Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HealyHellRaiser

Lads what happened in the Ardboe and Greencastle game? I hear it was a killing match at the end?

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 15, 2017, 04:14:28 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 15, 2017, 01:38:00 PM
Carrickmore wouldn't be considered to be one of the top sides in Tyrone. They are a mid table club at present and this past few seasons confirm that. Transition my hole.

I would say its a transition period as they say farewell to some of the older generation that are hanging on. While I agree they are not the force they previously had been, mid table isn't where Carrickmore will stay.  They are a club with the support, finance and infrastructure all in place to create success.  They have youth teams coming through that compete in Division 1.  Some contributors had them as relegation material this season and I got slated for ranking them the 8th best in the county and now they find themselves 9th.  But this isn't a long term position for Carrickmore they will be competing for honours for years to come.

I would definitely say carrickmore are in transition with a lot of young lads coming up through the ranks.  We have been one of the most successful underage clubs of recent times within tyrone with last years minors winning the league and championship.  Personally i think more of them should be getting game time at senior level but thats Seamus's call.  Tiarnan Murray has been a revelation to date and is sure to be constant name on the team sheet for the next 15 years barring injury.   I am very optimistic for the future.

Carmen Stateside

Good to see the mid table club give Dromore minors a good beating tonight

Club boi

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 16, 2017, 08:54:41 PM

What's your point?? Your seniors CURRENTLY ARE A MID TABLE TEAM. That has zero reflection on your Minors performance

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 15, 2017, 01:38:00 PM
Carrickmore wouldn't be considered to be one of the top sides in Tyrone. They are a mid table club at present and this past few seasons confirm that. Transition my hole.

skeog

Good to see that Killyclogher have sorted the item which has been the source of gossip mongers for several months no wrongdoing at all.

tothetop03

Quote from: skeog on May 16, 2017, 10:06:02 PM
Good to see that Killyclogher have sorted the item which has been the source of gossip mongers for several months no wrongdoing at all.

Good....

LeoMc

Quote from: skeog on May 16, 2017, 10:06:02 PM
Says the man running a long line trying to get some chat going on whatever!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on May 16, 2017, 08:54:41 PM

I hear Dromore where very bad losers last night.  Players who were injured running on the field near the end starting fights.  Suppose what do you expect from a donkey only a kick.

HealyHellRaiser

I went up to the Carrickmore and Dromore game last night with our minor game was called off. Dromore started better and if they had taken their 2 goal chances it may have changed the complexion of the game. Carrickmore were the more dominant team from there on and looked very assured in their win.

Regards the fighting. I was at the toilets side of the pitch and I will be very honest here, the Carrickmore club should be ashamed of themselves, 1 supporter jumped the fence to nail a county minor doing the line for Dromore. what followed was a melee. I would like to think the ref doesn't cow out and not have this in his report. Disgraceful from the Carrickmore supporter!!!

Jeremiah O

Big comeback from Ardboe minors in Moortown last night.12 points behind at half time and came back to win by 3.
Unconquered and unconquerable

The Golden Years

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on May 17, 2017, 10:44:14 AM
I went up to the Carrickmore and Dromore game last night with our minor game was called off. Dromore started better and if they had taken their 2 goal chances it may have changed the complexion of the game. Carrickmore were the more dominant team from there on and looked very assured in their win.

Regards the fighting. I was at the toilets side of the pitch and I will be very honest here, the Carrickmore club should be ashamed of themselves, 1 supporter jumped the fence to nail a county minor doing the line for Dromore. what followed was a melee. I would like to think the ref doesn't cow out and not have this in his report. Disgraceful from the Carrickmore supporter!!!

Sure dont let the facts get in the way of a good story. I think you will find that the county minor in question wasnt doing the line.  He was walking up and down the pitch the whole game thinking he was giving instruction to his players but all he was doing shouting abuse at his own players and the carrickmore players. His antics throughout the game were nothing than disgraceful but then you expect the verbal stuff from someone who has been trained by Ricey.  The referee should have dealt with at the beginning of the match and sent him to the dugout.  He shouldnt have been where he should have.  He wouldnt leave the field numerous times when he was told by the carrickmore linesman.  It was this same county minor that ran on the field near then end of the game to hit a carrickmore player from behind.  This is what started the handbags out on the field.  The person who jumped the fence was a  carrickmore official who was separating the scuffle and ended out getting hit by a Dromore player also. 

Wee Roddy

Good man Healy Hellraiser. Omagh are one to talk about a club being ashamed of themselves after the way your club handled an U14 fixture a month or so ago
The fact are these
Donal McCrossan the referee is an absolute disgrace. He frustrated both sets of players and supporters all night.
Secondly, a Dromore lad carrying a water bottle, who wasnt the lineman, and turns out was an injured player, struck a Carrickmore player on the field of play two yards from the sideline and a melee started . A prominent member of our club who was leaning against the fence, along with a few other officials inside the field, all wearing black club bodywarmers, intervened with Dromore officials to separate the melee.
I have heard various stories this morning all of which are untrue, ranging from there was a mass brawl, which there wasnt, to the referee was hit, which he wasnt, to Dromore wanted the game abandoned, which they didn't as there was only 2 scores in it with 5 minute left.
There are to many people not playing on the field of play at the minute, including linesmen who stand 5 yards inside the line. Get everyone out apart from the players and managers. If a club wants to provide waterboys make sure they are u14s who will not try and influence the officials or worse again the opposing players. Every club is responsible for this, and injured players should be outside the wire. Last year we tried to implement it in our own club but managers want to keep them involved in some way.

The Trap

Seems to be a lot of fighting going on..........in Ardboe and Carrickmore........good job it wasn't at a small club or their field would be closed!

Hotrocks

If that bad mannered brat along the line for Dromore last night was a son of mine he would have got a warm ear when he got home.