Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Quote from: The Golden Years on September 18, 2016, 01:48:38 PM
Is it just me or is the standard of refereeing in Tyrone way below standard?  Don't like blaming refeeres when we lose but I thought Sean hurson display yesterday evening was nothing short of shocking. Some of the decision made against us would nearly have you believe that he wanted clonoe to win.

I think that Hurson handled the match ok, but any 50/50 decisions went Clonoe's way to be fair. The sideline ball at the end was given to Carmen 1st but changed to a Clonoe ball after the Rahilly bench piped up and the linesman filled the togs, long ball in which caused the goal!

Inconsistency from one ref to the other. Omagh would have went through 1st day out against Clonoe if it wern't for the whistle happy ref playing for the replay in the last 5mins IMO but that's history.

Clonoe's luck is up - Coalisland / Killyclogher final

Up The Middle

Quote from: CC on September 19, 2016, 11:25:43 AM
Is it just me or is the standard of refereeing in Tyrone way below standard?  Don't like blaming refeeres when we lose but I thought Sean hurson display yesterday evening was nothing short of shocking. Some of the decision made against us would nearly have you believe that he wanted clonoe to win.

I think that Hurson handled the match ok, but any 50/50 decisions went Clonoe's way to be fair. The sideline ball at the end was given to Carmen 1st but changed to a Clonoe ball after the Rahilly bench piped up and the linesman filled the togs, long ball in which caused the goal!

Inconsistency from one ref to the other. Omagh would have went through 1st day out against Clonoe if it wern't for the whistle happy ref playing for the replay in the last 5mins IMO but that's history.

If you watch the team talk video highlights it clearly shows its a Clonoe line ball. Don't know what the linesman was doing in the first instance.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

CC

Quote from: Up The Middle on September 19, 2016, 12:04:41 PM
Quote from: CC on September 19, 2016, 11:25:43 AM

If you watch the team talk video highlights it clearly shows its a Clonoe line ball. Don't know what the linesman was doing in the first instance.

Just watched it - 100% Clonoe ball from video.

Onthe40

defo wouldnt rule Clonoe out..unfortunately for the fianna they have played noone yet and that came back to haunt them last year in the semi final...Rahillys definetely arent the team of a few yrs ago but they will 100% believe they will beat the fianna and with the way their stealing games, one would almost think their name is on it...
Dromore - KC just too hard to call...despite being touted as the 2 strong favorites all year, both had poor spells in their games in pomeroy when the opposition dominated...has proved to be a tight game in recent years..could take a 2nd bite..

CC

Quote from: Onthe40 on September 19, 2016, 12:59:54 PM
defo wouldnt rule Clonoe out..unfortunately for the fianna they have played noone yet and that came back to haunt them last year in the semi final...Rahillys definetely arent the team of a few yrs ago but they will 100% believe they will beat the fianna and with the way their stealing games, one would almost think their name is on it...
Dromore - KC just too hard to call...despite being touted as the 2 strong favorites all year, both had poor spells in their games in pomeroy when the opposition dominated...has proved to be a tight game in recent years..could take a 2nd bite..

No team can be ruled out at this stage but the fact that fianna "havent played anyone" should surely play into their hands coming in the fresher of the 2 you would expect. Clonoe have fought hard and scraped through arguably under par which sets it up for a thriller if they are firing on all cylinders but the fianna wont hit kickouts up the middle to mcclure all day like carmen did and will have plenty to match mcnulty.

sure to be 2 crackers!

Club boi

Dromore walked past Strabane and weren't fully tested against Ardboe. Just doing enough to get by in 3rd gear. Is it true Eoin Mc Cusker got his Red Card overturned?? After he near decapited the Ardboe player. If so how???

Killyclogher have yet to play for anymore than 30 minutes. Poor 1st half against EC, great 2nd half. Unbelievable 1st half against Trillick, very poor 2nd half. If they can play for a full game they should beat Dromore, who's temperament will be in question once again

Coalisland haven't played much but their desire to push on and not except just a win against Kildress was admirable. Their movement, versatility and set up, along with a willingness to go for Goals is the main reason I believe they won't be far away

Clonoe were extremely lucky in the 2 games v Omagh and Beat an average Carrickmore team. 3 Hard Championship games in 3 weeks might have taken the legs from them. They haven't played well and if they click they could cause Coalisland some bother but after their no show against their rivals last year, I think it'll be the same outcome

Killyclogher/Coalisland final for me with Coalisland shading it

WBF

I really enjoy this shit about an average Carrickmore team, Where do you rank omagh then? Considering we beat omagh in the league this year and got beat by Clonoe essentially in the exact same way?

EastTyrone

Quote from: EastTyrone on September 16, 2016, 10:35:20 AM
Quote from: WT4E on September 16, 2016, 10:11:20 AM
Quote from: Helpline on September 16, 2016, 09:59:28 AM
Protections lads:
I think the break will help Carmen and Clonoe had two tough games; Draw

Coalisland too strong for Kildress; contest over early and foot of the peddle; Coalisland by 8-10 points

Great to hear an opinion on this game thought Carmne the only team playing this weekend!  ;D

I heard the island are super confident and why wouldn't they be top vs bottom. Heard that in training they are preparing/hoping for The rahillys in the semis. All the blues need to worry about is whether they get their premiership accumulators up and sure they can check them during the second half!

You must have a great source. Laughable!

Where is WT4E?
He was correct about Fianna vs Rahillys though. Looking forward to an interesting game. Only wish it was the final!!

WT4E

Quote from: EastTyrone on September 19, 2016, 03:28:58 PM
Protections lads:

Coalisland too strong for Kildress; contest over early and foot of the peddle; Coalisland by 8-10 points

Great to hear an opinion on this game thought Carmne the only team playing this weekend!  ;D

I heard the island are super confident and why wouldn't they be top vs bottom. Heard that in training they are preparing/hoping for The rahillys in the semis. All the blues need to worry about is whether they get their premiership accumulators up and sure they can check them during the second half!

Where is WT4E?
He was correct about Fianna vs Rahillys though. Looking forward to an interesting game. Only wish it was the final!!

I'm here - I have been just reading the last couple of days as I've been too embarrassed to post.  :(
Dark day for the club – don't think I ever truly believed we would beat Coalisland but the manner of the defeat was hard to take – looked like the lads threw in the towel after 5 mins. As said before we are definitely not capable of Div 1 at the minute and the quicker we get last two games played the better.
Don't want to be too sore on the players or management after a thumping. They put in a great string performances at the end of last year to get promoted but we are long way off top 8 Div 1 standard.
As for Coalisland I was very impressed with them – I think they will take Clonoe but might fall short in the final. Hard not to play well for Coalisland in the circumstances but East Tyrone I thought you had a very good game.  ;)
PS did any of the coalisland lads get their bets up on Saturday?

leenie

How the f::ck has edendork landed another game .. Clonoe and coalisland on Sunday .. You'd think there was no other grounds available in the county
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

EastTyrone

Quote from: WT4E on September 19, 2016, 04:02:26 PM
Quote from: EastTyrone on September 19, 2016, 03:28:58 PM
Protections lads:

Where is WT4E?

I'm here - I have been just reading the last couple of days as I've been too embarrassed to post.  :(
Dark day for the club – don't think I ever truly believed we would beat Coalisland but the manner of the defeat was hard to take – looked like the lads threw in the towel after 5 mins. As said before we are definitely not capable of Div 1 at the minute and the quicker we get last two games played the better.
Don't want to be too sore on the players or management after a thumping. They put in a great string performances at the end of last year to get promoted but we are long way off top 8 Div 1 standard.
As for Coalisland I was very impressed with them – I think they will take Clonoe but might fall short in the final. Hard not to play well for Coalisland in the circumstances but East Tyrone I thought you had a very good game.  ;)
PS did any of the coalisland lads get their bets up on Saturday?

I thought I had a cracker of a game also. Pity it was from the stands.
In regards to my bets, United let me down.
Would have been nice to see the semi in Dungannon also. Better venue.

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: WBF on September 19, 2016, 03:19:53 PM
I really enjoy this shit about an average Carrickmore team, Where do you rank omagh then? Considering we beat omagh in the league this year and got beat by Clonoe essentially in the exact same way?

Why bite WBF?  All he is looking is a reaction.  In fairness to Clonoe they are the team i would now like to see win the championship but  i feel they are a few players short.  There number 10 is a very average player and their defence is poor when you run at them.  Coalisland running game could have a devastating effect.

Jeremiah O

My Rahilly friends tell me that Shane Meehan's the man in the middle for Sunday's big game.
Unconquered and unconquerable

In hiding

Quote from: Jeremiah O on September 20, 2016, 07:56:42 AM
My Rahilly friends tell me that Shane Meehan's the man in the middle for Sunday's big game.
This is definitely clonoes year, shane won't let cassidy down

Helpline

Whoever wins the battle of the 'west' will win the final, the 'east' not quite as strong.
I fancy Dromore to shade it.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse