The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 07, 2021, 06:32:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 07, 2021, 06:30:16 PM
Balls to that. Some pure kamikaze defending today was our downfall and even at that Mane should have gotten a point at the end.
First defeat in 26 games so we can't complain too much I suppose but they have been very stale since hammering Man United.

Maybe they thought they were untouchable after thrashing Man Utd?

Ah come on now, no one would lose the run of themselves after beating the present Man Utd team.

BennyCake

From the Bunker

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2021, 06:35:56 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 07, 2021, 06:32:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 07, 2021, 06:30:16 PM
Balls to that. Some pure kamikaze defending today was our downfall and even at that Mane should have gotten a point at the end.
First defeat in 26 games so we can't complain too much I suppose but they have been very stale since hammering Man United.

Maybe they thought they were untouchable after thrashing Man Utd?

No point beating Utd and following it up with poor performances

But there is always a point in beating Utd!

Armamike

That was always going to be a tough enough game today. West Ham are flying at the moment.  They probably won't keep that form up later on in the season, when injuries and tiredness start to kick in, but right now they're a handful for anybody.  Allison was very poor for the first goal, which gave them all the motivation needed to dig in.  Liverpool responded ok rest of the half but couldn't really get through them.  The tempo needed to be a bit faster to drag them out of position a bit more.  Second half was anybody's game.  Very disappointed in Thiago when he came on - gave the ball away 2 or 3 times in his first few touches.  He has a tendency to do that.  Great finish by Origi.  Pity Bobby wasn't available for this one.

Thought Moyes was very gracious in his post match interview.  Could have been forgiven for a little gloating - he's been on the end of a few beatings from Liverpool over the years. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

imtommygunn

Allison could have done a lot better for all three tbh.

Moyes a decent sort. I expect it's a blip but Allison very easy bullied there. Some other teams may pick up on that.

supersub

West Ham deserved the win. Liverpool weren't clinical enough and some poor mistakes for goals. However there have been plenty of games when the finishing has been exceptional and the defence/keeper have been solid and gained the team points. Everyone has an off day, can't keep the unbeaten run going forever.

Some serious over hype of West Ham both by Sky and Radio 5 Live. They are on a good run no doubt about it, but we're in November here. A lot of football to play. Itll be interesting to see where they finish, especially with such a seemingly small squad.

Boycey

Ah credit where credit is due it's not just a few games this season is it? West Ham were there or there about all last season too finishing only a couple of points off Champions League. Moyes doing a great job there.

It's a wonder Utd aren't in for him.....

StPatsAbu

Quote from: laoislad on November 06, 2021, 05:04:04 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on November 06, 2021, 04:56:51 PM
A chance for Liverpool to close the gap tomorrow as Chelsea only draw at home to Burnley.
Good result alright. I foolishly thought Man City might drop points today also, don't know what I was thinking 😂

LOL. Bombscare Allison @ £66m  ;D ;D ;D
Klopp blames the ref  ;D ;D ;D

TabClear

Quote from: supersub on November 07, 2021, 10:26:49 PM
West Ham deserved the win. Liverpool weren't clinical enough and some poor mistakes for goals. However there have been plenty of games when the finishing has been exceptional and the defence/keeper have been solid and gained the team points. Everyone has an off day, can't keep the unbeaten run going forever.

Some serious over hype of West Ham both by Sky and Radio 5 Live. They are on a good run no doubt about it, but we're in November here. A lot of football to play. Itll be interesting to see where they finish, especially with such a seemingly small squad.

Cant argue with that/. Unfortunately that result has been coming with Liverpool looking shaky at the back. I had hoped Fabinho coming back would have shored things up but caught badly for the second goal. The goals from corners were a result of great delivery and Allison getting caught under the ball both times. West Ham are a serious outfit though and very well drilled but an injury to Rice/Antonio would hurt them.

I am not a fan of the high line Liverpool play. Firstly they can get caught as per yesterday but I do not like the way it forces the opponents back into the crowed defence by default. Liverpool never really looked like creating clear cut chances yesterday as the box was so crowded.

Hound

Mane was a bit unlucky at the end, he just got slightly ahead of the ball. But can't begrudge West Ham, they defended in numbers, weren't afraid to attack when they had the ball and they worked like dogs.

Alisson was poor and effectively cost us the game, but he's saved us points a number of times this season, so one blip is nothing to be worried about.

dec

Quote from: Hound on November 08, 2021, 02:43:11 PM
Mane was a bit unlucky at the end, he just got slightly ahead of the ball. But can't begrudge West Ham, they defended in numbers, weren't afraid to attack when they had the ball and they worked like dogs.

Alisson was poor and effectively cost us the game, but he's saved us points a number of times this season, so one blip is nothing to be worried about.

My concern was that 2 of the goals were very similar, inswinging corner into 6 yard box, and there was another time West Ham hit the crossbar from another corner into the same area.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 07, 2021, 08:49:27 PM

Moyes a decent sort. I expect it's a blip but Allison very easy bullied there. Some other teams may pick up on that.

for the third goal someone with a greater knowledge of football is going to have to tell me what TAA was doing.

He was standing at the far post as the ball was swung in towards it and stood still whilst Zouma came thundering in for the simplest of headers..

He was either ball watching or not brave enough to go attack it and take what's coming punishment ways..

Taylor

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2021, 09:33:58 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 07, 2021, 08:49:27 PM

for the third goal someone with a greater knowledge of football is going to have to tell me what TAA was doing.

He was standing at the far post as the ball was swung in towards it and stood still whilst Zouma came thundering in for the simplest of headers..

He was either ball watching or not brave enough to go attack it and take what's coming punishment ways..

I wouldnt be too harsh on TAA for that.

Majority of modern players are like that and very few would put their body on the line

Armamike

Liverpool didn't play with a defending right back on Sunday.  Trent was playing more as a wide midfielder.  Jordan was trying to cover for him at times as there was a huge space where you'd normally expect a right back to be.  Trent's obviously been told to play that way by Klopp but it didn't work.  Worked against Athletico but not West Ham. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

Bad day at the office. From the very start West Ham were more focused on their gameplan whereas we were all over the place. Perhaps thought that it was going to be a lot easier than it was and couldn't get out of the complacency funk. No medals given out in November so not gonna panic. First game lost in 25 so it's not like it's a travesty. Reset and see ye in 2 weeks, get some of the injured players fitter/back