Leinster Senior Football Championship 2019

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 11, 2018, 10:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Don Draper on November 08, 2018, 09:50:27 AM
Sorry to see Niall retire, think he had a few more year in him. I know he had a lot of injuries, but he was in good fettle and you'd have hoped the sniff of another Leinster Final next year would have been enough to keep the horse in the race. Anyway, a good servant, boxed over his weight for a good many years. Another fine example of a man from a junior/intermediate (and now senior) club contributing handsomely to his counties cause. Courtwood have a fine tradition of doing so.

In other news, I fully expect Cahir Healy to tog out for the Laois footballers in 2019.
I doubt Healy will tog for the footballers if I'm honest . Hurling is his "first love"

Chrimtain

He has said in the past that he intends to go back to the footballers before he hangs up his boots.

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 08, 2018, 10:52:03 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 08, 2018, 09:50:27 AM
Sorry to see Niall retire, think he had a few more year in him. I know he had a lot of injuries, but he was in good fettle and you'd have hoped the sniff of another Leinster Final next year would have been enough to keep the horse in the race. Anyway, a good servant, boxed over his weight for a good many years. Another fine example of a man from a junior/intermediate (and now senior) club contributing handsomely to his counties cause. Courtwood have a fine tradition of doing so.

In other news, I fully expect Cahir Healy to tog out for the Laois footballers in 2019.
I doubt Healy will tog for the footballers if I'm honest . Hurling is his "first love"
Bide your time young man.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: Chrimtain on November 08, 2018, 11:19:51 AM
He has said in the past that he intends to go back to the footballers before he hangs up his boots.
Tuohy said the same thing . He would soon want to come home from Australia if that's the case . He's 29 in a couple of weeks so he'd be at his peak

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 08, 2018, 12:16:04 PM
Quote from: Chrimtain on November 08, 2018, 11:19:51 AM
Tuohy said the same thing . He would soon want to come home from Australia if that's the case . He's 29 in a couple of weeks so he'd be at his peak
Tuohy is a different kettle of bananas to Cahir.

Don Draper

Heslin potentially gone for 2019. Definitely won't be figuring with panel until after league anyway.

Ray Connellan gone for the year.

Good news for us.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Lets bring this thread back into action, these games will be the next big games for our lads..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Don Draper

Quote from: Don Draper on December 06, 2018, 12:51:10 PM
Heslin potentially gone for 2019. Definitely won't be figuring with panel until after league anyway.

Ray Connellan gone for the year.

Good news for us.
Heslin is back guys, my bad.

Tony

I reckon 4 games in the championship for us would be good going, either through 2in leinster/2qualifiers or 1 leinster / 3 qualifiers etc. 2019 is already a success with the promotion. I don't think we're ready to be competitive with Dublin, but if we beat westmeath and are competitive with meath, I'd be delighted. Whatever happens from there is a bonus. The westmeath game is 50/50, if we do lose that, it'd be a consolation to have a run in the qualifiers. Hopefully we can make that 10% improvement required between now
  and late may to get the win. No idea how to team is going to look then and I won't dare guess, surely a few positional and tactical changes ahead. If anyone hears of challenge games ahead, let us know. Would like to have a gander at some of those

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Apart from Dublin, Meath seem to be the team in Leinster to have shown the most improvement this year but apart from them we should be able to hold our own against any of the others. I think we will beat Westmeath and have a good crack at getting to another Leinster final.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The Boy Wonder

Isn't it strange - we know that if the lads play to their potential they could beat Westmeath and give Meath a right rattle, maybe getting to Leinster Final again.
But then you face the all powerful Dubs - what should we wish for ?

Don Draper

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on April 30, 2019, 11:57:18 PM
Isn't it strange - we know that if the lads play to their potential they could beat Westmeath and give Meath a right rattle, maybe getting to Leinster Final again.
Facing Dublin. Always.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on April 30, 2019, 11:57:18 PM
Croke Park Leinster final day has to be the aim.

I fully expect Laois to perform well against Westmeath and in the championship in general. We are well able to beat Westmeath and Meath. In Donie and Evan we have two class forwards who are capable of doing damage, we need them on the ball as much as possible and develop a better quality of ball delivered into them, it has to be quick and accurate.

GAA-SMART

Leinster Final- Gives you two good darts are getting to the Super 8s instead of having to go the lenght and breathe of the country for the qualfiers trying to dodge all sorts of banana skins and Ulster teams who might go into it early- ie the likes of Cavan will be hard bet especially in Brefni or Monagahan in Omagh

Tony

Of course Leinster final is the aim. But of course it will be very difficult. I never get the attitude of hoping we lose so we don't play the big matches. Why are you supporting the team at all if you want them to lose, lol.