Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidelineball

Why would D'laughan move a game that increases the chances of them being beat? Would Clonoe?

sidelineball

Looking at the top it's going to be an interesting one, a few of my fancied picks this year:
Dromore early favourites as they steamroll opposition, they play a lovely brand of attacking football and are a really well balanced team with experience and energy. If I was betting Donaghmore might be worth a punt this year, they are a club on the up. Their youth structures are something else, real super force about to explode on the scene. Real ambitions of Ulster and All Ireland clubs with the youth teams they have! Trillick are an unknown really as their main men are all with the county but Lee Brennan hasn't featured at all. The Donnelly's are key as ever but would my tip for the championship. Another up and coming force Moy are 5 from 5, chatting with a committee member last night. The mood in the club is very much one of this is our time. Sitting top of the league and having everyone fit and available. The experience from winning All Ireland intermediate and several u21's in between that as well as having Colm and Sean in charge. Watched the Clarkes last year and going about emulating that success. Hard to argue based on current form and they are ripping teams apart.
Carrickmore are probably everyone's dark horse, have had lots of youth success of late and ready to establish themselves as the main men in Tyrone again. A few veterans still in their to guide and mould the young guns, could be a perfect blend.

skeog

Winning Ulster and All Irelands bit a bit ahead of yourself they would need to win Tyrone first.Youth structures not be counting when the Holy Lands and other attractions come into the equation.

blackball

Quote from: sidelineball on July 02, 2021, 12:21:01 AM
Looking at the top it's going to be an interesting one, a few of my fancied picks this year:
Dromore early favourites as they steamroll opposition, they play a lovely brand of attacking football and are a really well balanced team with experience and energy. If I was betting Donaghmore might be worth a punt this year, they are a club on the up. Their youth structures are something else, real super force about to explode on the scene. Real ambitions of Ulster and All Ireland clubs with the youth teams they have! Trillick are an unknown really as their main men are all with the county but Lee Brennan hasn't featured at all. The Donnelly's are key as ever but would my tip for the championship. Another up and coming force Moy are 5 from 5, chatting with a committee member last night. The mood in the club is very much one of this is our time. Sitting top of the league and having everyone fit and available. The experience from winning All Ireland intermediate and several u21's in between that as well as having Colm and Sean in charge. Watched the Clarkes last year and going about emulating that success. Hard to argue based on current form and they are ripping teams apart.
Carrickmore are probably everyone's dark horse, have had lots of youth success of late and ready to establish themselves as the main men in Tyrone again. A few veterans still in their to guide and mould the young guns, could be a perfect blend.

This will not age well! Donaghmore going to challenge for ulster and all Ireland titles and the Moy contenders for the championship?? lol go and get yourself looked about! The two teams you mentioned will never win a Tyrone senior title in our lifetimes . Trillick, Dromore and coalisland will be contenders and keep an eye on Carrickmore and Clonoe.

trailer

Quote from: sidelineball on July 02, 2021, 12:21:01 AM

They bate Eglish by a point in what was a terrible game of football. They bate the Clarkes by a point with an injury time goal. They bate Ardboe with an injury time goal and last week they bate Derrylaughlin by a few points. They're hardly ripping teams apart.

Tyrone Gaa

Moy will be happy at this stage that they look like they will avoid relegation. Trailer is spot on, they could just as easily be sitting with zero points. They have limped past teams with late goals. The positive for them that this mayy show a winning mentality that they can see out a game but that will end tonight. Carrickmore will beat them by 5+

I'd suggest that Donaghmore are in the same boat. Look to be in a safe position, they are definitely building from the ground up. A small village fielding 2nd teams at underage can only be admired they obviously have great community buy in. They could be a force in a few years but not yet
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: sidelineball on July 01, 2021, 11:32:56 PM
Why would D'laughan move a game that increases the chances of them being beat? Would Clonoe?

No we wouldn't but we would always try and have done in the past to change to a date that suited... It happens in club games across the county all the time. I did say in an earlier post in Fairness to Derrylaughan the window of trying to get this game played out side of tonight was very tight..

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 02, 2021, 11:03:10 AM
Moy will be happy at this stage that they look like they will avoid relegation. Trailer is spot on, they could just as easily be sitting with zero points. They have limped past teams with late goals. The positive for them that this mayy show a winning mentality that they can see out a game but that will end tonight. Carrickmore will beat them by 5+

I'd suggest that Donaghmore are in the same boat. Look to be in a safe position, they are definitely building from the ground up. A small village fielding 2nd teams at underage can only be admired they obviously have great community buy in. They could be a force in a few years but not yet

Flicking through the results and see this prediction aged well.  :-[
Living the dream!!!

sidelineball

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 02, 2021, 09:47:17 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 02, 2021, 11:03:10 AM

You're playing the rope-a-dope tactic. Moy are top of the league, hot favourites for the championship and making it look easy.
Flicking through the results and see this prediction aged well.  :-[

Tyrone11234

Trailer and Tyrone GAA clearly very knowledgeable men when it comes to football.....probably explains why all Trailer does is give out about Mickey Harte.

In hiding

Any word when the club championship draws will be made ?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on July 02, 2021, 10:24:27 PM
Trailer and Tyrone GAA clearly very knowledgeable men when it comes to football.....probably explains why all Trailer does is give out about Mickey Harte.

It was a night for the bookies tonight. Who here would have predicted this weekend a win for Moy? A win for Eglish, a win for Pomeroy even a win for Errigal. All this and Dromore being held to a draw at home.

Maybe you're the expert Tyrone11234 that seen those results coming.  :-X

Living the dream!!!

trailer

The point I was making, was that they were not ripping teams apart. That's all. Fair play to them. Cavanagh at the helm looks like a masterstroke. Future Tyrone manager.

Tyrone95

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on July 02, 2021, 11:14:57 PM

It was a night for the bookies tonight. Who here would have predicted this weekend a win for Moy? A win for Eglish, a win for Pomeroy even a win for Errigal. All this and Dromore being held to a draw at home.

Maybe you're the expert Tyrone11234 that seen those results coming.  :-X

Disappointing for us but a good solid win for the Moy, must say they are a well coached team with Cavanagh doing all the talking on and off the field.  Could argue we were missing 6 starters from the previous rounds but still would of fancied taking 2 points without the Tyrone u20 representatives and the few injuries.  Moy will be playing d1 football for a few years to come yet and who knows we could meet again in Club cship.  Not the only shock result of the weekend it seems - going to the tight at the top and bottom all year

I heard that Cship draw won't be made until Tyrone exit the Cship

LeoMc

Surely that belongs in the Wtf thread?
The post, not the Dalriadan sponsorship.