Should Tyrone speak to RTE

Started by CD, August 20, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 20, 2018, 12:26:03 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 12:17:07 PM
I imagine the players don't really feel strongly enough about talking to RTE to go against their manager. I mean, why would anyone be busting their hole to do an interview with RTE?

Especially since there are superior broadcasters out there covering matches anyway.

Don't tell me you mean Sky. They maybe have better co-commentators. That's it.

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on August 20, 2018, 01:22:53 PM
I imagine the players don't really feel strongly enough about talking to RTE to go against their manager. I mean, why would anyone be busting their hole to do an interview with RTE?

Especially since there are superior broadcasters out there covering matches anyway.

I'd rather listen to canavan and mcguinness than brolly and o rourke.

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 20, 2018, 01:26:30 PM
Quote from: Syferus on August 20, 2018, 01:22:53 PM

I'd rather listen to canavan and mcguinness than brolly and o rourke.

Wee Pete is hardly going to be an impartial source of analysis for this match of all matches. O'Rourke is fine and probably the only major pundit to float the real answer to fixing Dublin. RTÉ have had some wonderful guest pundits in Parsons, Meehan and Keegan this summer too. This is Lyster's swansong match also.

markl121

Quote from: Rossfan on August 20, 2018, 01:18:47 PM
How many tickets are each club in the participating Counties  getting?
Gaelic life seemed to suggest that every club member would get a ticket as well as every season ticket holder regardless of attendance.

joemamas

You mean they would not like to be interviewed by Marty.
You know what, I bet you most of them are relieved that they don't have to deal with that shi*e

TheClubman

RTE's coverage of gaelic games in general but particularly gaelic football is atrocious. I don't think these interviews reveal anything relevant. Like - is anyone really looking forward to Jim Gavin's pre match or post match interview? And that's no offence to him. They're pointless.

It's about the game and journalists (if they can be called that) try to make it about them.

GJL

I wonder if Tyrone were to win could Sky be invited into the Banquet to do some sort of program like RTE do?

screenexile

Quote from: Jayop on August 20, 2018, 11:42:33 AM
Rte have for years went out of their way to try to punish Tyrone so I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. If anyone from tyrone wants to appear on there once they're done playing then that's their personal decision.

Yes it was Ryle Nugent's personal obsession to stick it to Tyrone any chance he got!!

What a load of aul shite! Every team has gotten abuse from RTE from Armagh/Cavan/Donegal down to Cork and even the Dubs in their time why do Tyrone think they are so special in this regard.

I've heard the sketch on a few occasions to be honest I'm still not quite sure where the offense is (apart from the fact it was meant to be funny and it was just rambling nonsense)? And it most definitely wasn't Ryle Nugent or the Sports departments fault. The Carthy thing was just ridiculous and Harte's own fault for writing the letter.

Regardless of this there is a new head of programming in there so it just seems strange that someone who preaches the Catholic ethos etc. wouldn't forgive something so minor!

lenny

Quote from: TheClubman on August 20, 2018, 02:37:54 PM
RTE's coverage of gaelic games in general but particularly gaelic football is atrocious. I don't think these interviews reveal anything relevant. Like - is anyone really looking forward to Jim Gavin's pre match or post match interview? And that's no offence to him. They're pointless.

It's about the game and journalists (if they can be called that) try to make it about them.

I see your point, it's not like any other sport has post match interviews or any other tv channel does post match interviews. What kind of lunatic are u?

RedHand88

Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2018, 02:42:03 PM
Rte have for years went out of their way to try to punish Tyrone so I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. If anyone from tyrone wants to appear on there once they're done playing then that's their personal decision.

Yes it was Ryle Nugent's personal obsession to stick it to Tyrone any chance he got!!

What a load of aul shite! Every team has gotten abuse from RTE from Armagh/Cavan/Donegal down to Cork and even the Dubs in their time why do Tyrone think they are so special in this regard.

I've heard the sketch on a few occasions to be honest I'm still not quite sure where the offense is (apart from the fact it was meant to be funny and it was just rambling nonsense)? And it most definitely wasn't Ryle Nugent or the Sports departments fault. The Carthy thing was just ridiculous and Harte's own fault for writing the letter.

Regardless of this there is a new head of programming in there so it just seems strange that someone who preaches the Catholic ethos etc. wouldn't forgive something so minor!

Really??

BennyCake

Quote from: tintin25 on August 20, 2018, 01:00:55 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 20, 2018, 12:58:46 PM
Does anyone care. Mickey's short-lived Irish News column showed he has absolutely nothing of note to say.

That column was shockingly bad

It was just a rant and criticism of anyone daring to speak out about tactics Tyrone used, or dismissing any rule changes that would upset Tyrone's style of play. Brutal stuff.

BennyCake

Quote from: markl121 on August 20, 2018, 01:46:51 PM
Gaelic life seemed to suggest that every club member would get a ticket as well as every season ticket holder regardless of attendance.

Aye right. When has that ever happened in any county?

clarshack

Quote from: markl121 on August 20, 2018, 01:46:51 PM

not all club members in Tyrone got tickets for previous finals so why would it be different now?
in fact i'd have thought there would be even less tickets this time around as there are season ticket holders now to take a share of the overall allocation.
personally i don't think the ticket situation is going to be good...

AZOffaly

BennyCake

Quote from: screenexile on August 20, 2018, 02:42:03 PM

I'd agree. Childish stuff, but offensive?