County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, July 13, 2016, 10:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

For feck sake Syfín what's "Nige" got to do with it or what sort of nonsense are you trying to spout now?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2016, 01:11:24 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 27, 2016, 08:16:07 PM
Anthony Cunningham said to be still in the running for Cavan.
Limerick, NY, Wexford and Waterford probably not being overrun with applicants.
As for us....... Syfín could end up getting the job as he knows it all ;D.
They say Dineen hasn't a chance while appointing McStay will alienate the decent people of the County.

Banty anyone?

Football management looks like an increasingly tough gig. Who would want it? Most ends in grief, even with the successful counties. At club level it is even more taxing. There are very few teams that end up feeling good about themselves any given year.

Maybe county and club management should have a set rule of two years minimum? That way more would want it and clubs and counties would choose more carefully on who they appoint.

shark

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 28, 2016, 03:14:49 PM
They say Dineen hasn't a chance while appointing McStay will alienate the decent people of the County.

Banty anyone?

Football management looks like an increasingly tough gig. Who would want it? Most ends in grief, even with the successful counties. At club level it is even more taxing. There are very few teams that end up feeling good about themselves any given year.

Maybe county and club management should have a set rule of two years minimum? That way more would want it and clubs and counties would choose more carefully on who they appoint.

You could only enforce that in one direction though. You couldn't force a manager to stay for a second year if he didn't want to. And not many would want to stay if it was made clear that they weren't wanted.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on September 28, 2016, 09:53:26 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 27, 2016, 08:46:55 PM

Banty anyone?

Who are the decent people in the county or who are the indecent people of the county?  why will appointing McStay alienated these "decent people"??
The decent people are those who are disgusted at the "campaign of disparagement and undermining" of a decent man and disgusted atthe Bs who started it, orchestrated it or took part in it.
I would consider Danny Burke to be one of the decent people.

I didn't see a statement from McStay anywhere regretting Fergal's resignation or thinking him for his work for the year nor did I see any word from him condemning the "campaign of....."
That silence speaks volumes.

Why would McStay issue a statement? He met with FOD and they agreed it hadn't worked. They met with the county board and advised them. I'm sure they have spoken privately why the need to make it public. FOD statement said it wasn't management or team that led to his decision.

Who were part of this campaign? who orchestrated it? Is it just disgruntled supporters or are you suggesting it was the CB, or CR or certain clubs.

Are you any better than those you criticise when you make judgments on McStay.

I've no issue with McStay or Dineen getting it.

Rossfan

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 28, 2016, 08:31:39 PM

Who were part of this campaign? who orchestrated it? Is it just disgruntled supporters or are you suggesting it was the CB, or CR or certain clubs.

Do you live at home in Roscommon? Do you have much contact with GAA people or clubs? Certain names are being bandied about those circles.
I'm not going to name the suspects as the GAABoard might be sued but you can take it there are some GAA insiders involved.
Was a Facebook thing set up to disparage the Boyle boys and various tales blaming them for everything were spread by various people.
Presumably all was for the purpose of dumping Fergal but he jumped and threw in his hand grenade.
Hope the Bs and all associated with them are proud of themselves.
I will not be commenting further on this subject.
However if anyone from Co Board comes looking for €s from me next year they'll get short shrift I can tell you.

twohands!!!

Banty anyone?

Out of curiosity I checked the dates all the following went out of the championship.

Cavan - 16th July
Limerick - 9th July
Wexford - 25th June
Waterford - 19th June
Roscommon - 23rd July

2 teams in Division 1 and 3 teams in Division 4 next year.

Doesn't look great for the efficiency of the county boards in those counties, especially when you consider a serious chunk of club football has been played in all those counties since then. I would be a bit more forgiving on the Division 4 counties given how unattractive the job is in those counties.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on September 28, 2016, 08:55:46 PM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on September 28, 2016, 08:31:39 PM

Do you live at home in Roscommon? Do you have much contact with GAA people or clubs? Certain names are being bandied about those circles.
I'm not going to name the suspects as the GAABoard might be sued but you can take it there are some GAA insiders involved.
Was a Facebook thing set up to disparage the Boyle boys and various tales blaming them for everything were spread by various people.
Presumably all was for the purpose of dumping Fergal but he jumped and threw in his hand grenade.
Hope the Bs and all associated with them are proud of themselves.
I will not be commenting further on this subject.
However if anyone from Co Board comes looking for €s from me next year they'll get short shrift I can tell you.

Feel free to drop me an PM with the names.  I wont spread rumours.

Tubberman

Rossies, one of your flock has escaped from the pen and is running wild spouting shite all over the place - please collect and fence him in.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Syferus

Quote from: Tubberman on September 29, 2016, 11:52:16 AM
Rossies, one of your flock has escaped from the pen and is running wild spouting shite all over the place - please collect and fence him in.

Only Mayo could be fixated on Roscommon when they're a couple days away from an AI final replay.

Enjoy it Tubber. You never know when you'll be back.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on September 29, 2016, 12:25:34 PM

Only Mayo could be fixated on Roscommon when they're a couple days away from an AI final replay.

I take it you have gammysolo on your blocked list as well then.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 29, 2016, 12:33:21 PM

Just been avoiding most of the AI final coverage here and in the media, Farr.

Some feckers spinning round Sligo last night with Mayo flags on the windows shouting Up Mayo at everyone they passed by. Not exactly ingratiating themselves with the locals. That buck you mentioned ould easily be one of the fairweather Mayo 'fans' who go to the AISF only and start complaining about not getting tickets for the AIF. Bants and all that shite. Probably the same as any other county but it does a disservice to the real Mayo supporters that you'll see in Ballyhaunis or Ballinlough two weeks after Christmas.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Syferus on September 29, 2016, 01:01:20 PM

Just been avoiding most of the AI final coverage here and in the media, Farr.

Some feckers spinning round Sligo last night with Mayo flags on the windows shouting Up Mayo at everyone they passed by. Not exactly ingratiating themselves with the locals. That buck you mentioned ould easily be one of the fairweather Mayo 'fans' who go to the AISF only and start complaining about not getting tickets for the AIF. Bants and all that shite. Probably the same as any other county but it does a disservice to the real Mayo supporters that you'll see in Ballyhaunis or Ballinlough two weeks after Christmas.
Aside from the craven locals who'd put up Mayo flags in places like the train station. Always find the support for Mayo in some quarters in the county puzzling, especially when you consider how much 'support' the Mayo people living here tend to give to the local team.

Rossfan

Syfín probably thinks it's "Nige" trying to undermine and disparage "KMac" ;D

PadraicHenryPearse

still waiting on those names Rossfan.

Rossfan

You'll be waiting.
I'll out nothing in print ;)
For all I know you might even be ONE OF THEM :o
Or even worse a Solicitor for one.
A few threads on stolen-sheep have enough of broad hints.
You could head to Strokestown Sunday and talk to some of the Boyle bucks.