Tyrone v Laois NFL 2008

Started by never kickt a ball, March 03, 2008, 11:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: orangeman on March 15, 2008, 10:57:39 PM
Please Ziggy - just for tonight - try and look on the bright side ! Be positive !!!  ;D ;D ;D

We're going to win the All-Ireland.

I do believe that actually. Told my mate that last night..... he just laughed at me.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Are you serious ??? I asked you to be positive but that's taking the piss !!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KIDDO 4

What about the increased admission charge for tonights game , 15 euros for the last home game  = 10 sterling , again  tonight 15 euros  but admission  has risen to 12 sterling, in other years the  price for the sectional games remained constant  until the semi finals and did not not depend on currancy  changes.

ziggysego

Trust me Orangeman.

I put money on them in 2003... they won.

A few things happened in 2005, that happened in 2003 (non-football related). Took that as a sign, so put money on them.... they won.

Those same things are happening in 2008. I'm gonna put money on them.

You heard it here first! ;)
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

I hope you're right Ziggy - thanks for being positive Ziggy - you can't be any MORE positive than that !!!!  ;D ;D ;D   Roll on September !

CoDeo2

Ah rite i had thought it was half 7 from reading the start of this post, was it changed?? the programme also had half 7 on it!!!

orangeman

in other years the  price for the sectional games remained constant  until the semi finals and did not not depend on currancy  changes.

I thought this was in poor taste - we're being punished for being Northerners again !!!! There was no prior warning of an increase in admission but this would be par for the course really !  >:( >:(

omagh_gael

ha ha this was the best game i been to in terms of free admission, handy wen you have a mate playin for the tyrone hurlers who has free passes, well wat are mates for!!  ;D

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on March 15, 2008, 11:16:02 PM
Trust me Orangeman.

I put money on them in 2003... they won.

A few things happened in 2005, that happened in 2003 (non-football related). Took that as a sign, so put money on them.... they won.

Those same things are happening in 2008. I'm gonna put money on them.

You heard it here first! ;)

Just liased with Tone there and the hotel is booked!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

give her dixie

Have been looking for tickets all night for the final, and they are like hens teeth.......
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tyrone Dreamer

Decent display there and certainly some hope going forward. Mulligans free taking and general play is on the up which is much needed in the forwards although hope the injury he picked up isnt to bad. Swift looked like a much better defensive option when he came on than Carlin. Full back is still going to be a major issue. Provided he keeps Gormley at chb and decides that McMenamin is better at half back then he will have a selection headache as Jordan and Harte are already there. Despite Harte playing very well last nite (and scoring 3 points) he'd probably be the one from the 4 Id drop as he's the weakest defender.

Still think Justy McMahon is worth another look at full back. Wouldnt be a bit supriised though if the defence come the Down game is swift-gormley-quinn-harte-mcmenmain-jordan. That full back line would still lack a bit of height and the half back line looks very attacking but couldnt complain to much with it.

The attendance of 3300 was shocking. I know its a Saturday night and £12 in is steep (although people wouldnt have known this before going to the game) but its still points to a lot of sunshine fans (which every county is). It doesnt seem to long since the 05 final when every fan in Tyrone had been "to every game this year" and the gaa were a disgrace for them not having tickets. There was one family who made front page news becasue there baby couldnt get a ticket and he'd been "to every game this year". Id love to know if they were at the match last night. There some difference between the average GAA county supporter and a soccer fan England. Many of these fans go to every home game (20+ in a season) and numerous away games invlving huge distances and £12 would be small change compared to the prices they'd be paying. People say they are being priced out of it especially when they have children (even though they get in free to league games) but at the end of the day Tyrone only have 3-4 home league games in the whole year. They will have another 4-5 championship games in an average year. Most "supporters" only seem to make the effort 2 to 3 times a year. You'd think a few more would have turned out last night to see the return of McGuigan. If Tyrone were to do anything later in the year its these "supporters" who will do the most shouting about tickets and throw out the "grab all association" line.

Having said all that I dont think the GAA are doing themselves any favours. £12 is too dear when the counties only use the league as a warm up to the championship. Also the GAA are doing nothing to sell the games and the decision to play them on a Saturday night is a joke and is totally putting families off. Away fans are expected to travel in the dark and not return home until after midnight which is stupid. The Donegal game should be on the Sunday which Im sure would guarentee 8000+ including a sizeable away support. I wonder are the county board having second thoughts as it will be hitting them in the pocket big time.

ONeill

Heard the bearded one on the wireless today saying that Davy Harte's performance was one of the most complete half back performances he has witnessed in manys a year. Great to hear that. I'll never understand Davy detractors. He also claims Mugsy's showing a bit of the old 05 form - another decent sign - pity about the injury.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Davy Harte was outstanding last night - his 3 points were awesome.

Fuzzman

I'm afraid I am one such detractors but I stand corrected by all accounts
I have saw him play some great games in the past but his lack of pace always concerns me and I just think with Ricey and Gourley fit and Joey & Justy coming backl as well as McGee we have a lot of good defenders now

Sounds like it was a open game with loads of scoring
Anyone know if its being shown again on TG4 or Setanta anywhere?

Donegal and Derry will be tough games though

orangeman

Davy was the pick of the entire half back line last night - 3 points is some scoring - all real good scores !