"Reasons To Hate Kildare" Official Thread

Started by Hardy, July 05, 2012, 04:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Leaf factory in leixlip. Driving by it in the 70s made us mad for chewing gum. Of course we never got any as my mother was anti-chewing gum. "Made from cat's guts" she would tell us!

ONeill

1120. The Curragh of Kildare. The old Master used to make us play her on the whistle every Thursday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

very rich in kildare? , good, its about time you done something with the toilets under the stands at newbridge, i commented to my friend during the league that it resembled a cow barn, some set up for a county overloaded with money, you concentrate less on the horses and more on football you be landed lol

ballinaman

Got a hair in my fried egg in mother hubbards before....

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 05, 2012, 07:16:34 PM
Leaf factory in leixlip. Driving by it in the 70s made us mad for chewing gum. Of course we never got any as my mother was anti-chewing gum. "Made from cat's guts" she would tell us!
Was that factory not in Kilcock?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Shamrock Shore

mup

Ever remember seeing any cats in that area? No? Well now you know why.

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hardy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 05, 2012, 08:52:05 PM
Yes Laoislad. It was! My mistake.

Your mother was right about the cat's guts, though. At least that's exactly what our mother used to tell us as well. A powerful message that leaves me averse to chewing gum to this day. It's just as well we didn't show much interest in whiskey or stout in those days, or some some repulsive fable involving horse urine would no doubt have been concocted and I'd be sitting below in the pub drinking tea or Sasparilla.

seafoid

Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2012, 08:38:44 PM
Was that factory not in Kilcock?
Is Kilcock not part of Greater Leixlip by now? It's all the one deckland isn't it?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Newbridge pitch. The Failed Tiger escape. Like a man who got ready to leave his 1940s marriage in favour of a young wan but had a heart attack and is back with Nora Batty.  Who wants to build houses on Newbridge pitch now with the banks bolloxed? 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

screenexile

Premier Emperor

Quote from: laoislad on July 05, 2012, 06:57:12 PM
Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 05, 2012, 05:30:22 PM
Towns like Kildare and Monasterevin where you'd be stuck in traffic for days coming back from Croke Park.

When was the last time you were up in Croke Park? They have been bypassed for years.
I never suggested they weren't bypassed.
I've been going to Croke Park for decades and Kildare was always a disaster for traffic.

fearglasmor

Back in the 70's was at a Dublin Kildare game in Croke Park. The nice young Kildare folk thought it would be good fun to make their way round the Hogan into the Nally up to the fence that seperated it from the Hill and entertain themselves with a bit of Jackeen baiting. They were having a fine time until the Jacks turned nasty and started rushing the fence, pushing and pulling it till it looked like they were going to bring it down.
Never seen so many white hats and flags scatter so fast since.