The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffronaldo

Imo it would be foolish to risk first team players in a meaningless competition like the Carabao cup. There's little to be gained and so much to lose.

J70

Simon Hughes had an article in The Athletic last week.

Apparently prize money for winning league cup is about 100K sterling.

Prize money for winning a CL group game, however meaningless, is close to 2.5M sterling.

As we have seen a number of times in the past with ticket prices, furloughs etc., money is very important to FSG's LFC business.

Link

Unfortunatley, we'll be seeing a stronger team than most would like in the remaining CL games.

Happened last year and Jota got injured

gawa316

Has any club ever put out their full reserves?

Although we did see the below 7 years ago :o :o

quit yo jibbajabba

Ah the Brodge years 😊

Made a last minute trip over during the week, great atmosphere which deffo doesnt come through on tv. Been a while since id been over, some changes and a great experience all round

brokencrossbar1

We won't see a full League cup team but you will see changes for the last 2 games. Kelleher, Williams, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas/Robbo, Milner, Ox, Jones, Origi, Jota, Minamino ....that's still a strong '2nd' team with the likes of Nat Phillips, Morton, Kaide Gordon, Bradley as subs. Keep the squad happy and sharp

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2021, 02:03:49 PM
We won't see a full League cup team but you will see changes for the last 2 games. Kelleher, Williams, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas/Robbo, Milner, Ox, Jones, Origi, Jota, Minamino ....that's still a strong '2nd' team with the likes of Nat Phillips, Morton, Kaide Gordon, Bradley as subs. Keep the squad happy and sharp

You think that team (or similar) will start or just a smattering of them?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: gawa316 on November 05, 2021, 02:28:12 PM

I'd say 7-8 of that team is likely to start. Definitely will see Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Williams, one of the LBs, Jones, Origi and Minamino in my opinion.

blewuporstuffed

Firmino out for a while with a hamstring so that limited the rotation options a little
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 05, 2021, 02:53:12 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 05, 2021, 02:28:12 PM

I'd say 7-8 of that team is likely to start. Definitely will see Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, Williams, one of the LBs, Jones, Origi and Minamino in my opinion.

I dunno, I reckon maybe 5 at the most. In the past Klopp has not fielded super weaken teams unless they are playing one of the domestic cups. In saying that I don't mind one bit if he plays the ressies...would love to get Atletico out of the competition...do not want to play against them in the later stages ever again!

Capt Pat

A chance for Liverpool to close the gap tomorrow as Chelsea only draw at home to Burnley.

dec

Quote from: laoislad on November 06, 2021, 05:04:04 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on November 06, 2021, 04:56:51 PM
A chance for Liverpool to close the gap tomorrow as Chelsea only draw at home to Burnley.
Good result alright. I foolishly thought Man City might drop points today also, don't know what I was thinking 😂

It is a strange feeling wanting Man U to win

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on November 07, 2021, 06:10:47 PM
Christ they have been shocking today, been a while since they've been as bad.
Fair play to West Ham.

Yes!  :-[

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on November 07, 2021, 06:30:16 PM
Balls to that. Some pure kamikaze defending today was our downfall and even at that Mane should have gotten a point at the end.
First defeat in 26 games so we can't complain too much I suppose but they have been very stale since hammering Man United.

Maybe they thought they were untouchable after thrashing Man Utd?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 07, 2021, 06:32:51 PM
Quote from: laoislad on November 07, 2021, 06:30:16 PM
Balls to that. Some pure kamikaze defending today was our downfall and even at that Mane should have gotten a point at the end.
First defeat in 26 games so we can't complain too much I suppose but they have been very stale since hammering Man United.

Maybe they thought they were untouchable after thrashing Man Utd?

No point beating Utd and following it up with poor performances
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea