Cryptocurrency

Started by gallsman, September 01, 2017, 02:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Which is better for the casual investor? Coinbase or Binance?

samuel maguire

Hi Lads

Sorry if i come across as a complete idiot but i need some advice if possible. Im a young lads with around 3/4k saved in the bank. I am hearing and reading rave reviews about investing in cryptocurrency(mainly bitcoin). Would this be a good investment to make? Can i take my money out anytime i want? My money is taking no hurt sitting in my credit union, but it would be nice to make my money work for me and maybe make a few quid. All advice is greatly appreciated 😊

gallsman

Don't come to a web 2.0 gaa discussion board looking for investment would be the first thing to say.

I think you'd get a decent return on bitcoin if you leave it for 5 years, possibly even 10x. Don't invest anything you're not prepared to lose. Crypto is highly, highly volatile.

gallsman

Quote from: trailer on February 24, 2021, 12:28:51 PM

Depends on how you define casual investor. Coinbase's fees are sickening and easily avoided using better, cheaper exchanges that have more coin options, but the interface is far more complex and harder to navigate.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: samuel maguire on February 24, 2021, 01:23:24 PM
Hi Lads

Sorry if i come across as a complete idiot but i need some advice if possible. Im a young lads with around 3/4k saved in the bank. I am hearing and reading rave reviews about investing in cryptocurrency(mainly bitcoin). Would this be a good investment to make? Can i take my money out anytime i want? My money is taking no hurt sitting in my credit union, but it would be nice to make my money work for me and maybe make a few quid. All advice is greatly appreciated 😊

As someone pointed out if you're investing in Crypto you probably need to be prepared that you may end up losing your investment.
Alternatively you could create an account with Degiro or another online broker and use your cash to buy more established, less volatile equities.
In both scenarios you would be liable for CGT (33% in ROI) on any gains. There's an exemption up to about 1300 euro.

Another option is to invest in an Investment Trust such as Scottish Mortgage. It's a managed fund so there there will be management fees but they've been
around for years and their results for last year were excellent. Again you'd be liable for tax on any realised gains or dividends.

Seamus

Personally I would not touch Coinbase with a ten foot pole, I have my reasons but others may be OK with them. Occasionally I use Binance. I use Caleb & Brown, by far and away the best, you can talk to your own broker. Their customer service is fantastic. Their minimum is $2,000. For the regular client purchasing small amounts the fee is 3%. For bigger investors it's way less. Brilliant for purchasing altcoins, any amount. Peace of mind incomparable.

Crypto mass adoption not until 2025, so these are still early days. I'm involved since 2010. There are better coins to purchase than Bitcoin even though by '27 it will hit 1MM.  I'm heavily invested in the top altcoins.

All cryptos say they are decentralized but very few are, For instance BTC is not, neither are ETH, BCH and LTC,  the top coins. Digital Currency is part of The Great Reset if/when that comes around which now looks a certainty so everybody will be involved, no choice.
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

LeoMc

Quote from: Seamus on February 24, 2021, 02:54:26 PM

Personally I would not touch Coinbase with a ten foot pole, I have my reasons but others may be OK with them. Occasionally I use Binance. I use Caleb & Brown, by far and away the best, you can talk to your own broker. Their customer service is fantastic. Their minimum is $2,000. For the regular client purchasing small amounts the fee is 3%. For bigger investors it's way less. Brilliant for purchasing altcoins, any amount. Peace of mind incomparable.

Crypto mass adoption not until 2025, so these are still early days. I'm involved since 2010. There are better coins to purchase than Bitcoin even though by '27 it will hit 1MM.  I'm heavily invested in the top altcoins.

All cryptos say they are decentralized but very few are, For instance BTC is not, neither are ETH, BCH and LTC,  the top coins. Digital Currency is part of The Great Reset if/when that comes around which now looks a certainty so everybody will be involved, no choice.

Well that's me convinced.

Seamus

Quote from: LeoMc on February 24, 2021, 05:26:02 PM

Good man, let everyone else know why you are so convinced. Sure we're all here to help
"I wish I could inspire the same confidence in the truth which is so readily accorded to lies".

screenexile

I'm a bit sceptical about Crypto too if I'm honest... a few people I follow on Twitter have turned full Crypto and keep talking it up linking to massively favourable articles etc.

It has the air of the emperors new clothes people are that desperate to talk it up are they just doing this to inflate the price higher so they profit? Is it a real thing or is the value just made up like the football index or some of these random investments?

At the same time I'd hate to miss out but I'm definitely not convinced... "The Great Reset" sounds like an offshoot of Qanon!

seafoid

Crypto is a bubble, same as everything else in the investmentworld. It is impossible to know when prices will fall..
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: LeoMc on February 24, 2021, 05:26:02 PM

Read that and then instantly disregarded everything else he said.

thejuice

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rAiTDQ-NVY

The Great Reset is real in the sense that the World Economic Forum used it as a tag line for their event in 2020, but apart from a bit of sloganeering I don't think there's any real plan being cooked up in some dark room to change the world. Just a load of hot air, inflated visions and elitist backslapping.

That doesn't stop people's imaginations running wild while they are locked in their homes for a year.

There was one already extremely wealthy individual with a YouTube channel going full on tinfoil hat about how Donald Trump was orchestrating the Great Reset using XRP that would be gifted to everyone on the planet and make us all millionaires overnight or something like that. Unfortunately the crypto space isn't immune to this modern form of quackery.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Seamus

Quote from: screenexile on February 24, 2021, 07:26:31 PM
I'm a bit sceptical about Crypto too if I'm honest... a few people I follow on Twitter have turned full Crypto and keep talking it up linking to massively favourable articles etc.

It has the air of the emperors new clothes people are that desperate to talk it up are they just doing this to inflate the price higher so they profit? Is it a real thing or is the value just made up like the football index or some of these random investments?

At the same time I'd hate to miss out but I'm definitely not convinced... "The Great Reset" sounds like an offshoot of Qanon!

The lack of knowledge on this forum never seems to amaze me. The Great Reset is very real, part of Agenda 2030. Their slogan was "Own Nothing And Be Happy". It was taken down when the sugar coating was dismantled and seen for what it really is, total enslavement and total lack of privacy. Unfortunately the dumbed down will be crying out for it. A lazy Google search of The Great Reset will bring up Wikipedia, the sugar coated version with a Qanon twist. Qanon is a PHY OPP, some truths and plenty of lies.

I tried to help the crypto newbies on here, all I received in return was an uneducated sarcastic remark coupled with a few juvenile posts. Just shows who I'm dealing with when The Great Reset is Googled instead of Caleb and Brown. My intentions were to explain the Blockchain in an easy to understand way, advice on wallets, staking, forks (how not to make costly mistakes), security and a lot lot more. This has come to an abrupt end. There are people here wasting a few hours every day on this forum patting each other on the backs and ridiculing those with a different opinion. Those people do not deserve any help.

Jamie Dimon and Warren Buffet were putting down BTC for years while buying it hand over fist. All the major banks are doing likewise. Large companies are adding it to their pension funds. We were told Elon Musk just purchased 1.5B BTC a few weeks ago when he has being buying it for years while promoting a worthless Dogecoin as a deception. So carry on reading your fake news.

clarshack

Quote from: Seamus on February 25, 2021, 04:47:17 AM

The lack of knowledge on this forum never seems to amaze me. The Great Reset is very real, part of Agenda 2030. Their slogan was "Own Nothing And Be Happy". It was taken down when the sugar coating was dismantled and seen for what it really is, total enslavement and total lack of privacy. Unfortunately the dumbed down will be crying out for it. A lazy Google search of The Great Reset will bring up Wikipedia, the sugar coated version with a Qanon twist. Qanon is a PHY OPP, some truths and plenty of lies.

I tried to help the crypto newbies on here, all I received in return was an uneducated sarcastic remark coupled with a few juvenile posts. Just shows who I'm dealing with when The Great Reset is Googled instead of Caleb and Brown. My intentions were to explain the Blockchain in an easy to understand way, advice on wallets, staking, forks (how not to make costly mistakes), security and a lot lot more. This has come to an abrupt end. There are people here wasting a few hours every day on this forum patting each other on the backs and ridiculing those with a different opinion. Those people do not deserve any help.

Jamie Dimon and Warren Buffet were putting down BTC for years while buying it hand over fist. All the major banks are doing likewise. Large companies are adding it to their pension funds. We were told Elon Musk just purchased 1.5B BTC a few weeks ago when he has being buying it for years while promoting a worthless Dogecoin as a deception. So carry on reading your fake news.

Excellent post.

Itchy

Quote from: Seamus on February 25, 2021, 04:47:17 AM

I am interested in what you have to say Seamus. I dont know a lot about this but it is fascinating.