?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Keyser soze

Quote from: ONEDerry on August 09, 2019, 04:03:03 PM

Great attitude to the game there. Hit someone from behind and possibly put them in hospital and impact their livelihood and  then try to justify it.
Fortunately in many  places the game is about skill and fitness and not about  lashing out with  what you see as justice. That's not standing up for your teammates. Doing that anywhere else would be gbh.
Too many in Derry are stuck in the dark ages which is one of the reasons why clubs are struggling to get young lads through to senior

I already said he should not have hit him from behind.

I am merely putting the incident into context here, it was the Bridge #12 who instigated this incident with a dirty sneaky from behind hit off the ball so I don't see how he, or indeed anyone on here, can complain that he got the same treatment himself. If you're going to give it out you need to be prepared to take it as well.

tyrone exile

Quote from: Keyser soze on August 09, 2019, 04:54:59 PM

Great attitude to the game there. Hit someone from behind and possibly put them in hospital and impact their livelihood and  then try to justify it.
Fortunately in many  places the game is about skill and fitness and not about  lashing out with  what you see as justice. That's not standing up for your teammates. Doing that anywhere else would be gbh.
Too many in Derry are stuck in the dark ages which is one of the reasons why clubs are struggling to get young lads through to senior

I am merely putting the incident into context here, it was the Bridge #12 who instigated this incident with a dirty sneaky from behind hit off the ball so I don't see how he, or indeed anyone on here, can complain that he got the same treatment himself. If you're going to give it out you need to be prepared to take it as well.

Did he hit Gerard O'kane from behind or did he push him?

TheOptimist

Scumbaggery is what it is and there is alot of it about in club football. One punch can kill!

Keyser soze

Quote from: tyrone exile on August 09, 2019, 05:47:27 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on August 09, 2019, 04:54:59 PM

Did he hit Gerard O'kane from behind or did he push him?

Shouldered him in the back. Hard enough that he had to go off injured.

tonesfirstandlast

Not a good week for Derry GAA, referee hit in Faughanvale, fight involving coaches and supporters at a Dungiven and some team in the U14s championship, Newbridge player gets his jaw broke by a Glenullin player, a Magherafelt player has his nose broken in an off the ball incident and an umpire struck in the same game. We have to be happy here in Bellaghy that discipline in the club is regarded as more important than winning

ONEDerry

Quote from: TheOptimist on August 09, 2019, 06:35:19 PM
Scumbaggery is what it is and there is alot of it about in club football. One punch can kill!

100%. If you weren't brought up in it or involved in a club you wouldn't be within an arses roar of it.
This isn't picking on a club.All games should be videoed and anyone caught stepping out of line should be told on your way - take up MMA. Although MMA probably has more discipline than some lads who take to the field.

Past It

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on August 09, 2019, 09:28:10 PM
Not a good week for Derry GAA, referee hit in Faughanvale, fight involving coaches and supporters at a Dungiven and some team in the U14s championship, Newbridge player gets his jaw broke by a Glenullin player, a Magherafelt player has his nose broken in an off the ball incident and an umpire struck in the same game. We have to be happy here in Bellaghy that discipline in the club is regarded as more important than winning

Left out Glen player who squeezed and twisted a man's genitals so hard he had to.be taken to hospital....

Wildweasel74

It's was a cowards punch and such that it wouldn't surprise me if legal action was took. Been in a few skirmishes on the field, never hit a man from behind. I Then he run away. He is a real William Wallace there.

theticklemister

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2019, 11:26:38 PM
It's was a cowards punch and such that it wouldn't surprise me if legal action was took. Been in a few skirmishes on the field, never hit a man from behind. I Then he run away. He is a real William Wallace there.
Did referee see it?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: theticklemister on August 10, 2019, 04:48:55 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 09, 2019, 11:26:38 PM
Did referee see it?
Yes , he got a straight Red

Glenman93

Did most of the big clubs not turn up to the meeting last week? Is that why they are having another go at it on Tuesday?

Rawhide

Is my understanding correct? Banagher and Dungiven both relegated with two games remaining in an 11 game league. V surprised its sorted, always thought it would come down to the last game.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Wildweasel74

Dungiven, what the hell happened them? Had a serious team through the early 90's and 20 odd yrs later, they totally fallen away.

Estimator

Quote from: Rawhide on August 12, 2019, 12:00:33 PM
Is my understanding correct? Banagher and Dungiven both relegated with two games remaining in an 11 game league. V surprised its sorted, always thought it would come down to the last game.

It was apparent from the early stages of the league that those two sides were in big trouble. Beating those two teams meant 4pts and staying in the division. Looking at the table Lavey are 4th on 10pts. Screen are 9th on 8pts.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Ball

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 12, 2019, 08:41:04 PM
Dungiven, what the hell happened them? Had a serious team through the early 90's and 20 odd yrs ago later they totally fallen away.

Wondering the same myself, warnings signs bound to have been there with the heavy beating they took from Swatragh at home earlier in the league. Have they been missing men? Injuries / travelling??