Saturday July 22 Cork v Mayo, Gaelic Grounds, 5PM

Started by Lar Naparka, July 10, 2017, 03:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Jinxy on July 20, 2017, 08:26:34 PM
Cork people aren't like regular people.

Cork people aren't liked by regular people.

I kid I kid.

Never beat the deeler

Hasta la victoria siempre

Blowitupref

Quote from: Ball Hopper on July 18, 2017, 08:52:03 PM
Curtain Raiser in Limerick sees Kerry and Leitrim in the All-Ireland semi-final of the junior football.

I read somewhere that 7/8 of the Leitrim squad that won Connacht are now ineligible as they featured in the Senior championship thereafter.  Is that true?

10 players Leitrim will be missing.  Keith Beirne, Wayne McKeon, Oisin Madden, Noel Plunkett, Dean McGovern, Keith Keegan, Niall McGovern,Gary Plunkett,Conor Cullen,Brendan Gallagher all ruled out after their Senior roles this summer.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mayoaremagic

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 20, 2017, 07:28:31 PM
Quote from: mayoaremagic on July 20, 2017, 04:32:35 PM
There is something special about this Mayo team this year, how they all came back this year after their monster run last year, getting just seconds from victory. I contine to say, Mayo WILL win it all this year! Roll on September 17, the players, back room team and fans...the date 17-9-17 is OURS! Maigh Eo Abú!!!!

The Double is on! Hollymount and Mayo! ;)

if we beat Davitts anything could happen Tom

Rossfan

Will Cork be remotely interested in this game or are they merely fulfilling the fixture?
They have a lot of good individual players but look like a crowd who first met in the dressing room every time they play.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Rossfan on July 21, 2017, 10:59:23 AM
Will Cork be remotely interested in this game or are they merely fulfilling the fixture?
They have a lot of good individual players but look like a crowd who first met in the dressing room every time they play.
It's hard to guess at what Cork will do. Some of their play against Kerry was very good especially when they ran at them but the rest was naive at best. Nevertheless you would imagine that pride alone will draw a strong performance as Mayo would have been their preferred opponents at this stage. Mayo need to concentrate on their own game. Selection will be interesting. 9 backs for six positions. Personally I'd leave Harrison Cafferkey and Barrett in full back line, Keegan and Durkan on the wings and Higgins at chb. Cases can be made for Vaughan, Boyle & Coen but we thrive on fast counter attacking and imo these are our best options. Seamie and Parsons to start in the centre . My preference would be for McLoughlinn and Diarmuid to flank AOS, Cillian at FF with Andy and Loftus in the corners. Loftus has good attacking instincts but I was surprised by his seeming inability to track his direct opponent v Clare. I expect a win by more than a goal and a presence at the quarter final stage where the fun really starts.

seafoid

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mayo-would-be-gone-already-if-it-wasnt-for-aidan-oshea-john-omahony-35953189.html
"When you look at Dublin in the Leinster final, Tyrone in the Ulster final, Mayo are really depending on resilience and high energy.

"In fairness, what has happened in Mayo's case is that Aidan O'Shea (below) has come back into form. He was criticised enough when he wasn't in form.

"But the team isn't changing. The one exception was Conor Loftus who saved them against Derry. But there is not an assembly line like you have in some of the other counties."

O'Mahony feels that without O'Shea's impact in the last two games there would be no conversation about Mayo and Cork this week
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Crete Boom

Quote from: seafoid on July 21, 2017, 04:44:45 PM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mayo-would-be-gone-already-if-it-wasnt-for-aidan-oshea-john-omahony-35953189.html
"When you look at Dublin in the Leinster final, Tyrone in the Ulster final, Mayo are really depending on resilience and high energy.

"In fairness, what has happened in Mayo's case is that Aidan O'Shea (below) has come back into form. He was criticised enough when he wasn't in form.

"But the team isn't changing. The one exception was Conor Loftus who saved them against Derry. But there is not an assembly line like you have in some of the other counties."

O'Mahony feels that without O'Shea's impact in the last two games there would be no conversation about Mayo and Cork this week

Maybe you should take Jonno back if you fall to Donegal this weekend Seaf?? You might get another picture in Sheridans then!!

seafoid

Quote from: Crete Boom on July 21, 2017, 05:31:13 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 21, 2017, 04:44:45 PM

Maybe you should take Jonno back if you fall to Donegal this weekend Seaf?? You might get another picture in Sheridans then!!

http://biblehub.com/luke/4-24.htm
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Cork team.

1.Ken O'Halloran – (Bishopstown)
2. James Loughrey – (Mallow)
3. Eoin Cadogan – (Douglas)
4. Jamie O Sullivan – (Bishopstown)
5. Sean Powter – (Douglas)
6. Michael Shields – (St Finbarrs)
7. Tomas Clancy – (Fermoy)
8. Aidan Walsh – (Kanturk)
9. Ian Maguire – (St Finbarr's)
10. Colm O Driscoll – (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
11. Mark Collins – (Castlehaven)
12. John O Rourke – (Carbery Rangers)
13. Barry O Driscoll – (Nemo Rangers)
14. Donncha O Connor – (Ballydesmond)
15. Paul Kerrigan – (Nemo Rangers)

Cunny Funt

Mayo team.

David Clarke (Ballina Stephenites)
    Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
    Ger Cafferkey (Ballina Stephenites)
    Keith Higgins (Ballyhaunis)
    Lee Keegan (Westport)
    Chris Barrett (Belmulet)
    Colm Boyle (Davitts)
    Seamus O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
    Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
    Aidan O'Shea (Breaffy)
    Diarmuid O'Connor (Ballintubber)
    Conor Loftus (Crossmolina)
    Cillian O'Connor (Ballintubber, captain)
    Andy Moran (Ballaghaderreen)

AZOffaly

I have tickets for this.  Looking forward to heading into the Ennis Road to look at one of the top teams in the country. And Mayo.😀

mrhardyannual

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2017, 09:54:46 PM
I have tickets for this.  Looking forward to heading into the Ennis Road to look at one of the top teams in the country. And Mayo.😀
Offaly funny. Don't give up the day job. You'll never afford tickets on your comedian earnings.

Crete Boom

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 21, 2017, 09:54:46 PM

Good man AZ, I suppose it as important as ever these days to have a sense of humour being from Offaly!! ;D