All Ireland Quarter Final;Roscommon v Mayo Sunday July 30th

Started by maigheo, July 23, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 08:36:03 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on July 24, 2017, 08:34:28 PM
All this needs is one controversial decision from the ref and we're looking at a 100 pager here

Given it's Joe Mac in charge it's unlikely to be O'Shea diving and conning him out of a penalty, anyways.

Carlsberg don't do refereeing performances but if they did........

RedHand88

I never knew of this whole Ballaghaderreen situation until this evening and it has blown my mind. And I thought ballinderry was a bad case. At least the most of it is in Derry! What's the breakdown of rossies/mayo in the town?

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2017, 09:12:09 PM
I never knew of this whole Ballaghaderreen situation until this evening and it has blown my mind. And I thought ballinderry was a bad case. At least the most of it is in Derry! What's the breakdown of rossies/mayo in the town?

100% Roscommon.

Depends on who you ask and who is winning at the time. Most pubs and businesses have to fly both flags.

Crete Boom

The Rossies are set up perfect to stretch the game and run the legs off our lads in the middle third with Smith, O'Rourke Devaney & Stack and then you have the Murtaghs & Connolly inside to take the direct route to goal against our shaky fullback line.
Andy and Cillian can do damage to the Rossies fullback line and our best chance is to try an drag these marauding young Rossies into a physical battle plus our experience in Croker should count for something on the day!!
I dunno it is 50/ 50 for me and I just think the legs will be heavy and the Rossies have the talent to push this advantage but how much is the question?
Where are the legs at after last Sat and how will the bench go will be critical for Mayo and can the forwards remain as efficient the next day!!
Interesting game ahead on Sunday and I don't think the bookies odds reflect how close these teams actually are in reality!!!

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 24, 2017, 09:49:03 PM
The Rossies are set up perfect to stretch the game and run the legs off our lads in the middle third with Smith, O'Rourke Devaney & Stack and then you have the Murtaghs & Connolly inside to take the direct route to goal against our shaky fullback line.
Andy and Cillian can do damage to the Rossies fullback line and our best chance is to try an drag these marauding young Rossies into a physical battle plus our experience in Croker should count for something on the day!!
I dunno it is 50/ 50 for me and I just think the legs will be heavy and the Rossies have the talent to push this advantage but how much is the question?
Where are the legs at after last Sat and how will the bench go will be critical for Mayo and can the forwards remain as efficient the next day!!
Interesting game ahead on Sunday and I don't think the bookies odds reflect how close these teams actually are in reality!!!

No BS, I really think this could be an absolutely fascinating match. There's so many different little battles and matchups that could decide it, on the field and off it.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 09:53:20 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on July 24, 2017, 09:49:03 PM

No BS, I really think this could be an absolutely fascinating match. There's so many different little battles and matchups that could decide it, on the field and off it.
Snap thinking exactly the same thing , I'll say it again I'm not sure the bookies and neutrals realise how close the teams are because of the differing strengths and styles. It is going to be a right battle to the end!!

manfromdelmonte

Joe 'soft free' McQuillan?

This should be interesting

Ballaghman

Quote from: Syferus on July 24, 2017, 09:33:10 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 24, 2017, 09:12:09 PM

100% Roscommon.

Depends on who you ask and who is winning at the time. Most pubs and businesses have to fly both flags.
Hahahaha...haha...ha.
Back in the real world........the breakdown of Ballaghs, not including frenchparks, tobohines, lisacul, loughlynn blow-ins etc, its about 65/70 Mayo vs 35/30 Israelis/rossies. The GAA club is even more pronounced in favour of Mayo but that's understandable.

Ballaghman

Quote from: weareros on July 24, 2017, 06:07:03 PM
Quote from: mayo.mick on July 24, 2017, 05:54:28 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 24, 2017, 05:12:13 PM
Mayo will not bring 20 k to a qf, nearer 13-15k.

There'll be 40K Rossies to see their hero  ;D

Two lads in that picture from Ballagh families. One is able to represent native county due to living in next parish.
i.e. he's not Ballagh, the clue is in the different parish bit.....that you just said

Ballaghman

To be fair the whole Ballagh thing is a snooze fest at this stage especially from those outside the area. We ain't gonna agree on it anytime soon so may as well comment on the football and support our respective counties.
I personally think if we play anything close to how we can and the lads don't take their eye off the ball like last Saturday then we'll win and possibly win quite comfortably. Like some have already mentioned I'd genuinely be concerned by the effects of two extra time games in 4 weeks. I don't think it will be enough for us to lose but some S&C experts on here may have a better view of what they think it could have taken out of the Mayo lads.
Key players have hit form again and Rochford won't casually call players ashore on Sunday to rest them. Sorting out FB is the biggest issue but I still think Caff will start.
Assuming they'll rest and recover well, I see us winning, not sure by how much since we are so unpredictable but scraping through again would do just fine.

Rossfan

"We" "us"
RN cars, Roscommon Library, RCoCo streets, footpaths, sewers etc etc

Ah well.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Esmarelda

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2017, 07:56:54 AM
"We" "us"
RN cars, Roscommon Library, RCoCo streets, footpaths, sewers etc etc

Ah well.....

What colours will it be in this weekend? Rhubarb? Rossie? Or both?

omagh_gael

Saw this on Twitter earlier:

Mayo bidding for 7th successive All-Ireland semi. 11 players that played in first one in 2011 could feature v Ros. Leaned heavily on them.

That's a stat that really sums up the miles on the Mayo clock. The Rossie ladeens to run the legs of the aul lads to set up a semi with Kerry. Persimmon by 3 for me.

rosnarun

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 25, 2017, 09:56:03 AM
Saw this on Twitter earlier:

Mayo bidding for 7th successive All-Ireland semi. 11 players that played in first one in 2011 could feature v Ros. Leaned heavily on them.

That's a stat that really sums up the miles on the Mayo clock. The Rossie ladeens to run the legs of the aul lads to set up a semi with Kerry. Persimmon by 3 for me.
why is it seen as a liability that mayo have truly class players who have stood the test of time.
i remember a time when Tyrone has to substitute canavan in and out cause they had no one worthwhile on the bench .
that worked out ok for them
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere