The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Uladh on January 08, 2008, 05:09:25 PM
Quote from: bingobus on January 08, 2008, 05:02:48 PM
At the end of the day, I wouldn't want any dirty, contaminated, scummy, Manc in our team and I would not wish for any Red to be inflicted to have to wear a the filthy Manc Rag (Even Riise).

Says the monaghan man.

goalkeepers are close.
Gerard wouldn't lace scholes' boots.
Consecutive england managers haven't even rated cara in their best 4 centre halves.
i seriously thought ye were jokin abou mascherano. come on lads, he's ahacker.

Yeah because they proved what excellent International managers they were by making England into a World Class team... ::)
Thats a ridiculous argument
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

QuoteConsecutive england managers haven't even rated cara in their best 4 centre halves.

And look how well they've done.

Seriously, soccer, as with most sports is full of opinions. I think Hargreaves is a useful player, but I also think Mascherano is just as good. Certainly Mascherano playing well is a very important player for Liverpool, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

bingobus

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2008, 05:04:12 PM
Reina

Finnan
Carra
vidic
evra

CRonaldo
Gerrard
Scholes
Tevez

Rooney
Torres

I think Mascherano is way above Hargreaves but Scholes is better than both

That midfield would get eaten alive, a bit like Spurs under Ossie, "always going forward cause we can't fins reverse, star treking across the universe...."

nifan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2008, 04:36:15 PM
Its not that long ago that Hargreaves was being berated from all quarters before England went to the World Cup..Their was people laughing at the thought of him even being in the England squad..Then because he had a half decent World Cup..which wasn't hard really as i'd have looked good in that England squad suddenly he is a World class player...
I don't see it myself really i think United payed way too much for a player who is no more than above average..certainly not in the same class as Masherano

In fairness to Hargreaves that was because he was constantly played out of position in fullback, and cos he was a bit of a johnny foreigner. The media jumped on his back and that was it.
I thought he was a very good player when I saw him for Bayern, and was hoping united wouldnt buy him and persist with carrick instead. He is a very good player in my view, unfortunately.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: bingobus on January 08, 2008, 05:17:35 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2008, 05:04:12 PM
Reina

Finnan
Carra
vidic
evra

CRonaldo
Gerrard
Scholes
Tevez

Rooney
Torres

I think Mascherano is way above Hargreaves but Scholes is better than both

That midfield would get eaten alive, a bit like Spurs under Ossie, "always going forward cause we can't fins reverse, star treking across the universe...."

Yeah maybe...
Who would you drop and replace with who?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

Simple put Masch in for Scholes  ;D put Scholes in for Gerrard (although he is nearing the end of a great career) and put Gerrard in for Tevez on the right. Tevez can warm the bench with Kuyt, Voronin and David May.

supersarsfields

Cant play Scholes and Gerrard so it's bye bye Scholes and in with Masch/Alonso/Hargreaves.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 08, 2008, 05:24:37 PM
Cant play Scholes and Gerrard so it's bye bye Scholes and in with Masch/Alonso/Hargreaves.

Cant play Scholes and Gerrard so it's bye bye Scholes and in with Masch/Alonso/Hargreaves
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stevo-08

pointless exercise this but for what its worth:

reina
finna, rio, vidic, evra
gerard, masch, scholes, ronaldo
rooney, torres

liverpool - 5, utd - 6. you could argue neville v finnan, carragher v rio & hargreaves v mascherano.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stevo-08 on January 08, 2008, 07:59:31 PM
pointless exercise this but for what its worth:

reina
finna, rio, vidic, evra
gerard, masch, scholes, ronaldo
rooney, torres

liverpool - 5, utd - 6. you could argue neville v finnan, carragher v rio & hargreaves v mascherano.

No argument regarding Carra v Donkey or Hargreaves v Masch maybe Neville v Finnan could be argued alright
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stevo-08

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 08, 2008, 08:12:05 PM
No argument regarding Carra v Donkey....

:D :D :D you're right, dont know why i suggested otherwise......

Uladh

There we have it. had sven and the rest picked carragher in front of rio, who has been on team of the tournament in the last three major finals, they'd have won.

explains a lot when you look at some of the scouse tinted teams i'm seeing above!

Minder

Have we not been down this road a few weeks ago arguing about who would get on a "bst of XI"....? Its pointless.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Uladh on January 08, 2008, 09:46:58 PM

There we have it. had sven and the rest picked carragher in front of rio, who has been on team of the tournament in the last three major finals, they'd have won.

explains a lot when you look at some of the scouse tinted teams i'm seeing above!

Are you sure Uladh  ???
I took all these off Wiki i can provide links if you want  ;)

FIFA World Cup 2002 All Star Team  

Oliver Kahn
Rüştü Reçber

Roberto Carlos
Sol Campbell
Fernando Hierro
Hong Myung-Bo
Alpay Özalan

Rivaldo
Ronaldinho
Michael Ballack
Yoo Sang-Chul