Meath vs Mayo, Croke Park 21/7/19

Started by thejuice, July 14, 2019, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoBuck

The most nervy 9 point win I've ever seen!

Was very hard going for 50 or 60 minutes. In fairness to Meath, they've some really dogged backs. They frustrated the Dublin forwards in the 1st half of the Leinster final. Boyle looks like a 25 year-old at the moment. I make it that's 5 weeks in a row he's played the full game. 2 years ago he was getting hauled off after 50 minutes. James Carr and especially Andy made a big difference in the 2nd half.

The 2nd game was a level above ours in terms of quality. We've 4 starters out through injury at the moment so hopefully some of those clear up in the next 2 weeks.

Randy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 21, 2019, 12:31:17 AM
Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 20, 2019, 09:13:46 PM
Can anyone confirm that Tom Parsons lined out for Charlestown in the past week? If true it's close to a miracle.

No. I was at the Knockmore v Charlestown and he wasn't named.

Seen Tom Parsons running across the pitch at half time. He was moving well!

thejuice

I was watching on GAAGO which kept cutting out on me. So I missed O'Sullivan's wide. Kept seeing it mentioned on Twitter so just finally saw it. My god! Why was he even trying to stick it over. That close you have to go for it. Just as well GAAGO was not working or I'd have broken some furniture at the time. He had that great chance against Donegal as well which he put over too. He's a great player for us but he needs to know that we go for goals in those situations.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Tubberman

Diarmuid's wrist was still in a cast yesterday.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

rosnarun

Quote from: MayoBuck on July 21, 2019, 09:36:21 PM

Was very hard going for 50 or 60 minutes. In fairness to Meath, they've some really dogged backs. They frustrated the Dublin forwards in the 1st half of the Leinster final. Boyle looks like a 25 year-old at the moment. I make it that's 5 weeks in a row he's played the full game. 2 years ago he was getting hauled off after 50 minutes. James Carr and especially Andy made a big difference in the 2nd half.

The 2nd game was a level above ours in terms of quality. We've 4 starters out through injury at the moment so hopefully some of those clear up in the next 2 weeks.
in Fairness Doniee Vaughan is a new man this year too. he jas really stepped up when need to plu the holes left byy parson seamie and Ruane and even paddy durkan, these are the kinda players you need to have on your panel maybe not the best in the country but they ll let no one down,

With all the talk of injuries what the story with ger Caff? hes never mentioned an more
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 21, 2019, 01:38:03 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 21, 2019, 09:39:42 AM
https://twitter.com/maigheoforsam/status/1152852959346253824?s=21

I know Conor Diskin,Brian Reape,Cian Hanley are now overseas but what has happened to Evan Regan,Ger Cafferkey,David Drake,James Durcan to no longer make the 26?
Conor Diskin played for Claremorris on Friday last and on the previous Friday. It's a big step up to county senior and it will take time.

Crete Boom

Quote from: rosnarun on July 22, 2019, 03:56:06 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on July 21, 2019, 09:36:21 PM

in Fairness Doniee Vaughan is a new man this year too. he jas really stepped up when need to plu the holes left byy parson seamie and Ruane and even paddy durkan, these are the kinda players you need to have on your panel maybe not the best in the country but they ll let no one down,

With all the talk of injuries what the story with ger Caff? hes never mentioned an more

Picked up a calf injury while rehabing his hamstring and is only just back fully training last week. I would say he will get some game time with the club and be back in the mix fir the Donegal game.

rosnarun

Quote from: mrhardyannual on July 22, 2019, 06:15:38 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 21, 2019, 01:38:03 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 21, 2019, 09:39:42 AM
https://twitter.com/maigheoforsam/status/1152852959346253824?s=21

I know Conor Diskin,Brian Reape,Cian Hanley are now overseas but what has happened to Evan Regan,Ger Cafferkey,David Drake,James Durcan to no longer make the 26?
Conor Diskin played for Claremorris on Friday last and on the previous Friday. It's a big step up to county senior and it will take time.

Evan is normally in the 26,
any know much about osin Mullins ?
I was sure Horan would start him the last day when he bothered to bring him into the Squad
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere