Tyrone v Laois NFL 2008

Started by never kickt a ball, March 03, 2008, 11:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Glad to see Mickey's gone with my preferred at nos 3 and 6  ;)

Strong look about this lineout, and here's hoping, though the Laois lads will be well fired up for it, especially after their neighbour's (Kildare) semi-successful exploits a few weeks before. If the upward trend in terms of the performance continues we should be home and dry, though taking nothing for granted.

Tir Eoghain abu!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

iano

Anyone got link to anywhere broadcasting match?

tyroneboi

ONeill

Half Time Tyrone 0-8 Laois 0-5 - Definately a much improved Tyrone perfomance and the first time this year that Tyrone have scored eight times in the first half of a National League match.

34 mins Owen Mulligan strikes a fine point from the left wing after Colm McCullagh is knocked to the ground.

33 mins Laois add a third free through the boot of Michael Tierney to close the gap to two points once again.

28 mins Colin Holmes scores from distance before Moy man Sean Cavanagh adds a second point within a minute.  Tyrone 0-7 Laois 0-4

27 min Laois add their forth point in a row.  Brian McCormack points from play.  Tyrone 0-5 Laois 0-4

25 min Michael Tierney follows up his first free with a fine left footed point from the left wing.  Only two points between the teams now.

20 min Colm Parkinson fists a first Laois point after a sharp turn and run from the line. A Minute later Michael Tierney adds a free.  Tyrone 0-5 Laois 0-2

15 min Very sweet left footed point from Davy Harte after some excellent build up play from Colm McCullagh and Owen Mulligan.

14 min Laios are forced to replace Ross Munnelly as Owen Mulligan adds a thirty metre free to total.  Tyrone 0-4 Laois 0-0

9 min Incredible left pointed score from the end line. Raymond Mulgrew adds a third point for Tyrone.
Tyrone 0-3 Laios 0-0

7 min Tommy McGuigan links up well with Tyrone's second scorer Colm McCullagh. Tyrone 0-2 Laois 0-0

4 mins Owen Mulligan opens the scoring after a nice flick from Tommy McGuigan.

Game begins with one change on the Tyrone team.  Colin Holmes replaces an injured Kevin Hughes.

Tyrone - J Devine, PJ Quinn, J McMahon, D Carlin, D Harte, C Gormley, R McMenamin, C Holmes, E McGinley, R Mellon, R Mulgrew, S Cavanagh, T McGuigan, C McCullagh, O Mulligan

Laois - M Nolan, C Ryan, D Rooney, C Healy, P O'Leary, J O'Loughlin, P McMahon, P Clancy, K Meaney, R Munnelly, B McCormack, B Sheehan, M Tierney, B Quigley, C Parkinson

tyronegaa.ie
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Mulligan 3
McCullagh 2
Mulgrew 1
Harte 3
Holmes 1
Cavanagh 1
McGuigan 2
McGinley 1
N Gormley 1
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

much improved performance from last time i saw tyrone, v kildare, very good 1st 20 mins although went off the boil slightly towards end of half! glad to see mugsy finally puttin over a few frees, thought collie holmes did well although faded in 2nd half! Laois very poor shootin in 1st half apart from mj tierneys free takin, one gr8 free of the ground from left touchline!! 2nd half, very quick start from laois and are level with 5-10 mins although tyrone came back into it with couple of quick scores, mugsy did his back in challenging for ball in with full back. Got nervy towards end as Laois looked like they could snatch it, gr8 reception for brian mc guigan, although he only touched the ball twice i think, never the less brilliant to see him in the tyrone jersy again. overall i think it was a decent performance from tyrone, some good scores, although we rarely threatened there goals an justy was a bit shaky at FB in my opinion. will need more improvement wen donegal come to omagh though lookin better.

orangeman

Laois left their shooting boots behind particularly in the first half - they should have scored a goal with the first attack when a wayward pass from PJ let the Laois corner forward in but he blazed wide.

Devine was better in goals - not really troubled
PJ was steady enough
I thought Justin was doing ok at full back and was surprised to see him replaced at half time, BEFORE Carlin
Carlin was having an off day.
Davy was simply superb -
Gormley was second best most of the time whilst
Ricey showed some good form again.
Holmes battled well
Mc Ginley really upped the ante in the 2nd half and was probably MOM
Mellon - another off day though put a lot of pressure on Laois defenders
Mulgrew - not bad - got through a lot of work and showed some great glimpses - what about that pass for Davy to score his last point ??
Sean  - very stong and won a lot of ball without doing a lot with it - how did he miss the goal ?
Tommy had his best day so far
Mc Cullagh cuased his marker a lot of trouble
Mulligan was having a great game until he had to go off
Jordan came on at half time for Justin and did nothing wrong
Swift - steadied the ship
Gormely was also effective when he came on
Mc Guigan - great to see him back - will improve for this outing
Donnelly - didn't see a lot of action

Overall, it was a well deserved two points and this performance will show that Tyrone have still a lot of good performers.

I was surprised that Mc Caul still didn't get a run out when Carlin was struggling - what's the score here RRHF ?

I think Tyrone can beat Donegal and get something out of the Derry game to stay up.

Referee John Bannon didn't exactly endear himself to the Tyrone crowd with some shockers !

Lamh Dhearg Alba

A victory, an excellent tally of 0-16 and Brian McGuigan back in action has to make it a good day for Tyrone! Who went to fullback when Justy went off? Hope Mugsy isnt badly hurt just as he seems to be playing his way back into form.

CoDeo2

Jordan went to full back for most of the second half!! Then he swapped with gormley last 10 minutes!!!!

Tyrone gave away alot of free's in the first half which kept laois in the game!!! That wee number 13 was brilliant at the free's though!!!

Mc cullagh should have had a goal in the first half but buried it over thr bar!!!

Thought swifty done well when he came on!!!! Any word on mugsy!!? He did look too hot when he was getting helped off

Interesting to read harte saying in the programme that everyone associated with the team are hopeful oneill will return to the fold in the near future!!!

Great reception for mcguigan!!!

CoDeo2

Also does anyone know why the game started at 7 and not half 7?? Arrived in about 6.55 and was just there in time for the throw in!!

orangeman

Interesting to read harte saying in the programme that everyone associated with the team are hopeful oneill will return to the fold in the near future!!!

Delighted to hear that. I'm reading that it's a hamstring injury for Mulligan.

ziggysego

Quote from: CoDeo2 on March 15, 2008, 10:49:19 PM

I really can't see that happening.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

orangeman

I really can't see that happening.

Please Ziggy - just for tonight - try and look on the bright side ! Be positive !!!  ;D ;D ;D