Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delgany

Excellent point   hectic
Makes the motion  even less worthy of even being considered at convention.  Could be thrown out  as being " out of order " in line with county bye laws etc

bogieman

Two clubs to be embarrassed, is motions going forward on 5th Dec to stop these things from being possible;
1. St. Paul's looking to change leagues without a years notice because of the way they performed - the league does not lie...
2. St Enda's - imagine a Div 1 team playing intermediate, and getting congratulated on it. There are counties that have 3 divisions, called senior, intermediate and junior. Why worry what other counties do anyways, it's embarrassing for those doing it too.

Ps Cb and mr2, if I start a new thread, the naughty room, would you guys go to it when having a tiff please, it's a bit much to have to read your childish dribble to get onto more interesting posts

Pss what about a new motion on here, only requote one comment, not the whole stream of them - please

Psss u21 groups help, but maybe could have some additional prior seeding, do comgalls, glenavy, et al., really want to play their next games ?

RIP Paul.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Milltown Row2

Should Div 2 teams be playing senior? Or Div 3 be playing Intermediate?

I'll go back to what is available at the minute, teams can nominate their championship, a motion needs to be made to change that, until then, thems the rules!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

delgany

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2018, 08:23:03 PM
Quote from: Hectic on November 18, 2018, 07:51:32 PM
Yeah look it is current hence worth commenting on in my opinion. Yes other clubs have actually succeeded in saving their bacon with this type of motion in the past. Sarsfields immediately spring to mind if I am correct. Certainly there was a recent case but in that case, again if memory serves me correct, leagues were expanded and a few clubs benefited rather than Sarsfields benefiting at the expense of others.

I could and have in the past named plenty teams who wouldn't take their medicine. That's not the point.. the county need to put measures in place (as Hardststion as mentioned) to make it fair and just.. proposals can be positive btw

DUNLOY
AGHGALLON
SARSFIELDS
All took the medicine over the past 4 years. It hasn't done them much harm to fair to them

Hectic

Lot of times clubs in denial as to their true position. Especially ones on the way down. Have to bottom out sometimes.

Milltown Row2

Us being relegated pushed us on to win an All Ireland and a few senior titles..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

Yeah sometimes need that knock to evaluate and change/refocus. Still need the talent to get to the top end of things.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: delgany on November 18, 2018, 10:02:46 PM
Yeah look it is current hence worth commenting on in my opinion. Yes other clubs have actually succeeded in saving their bacon with this type of motion in the past. Sarsfields immediately spring to mind if I am correct. Certainly there was a recent case but in that case, again if memory serves me correct, leagues were expanded and a few clubs benefited rather than Sarsfields benefiting at the expense of others.

I could and have in the past named plenty teams who wouldn't take their medicine. That's not the point.. the county need to put measures in place (as Hardststion as mentioned) to make it fair and just.. proposals can be positive btw

DUNLOY
AGHGALLON
SARSFIELDS
All took the medicine over the past 4 years. It hasn't done them much harm to fair to them

ill have to agree with this. we went to D3 and we fully deserved to be there for the duration until we got our act together and started to move up a bit to a higher league. No complaints or excuses

hurl like f**k boi!

themac_23

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 19, 2018, 11:40:54 AM
Quote from: delgany on November 18, 2018, 10:02:46 PM

DUNLOY
AGHGALLON
SARSFIELDS

ill have to agree with this. we went to D3 and we fully deserved to be there for the duration until we got our act together and started to move up a bit to a higher league. No complaints or excuses
[/quote

as i said on here before, st endas 2 years in Div 3 doesn't seem to have done them too badly, go down regroup with less pressure get a style of football that suits your players and build from there.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: delgany on November 18, 2018, 07:31:20 PM
Antrim clubs turned this option down before the season started. They voted to retain a three division league for 2018. You can't change the rules to suit yourself !
Is the Gaelfast chief the architect of this self serving motion? I hope not !

bogieman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 18, 2018, 09:57:49 PM
Should Div 2 teams be playing senior? Or Div 3 be playing Intermediate?

I'll go back to what is available at the minute, teams can nominate their championship, a motion needs to be made to change that, until then, thems the rules!!

I'm of the opinion that you have to earn senior championship credentials, and achieving division 1 league status is the way to go about it - the leagues don't lie.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 19, 2018, 05:38:13 PM
Quote from: delgany on November 18, 2018, 07:31:20 PM
Antrim clubs turned this option down before the season started. They voted to retain a three division league for 2018. You can't change the rules to suit yourself !
Is the Gaelfast chief the architect of this self serving motion? I hope not !

Surely not?

Hectic

Yeah look I have a lot less issue with clubs throwing in a motion to suit themselves with no impact on others. The arrogance of St Pauls totally reeks.

Lisburn have been working hard for 20 yrs or more including direct investment in their school football as well as around the club. This year has saw them promoted to Div 2 off the back of year on year on year improvement. St Paul are basically saying you can take all that effort and ffffff off out of our way as we are too good to play in the bottom tier. The rest is all decoration. St Teresas, Ahoghill and Genravel would be equally shafted while GNM and St Brides will have ambitions of getting a foothold in Div 1.

Yes the rules around motions are there to be abused but on this proposal St Pauls are not only abusing the loophole in the rules but moreso showing total disrespect for fellow clubs. It says a lot about them.

Milltown Row2

Still getting worked up over something that more than likely won't get passed. Motions have been happening for years and most clubs have done it, I'm sure your club also Hectic will have put in a motion that would have affected another club.

Hectic

Not sure if they have MR but it is possible as I am not party to that information. Maybe the social media age brings these things into sharper focus. I dont believe this motion will get the support but then again St Pauls clearly feel they have a chance and would know more about the workings than me.  I simply believe in fair play and sporting merit. I imagine given the job you do you hold those values pretty high yourself.