and hope to f**k we get out the other side as safe as possible and maybe we can look at the world a wee bit different after it all and realise that there's more important things than what we have been striving for to better our lives over the last few decades.

GetOverTheBar

Not local, but hard to believe the cheek of Spurs during this all.

Taylor

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 01, 2020, 09:39:21 AM
Not local, but hard to believe the cheek of Spurs during this all.

Newcastle as well but that isnt hard to believe with Ashley at the helm

illdecide

Guys i'm all for buying local and will support the small corner shops as much as i can but the prices they're charging are unreal. I don't know if these shops have just increased the prices due to the current situation, I know a few of you just indicated Tesco and the like have ended all their deals etc...so what's going on? Are the products genuinely harder and more expensive to get or are the shops putting the arm into us and ripping us off?
I was getting my mums messages the other day and her weekly groceries would come to £60 (just her Sat spend) and the £60 never looked at it this week...WTF. She gave off that the tinfoil she normally buys for £1.49 was now £3, Jasus you'd think i robbed her the way she gave off...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

screenexile

Work in pharma and have just been quoted €5.50 per mask for an FFP2 Mask.

Considering Hickeys pharmacy were getting destroyed a few weeks ago for selling a pack of 50 masks @ €150 you can see how hard it is getting at the minute... yes some people are absolutely acting the **** but suppliers know they're on the pigs back and are sticking their oar in you can be sure Supermarkets are getting squeezed by their suppliers as well when demand is so high!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on April 01, 2020, 11:10:22 AM
Guys i'm all for buying local and will support the small corner shops as much as i can but the prices they're charging are unreal. I don't know if these shops have just increased the prices due to the current situation, I know a few of you just indicated Tesco and the like have ended all their deals etc...so what's going on? Are the products genuinely harder and more expensive to get or are the shops putting the arm into us and ripping us off?
I was getting my mums messages the other day and her weekly groceries would come to £60 (just her Sat spend) and the £60 never looked at it this week...WTF. She gave off that the tinfoil she normally buys for £1.49 was now £3, Jasus you'd think i robbed her the way she gave off...lol

One big shop at Lidil and they are defo not sticking the arm in, shelves are packed and I'm getting the wife's wine there £4.25! Beer cheap enough to, haven't notice huge increase.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea