Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Snapchap on November 28, 2017, 11:16:12 PM
Quote from: longballin on November 28, 2017, 09:52:06 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on November 28, 2017, 05:37:07 PM
Why should the Clubs have to pay for Garvaghy?

they dont have to... they can refuse.

No they can't.

Well...they can...but they will be hit with a fine. All clubs from here on are to be allocated draw tickets to sell for the garvaghey fundeach year. Any clubs that don't sell their tickets are to be hit with a substantial fine. It is absolute bullshit.

Club boi

Quote from: Snapchap on November 28, 2017, 11:16:47 PM

No they can't.

Well...they can...but they will be hit with a fine. All clubs from here on are to be allocated draw tickets to sell for the garvaghey fundeach year. Any clubs that don't sell their tickets are to be hit with a substantial fine. It is absolute bullshit.

Heard the Rock v Derrytresk playoff game, (recently played in Ardboe) who played numerous times in Coalisland over the last few years, but it wasnt considered because they didnt send money to Garvaghy

Punished

longballin

Quote from: Snapchap on November 28, 2017, 11:16:47 PM

No they can't.

Can't see how they can fine them... that's crazy although seems they snubbed Coalisland for getting championship games when they didn't sign up to their levies.

redhandefender

this really is the tin hat brigade lol, this should for a good laugh!

longballin

Quote from: Snapchap on November 29, 2017, 10:41:33 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on November 29, 2017, 10:00:47 AM

Nothing to do with tin hats as far as the ticket selling scheme goes. Club delegates were informed of it at the October county board meeting. At the start of the year, all clubs will be getting tickets to sell and the money to be handed to Garvaghey. Clubs that don't sell any/enough are to be hit with a substantial levy. Again, it is a joke, but it is happening. Expect a fall out over it at the county convention.

Clubs need to say 'No' - simple. Man up ffs!

The Trap

Well snapchat that is what I was trying to say when I said at the beginning that Garvaghy and the Academies were struggling for funding...........

redhandefender

Nothing to do with tin hats as far as the ticket selling scheme goes. Club delegates were informed of it at the October county board meeting. At the start of the year, all clubs will be getting tickets to sell and the money to be handed to Garvaghey. Clubs that don't sell any/enough are to be hit with a substantial levy. Again, it is a joke, but it is happening. Expect a fall out over it at the county convention.

When you say Garvaghey are you referring to the committees that sit there or the physical running of the place?

they aren't going to fine a club, on what basis would that stand up? In reality most clubs are happy enough to pay what ever fees are set eventually, they don't send a debt collector round. Will see what happens with the tickets but it seems to work well in down

Snapchap

Quote from: The Trap on November 29, 2017, 11:12:05 AM
Well snapchat that is what I was trying to say when I said at the beginning that Garvaghy and the Academies were struggling for funding...........

I;ve no idea about Academy funding, but I know Croke Park is still owed a serious amount for the building of Garvaghey. Between that, and the proposed work to extend the buildings facilities, that is the reasons being given for this new ticket selling farce.

Snapchap

Quote from: redhandefender on November 29, 2017, 11:20:26 AM

When you say Garvaghey are you referring to the committees that sit there or the physical running of the place?

they aren't going to fine a club, on what basis would that stand up? In reality most clubs are happy enough to pay what ever fees are set eventually, they don't send a debt collector round. Will see what happens with the tickets but it seems to work well in down

As far as I'm aware, the money is for helping pay the existing debt to Croke Park for the building of the place, and for helping pay for new facilities being added to the building (kitchen etc).

As for your suggestion that "they aren't going to fine a club"...well I'm not sure what part of this is so hard to understand here lads, but I didn't post this as some sort of rumour. This is what has already been relayed directly to the club delegates at the October county board meeting. Clubs were not asked their views on this, or whether they agreed to this. It was dictated to them as what is going to happen: sell your tickets or be hit with a levy. It's one thing asking clubs to pay a few hundred once a year for the place, but it's a different proposition asking club volunteers to go out selling tickets for a facility that most of them will rarely ever set foot in, and on the rare occasion their club needs to use it, either gets told it's unavailable, or pays through the nose for the hire of it. Again, I expect they will face some sort of backlash from clubs at the convention.

southtyronegael

Snapchat , did u open this thread for me and bigdog or for yourself? Lol. Actually a good idea though.

chieftain

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 29, 2017, 11:43:30 AM
Snapchat , did u open this thread for me and bigdog or for yourself? Lol. Actually a good idea though.

You and the bigdog are the same person sure.

tothetop03

I am led to believe the way it works is your will be charged a levy in your affiliation fees 50% which you can recoup if you go out and sell tickets if you dont its your loss as you have been charged for it......... also are you all aware clubs do not get one penny from gate money ,for the Tyrone club championship.....

tothetop03

Quote from: Snapchap on November 29, 2017, 12:23:36 PM
Quote from: tothetop03 on November 29, 2017, 11:54:21 AM
I am led to believe the way it works is your will be charged a levy in your affiliation fees 50% which you can recoup if you go out and sell tickets if you dont its your loss as you have been charged for it.........
Ah right. I didn't know how they were organising it.

also are you all aware clubs do not get one penny from gate money ,for the Tyrone club championship.....
That's definitely not true. They get 10% of the gate, but for a large crowd, the club's slice is capped at £700/£750

i was told last night for 5 senior championship games last year we never got one penny....i will make it my business to check that out later........

redhandefender

Well that's not fining a club, that's incentivising something, completely different.

Snapchap

Quote from: tothetop03 on November 29, 2017, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 29, 2017, 12:23:36 PM
I am led to believe the way it works is your will be charged a levy in your affiliation fees 50% which you can recoup if you go out and sell tickets if you dont its your loss as you have been charged for it.........
Ah right. I didn't know how they were organising it.

also are you all aware clubs do not get one penny from gate money ,for the Tyrone club championship.....
That's definitely not true. They get 10% of the gate, but for a large crowd, the club's slice is capped at £700/£750

i was told last night for 5 senior championship games last year we never got one penny....i will make it my business to check that out later........
Yip you probably should!