snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: statto on January 17, 2024, 11:58:16 AMRonnie while being the GOAT is an arrogant so and so, who I could never warm too.  The class of 92  Higgins and Williams always come across as decent lads.  Carter has went through a tough time with cancer previously, but always thought he was a dose as well both from the same area as well.  Was hoping Allen would win Saturday night as Sundays final was a case of wanting both to lose!

Did Carter accuse Ronnie of snotting on the carpet during the game or something like that?

Now, not nice in fairness, but to bring it up after getting beat comes across as sour grapes and Ronnie really shouldn't be delving into someones mental health considering his own tribulations in that regard.

trailer

Come across as two wankers. How do you fall out playing snooker? Guys are inventing a row to try and make it relevant.

Hound

If ever anyone had a right to be arrogant it's Ronnie. The best ever.

There's actually very few sportsmen who say exactly what they want, what they feel, whenever they want. You don't have to agree with him, but he's always a breath of fresh air. No BS, he says it how he feels it, doesn't matter whether he's right or wrong, the viewer/reader is free to take it or leave it.

ONeill

Watching the documentary on him now. He's full of contradictions, but seriously talented at this sport.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

statto

Quote from: ONeill on January 19, 2024, 09:10:25 PMWatching the documentary on him now. He's full of contradictions, but seriously talented at this sport.
Yeah one day he will say he's happy to be competing then the next day he will say all the young players are shite and can't beat him.

ONeill

Trump 4-0 up on Ronnie in Grand Prix final

square_ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 21, 2024, 02:07:52 PMTrump 4-0 up on Ronnie in Grand Prix final

And Ronnie wins 10-7

Probably say how shit he played and wants to retire again.

ONeill

Serious errors from both all day.

armaghniac

At least one Ron can beat Trump.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B