Nexus One....challenger for iphone?

Started by supersub, January 09, 2010, 05:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/01/09/google_nexus_one_vs_apple_iphone_3gs.html

Google have just launched this new 'super phone'.... looks nice and features seem to be good...but does anyone think it will actually be a challenge to iphone sales. It is around the same price if not abit cheaper..$529 which is about £330...

I think it has some way to go to take the iphones place, apple have worked for years to get to where they are in this market and aren't about to let it go. New iphone due out in the summer too I believe..

Galwaybhoy

I don't buy new phones much.  Infact I have my current one for over three years but I'm interested in changing soon.  I want a touchscreen phone, preferably an i Phone, but I changed to Meteor over two and a half years ago as it suited me best (most of my friends are Meteor so I have free calls and texts to them) so as i Phone don't do Meteor I was out of luck.  But I was very interested when I heard about this new phone but I hear it will only be available on Vodafone which again is no good to me.  It does look like a really good phone but I cant see it topping the i Phone.

down6061689194

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDzMRzmf3es

If the interface in that is correct then theyve adressed the side on view when in the menu.

Removable battery is the main plus along with the slimer design.

Nexus will take a share of the market, but the iPhone is too cool, for now.

Hardy

Archie Mitchell

supersub

The new iphone is due out in july I think, the nexus one is already available from google..

takeyourownpath

heard about that google phone earlier on the wireless, apparently the 1gb memory could be more of a hindrence than a help!

FarneyMan

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 09, 2010, 05:38:02 PM
I don't buy new phones much.  Infact I have my current one for over three years but I'm interested in changing soon.  I want a touchscreen phone, preferably an i Phone, but I changed to Meteor over two and a half years ago as it suited me best (most of my friends are Meteor so I have free calls and texts to them) so as i Phone don't do Meteor I was out of luck.  But I was very interested when I heard about this new phone but I hear it will only be available on Vodafone which again is no good to me.  It does look like a really good phone but I cant see it topping the i Phone.

I switched to meteor at xmas, specifically to get the best rival to the iphone, the HTC Hero, i have to say its brilliant.......  HTC are the makers of googles new Nexus One, and the Hero uses googles OS, Android.........i highly recommend it....

Ulick

Already have the HTC HD2. Great job altogether.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: FarneyMan on January 09, 2010, 11:35:58 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on January 09, 2010, 05:38:02 PM

I switched to meteor at xmas, specifically to get the best rival to the iphone, the HTC Hero, i have to say its brilliant.......  HTC are the makers of googles new Nexus One, and the Hero uses googles OS, Android.........i highly recommend it....

Thanks for the info Farneyman,  I must say I have never heard of it but I must give it a look and see what its like!

thebigfella

Quote from: Ulick on January 09, 2010, 11:43:08 PM
Already have the HTC HD2. Great job altogether.

That is some shite you posted there. HTC may put together a good handset bit lets not get away from the fact it's Windows Mobile. How can anyone compare the 2 OS's as a tie  >:(

ziggysego

My brother has an HTC phone, don't know which model. He hates the phone, doesn't find it too stable. I let him play around on my iPhone 3G for a while and he's going to get it.
Testing Accessibility

Ulick

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2010, 11:34:18 AM
My brother has an HTC phone, don't know which model. He hates the phone, doesn't find it too stable. I let him play around on my iPhone 3G for a while and he's going to get it.

Case closed!

Ulick

Quote from: thebigfella on January 10, 2010, 04:17:14 AM
That is some shite you posted there. HTC may put together a good handset bit lets not get away from the fact it's Windows Mobile. How can anyone compare the 2 OS's as a tie  >:(

The HTC Sense UI has worked wonders with Windows Mobile 6.5 and is the equal of the iPhone OS at the moment. Will be able to upgrade it to Windows Mobile 7 later in the year anyway.

down6061689194

Quote from: hardstation on January 10, 2010, 05:24:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEzbvw3QYyI&feature=related
Enjoyed that now.

Interface on iphone looks miles better than nexus by todays Sunday Times.

Screen quality looks poor.