The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Phillips was halfway out the door in January until Konate got injured right at the end of the transfer window. They'd even brought Rhys Williams back from loan to cover fifth choice.

He's gone this summer.

gawa316

I could be wrong but the couple of times Phillips was about to move we got an injury or 2 at the back and he was needed as cover.

As much as I like Kelleher, he's too good to be sitting in the bench. Best for both if he moves. Liverpool would get a hefty sum for him to reinvest in midfield and he gets the games his talent warrants.

What's the going rate for an international keeer these days? 30 odd mill?

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on April 25, 2023, 03:03:54 PM
Phillips was halfway out the door in January until Konate got injured right at the end of the transfer window. They'd even brought Rhys Williams back from loan to cover fifth choice.

He's gone this summer.

See above comment on Phillips for Willliams.  :D

I expect Liverpool to let Gomez go in the summer. Konate/VVD will be 1st choice next year and if Matip stays and  Van Der Berg/ Koumetio return from loan thats probably the plan with maybe one more. Not sure if Van Der Berg/ Koumetio are the level although DeBerg was doing well before a serious injury at Schalke.  If not they will probably spend decent money on a young backup for VVD for a couple of years.

Gomez has all the attributes to be a top centrehalf but is just too prone to ball watching. He needs to move on for his own sake.

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 25, 2023, 01:01:47 PM
Theres a number 1 jersey in Manchester that would suit him the best ;)

Think we're just about the 60 year mark for the last time there was a direct transfer between Anfield and Old Trafford.

I wonder are there any other rival clubs where the same de facto embargo exists?

laoislad

Good response after going 1 down so early though very shaky in defence so far.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

laoislad

Decent win that, rode our luck at times but a good 3 points.
Hopefully our good mates Man United and Everton can do us some favours tomorrow night.

J70

That'll do.

Thiago was never a penalty for me under traditional rules, but I've no idea where the current interpretations of handball begin and end.

His arm was in a perfectly natural position for someone falling amidst a tackle.

But I'll be interested to see what the official feedback is.

quit yo jibbajabba

Looked worse everytime i saw it. Prob not a pen under the rules, whatever they are. Youd be aggrieved if that was other way round tbf

Play some nice ball now but still weak defensively/on the break

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 26, 2023, 09:44:55 PM
Looked worse everytime i saw it. Prob not a pen under the rules, whatever they are. Youd be aggrieved if that was other way round tbf

Play some nice ball now but still weak defensively/on the break
Ah sure look it these things even out over a season 😜
Liverpool had a stonewall penalty denied at Arsenal for an even more blatant handball.

Capt Pat

Liverpool seemed to have turned a corner now winning the games they should. They may have left it too late for the champions league though.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on April 26, 2023, 09:36:49 PM
Decent win that, rode our luck at times but a good 3 points.
Hopefully our good mates Man United and Everton can do us some favours tomorrow night.

Spurs win not the better option?