Rugby - what's the attraction?

Started by BennyCake, October 11, 2012, 12:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 02, 2019, 11:10:43 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 01, 2019, 11:35:17 AM
I'll watch most sports and really want Ireland to do well. I've watched rugby all my life and usually enjoy it. I just find the hype and bandwagon absolutely nauseating. Like we're trying to make this game against Russia into some sort of momentous do or die battle. Connacht whipped these guys 3 weeks ago and Samoa also hammered them in the tournament. Yet we've articles about the roof being closed and the weather conditions.....give me a break. Ireland toured here 2 years ago and we've supposedly the greatest coach ever - surely the team is prepared for the conditions??? Ireland should put 60/70 points on these guys at their ease.

Exactly my thinking on the game. It is the in your face from the media that really gets to me as well. Was I happy Ireland lost to Japan the last day, of course not but it was the least of my sporting 'worries' if you all get me. Also another thing I don't like is whenever Ireland get the ball they mostly run head down into rucks. I dont find that particular skill skilful to be honest.

One of the many things I find so stupid about the game. Like an imbicile constantly walking into the wall when there's a door beside him. And rugby must be the only sport where the aim is to kick the ball out of play. What the f**k like?!