AIQF 2017 Tír Eoghain vs Ard Macha, Sat. August 5th @4pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 17, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

Quote from: seafoid on July 22, 2017, 11:53:01 PM
The whole country bar maybe  Derry will be cheering for Tyrone if they play the Dubs

A lot of Armagh ones would be supporting the Dubs too I reckon.... Stew being one of them... He detests Tyrone. 😹😹😹
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

armaghniac

Quote from: Gaffer on July 22, 2017, 11:55:47 PM
The whole country bar maybe  Derry will be cheering for Tyrone if they play the Dubs

A lot of Armagh ones would be supporting the Dubs too I reckon.... Stew being one of them... He detests Tyrone. 😹😹😹

It would be a bit of a choice between the DUP and the TUV.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

RedHand88

Redhand Santa

Quote from: illdecide on July 22, 2017, 11:41:20 PM
TBH Tyrone are the best team in Ulster but i think this result to Donegal today is making you lot sit up and take notice, maybe your not as far down the road as you think, maybe you are and Donegal were just pure dung.
Prob a bit of both tbh, Tyrone won't win the All Ireland but are still Ulster's best chance of doing so. If Armagh were to beat Kildare (a big if) I certainly wouldn't be quaking in my boots having to play Tyrone either and it would be some game too

Using the same logic Tyrone lost by a point to Mayo last year who went on to draw with the dubs, using that logic there's nothing between the teams. In my opinion Tyrone are heading to croke park a better more focused team than last year.

In reality form lines are difficult to work out in the championship. Donegal look like a team that had thrown the towel in after Ulster. Unbelievable how bad they were.

Main Street

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 23, 2017, 08:52:18 AM
TBH Tyrone are the best team in Ulster but i think this result to Donegal today is making you lot sit up and take notice, maybe your not as far down the road as you think, maybe you are and Donegal were just pure dung.
Prob a bit of both tbh, Tyrone won't win the All Ireland but are still Ulster's best chance of doing so. If Armagh were to beat Kildare (a big if) I certainly wouldn't be quaking in my boots having to play Tyrone either and it would be some game too

Using the same logic Tyrone lost by a point to Mayo last year who went on to draw with the dubs, using that logic there's nothing between the teams. In my opinion Tyrone are heading to croke park a better more focused team than last year.

In reality form lines are difficult to work out in the championship. Donegal look like a team that had thrown the towel in after Ulster. Unbelievable how bad they were.
Both Derry and Donegal were hammered in the qualifiers.
Tyrone have gone backwards without kicking a ball.
If Monaghan  recover and beat chesty Down, that would put Tyrone somewhere between Carlow and nowhere.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 10:24:39 AM

If Monaghan  recover and beat chesty Down, that would put Tyrone somewhere between Carlow and nowhere.

Derry drew with last years all Ireland finalists who took the mighty dubs to s replay. They also beat Waterford more comfortably than cork did and there was nothing between cork and Mayo yesterday. Based on that Tyrone are far superior to Mayo this year. People see what they want when trying to read form.

Main Street

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 23, 2017, 10:30:05 AM
Quote from: Main Street on July 23, 2017, 10:24:39 AM

Derry drew with last years all Ireland finalists who took the mighty dubs to s replay. They also beat Waterford more comfortably than cork did and there was nothing between cork and Mayo yesterday. Based on that Tyrone are far superior to Mayo this year. People see what they want when trying to read form.
Clutching at straws.

What are the odds for Tyrone in 2018?

illdecide

I can't speak for all Armagh wans but i'll not be cheering on Dublin should they end up playing Tyrone
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Fuzzman

This is the part of the season I hate the most. Having the feel good factor of winning an Ulster title then fade away over the weeks as other teams like Mayo build momentum through the qualifiers and you become worried that we will be caught cold at the quarterfinal stage.

It feels strange this year to be in a quarterfinal as Ulster champions but to have not really been tested. Most of us think we're a lot better this year than last year because we've been putting up big scores but as we know too well, how will we fare when we come up against a team who have a much better organised defence.
Most people predicted Kildare could be our opponents weeks ago but as we saw last Saturday night Galway surprised Donegal and Cork gave Mayo a real good rattle. You would imagine Armagh will not be overawed by Kildare and Monaghan will probably fancy their chances 2nd time around with Down.
So a 4th Ulster game is very possible and I hope we learn from last year not to be thinking about the Dubs but focus on the game in hand.

Rossfan

Don't know how anyone could say Galway beating this year's Donegal was a surprise!!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fuzzman

At the start of Ulster this year people though Donegal could be favourites for Ulster and could do well this year but who would have thought they would disintegrate so easily?

Most thought last weekend's game was a 50-50 game but Galway wiped the floor with them. I think most would be surprised by that, no?

Rossfan

Might be surprised by the margin but not a surprise result.
Main question was would Galway get back on the horse after the CF.
If they did I think mosthe discerning folk expected they'd win.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on July 25, 2017, 01:04:05 PM
Might be surprised by the margin but not a surprise result.
Main question was would Galway get back on the horse after the CF.
If they did I think mosthe discerning folk expected they'd win.

I thought max 4 or 5 points in it, leaning Donegal. Never in a million years did i predict what happened.

illdecide

Yeah it was no shock for Galway to beat Donegal, I never really fancied Donegal TBH but the shock for me was the winning margin and if anyone disagreed with that they'd be telling porkies
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

BennyCake

Quote from: Gaffer on July 22, 2017, 11:55:47 PM

I'd actually support Tyrone if it was a QF meeting. Then I'd shout for Tyrone's opponents in the semi. Wouldn't like to see Tyrone reach a final because they might end up winning the feckin' thing! Couldn't stomach Tyrone in a final, And the AI final is a great occasion as long as those Blue hoors aren't on the hill.

If it's a Tyrone Dublin semi, that's a tricky one. I suppose I'd be hoping for Omagh Part 2. That they cut the f**k out of each other, and it's so bad that both are thrown out of the competition.