Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

I can see where people are coming from about improving the media relationship but the more I listen to the bias against Tyrone the less inclined I would be to talk to RTE. There agenda is sickening and wouldn't be speaking to them.

I don't think its having a huge influence on our chances. Before the fall out from 03 to 08 they gave Tyrone nothing but abuse anyway. Remember puke football and Spillane's constant rants about them. The abuse given to Dooher in 03 etc. It didn't do us any harm then because we had a team capable of winning.

God14

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 20, 2014, 09:03:57 AM
I can see where people are coming from about improving the media relationship but the more I listen to the bias against Tyrone the less inclined I would be to talk to RTE. There agenda is sickening and wouldn't be speaking to them.

I don't think its having a huge influence on our chances. Before the fall out from 03 to 08 they gave Tyrone nothing but abuse anyway. Remember puke football and Spillane's constant rants about them. The abuse given to Dooher in 03 etc. It didn't do us any harm then because we had a team capable of winning.

The best way to address the RTE bias, is to do the talking on the pitch. Winning matches. Putting it up to the top teams. At the moment we arnt doing that, & that's what needs addressed
The talent is there in the county, I am sure of it, but the present management have too many favourites, & are too set in their ways to carry out the shake up that's required.

SkillfulBill

Ignoring the problem with RTE won't make it go away. If Mickey won't talk to RTE for personel reasons thats all fine and well and understandable but this should not be allowed to have such a negative effect on the image of Tyrone. Tony Donnelly and the players should be encouraged to represent the County on the National broadcaster. The fact that the county board have not dealt with this issue shows a weakness.

LeoMc

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 20, 2014, 10:04:40 AM

Ignoring the problem with RTE won't make it go away. If Mickey won't talk to RTE for personel reasons thats all fine and well and understandable but this should not be allowed to have such a negative effect on the image of Tyrone. Tony Donnelly and the players should be encouraged to represent the County on the National broadcaster. The fact that the county board have not dealt with this issue shows a weakness.

Would that not undermine the Manager?

WT4E

Quote from: LeoMc on June 20, 2014, 10:23:39 AM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 20, 2014, 10:04:40 AM

Would that not undermine the Manager?

Not if Mickey asks Horse Devlin or Tony Donnelly to do it!
When Alex Ferguson fell out with BBC - did Mike Phelan giving interviews to BBC undermine Ferguson?

east down gael

Quote from: rrhf on June 20, 2014, 12:22:05 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 19, 2014, 02:09:29 PM
Sean Cavanagh had plenty to say in 03, 05 and 08 in the media and I don't remember it doing much harm to Tyrone. People in Tyrone are the hardest to listen to defeat and use it as an excuse to give out abuse all round to people who have did a lot for the county over the years.
I agree but there is a  take on it that is different. Some people now think brolly is a puppet for someone higher up in rte.. how dare mic key harte stand up to the national broadcaster. There is a concerted effort on to destabilise Tyrone football a bias by Rte and it's henchmen round the table. I think it's time to support mic key not row in with Rte and the joes of this world.   

Is this a spoof?someone high up in rte using joe as a rogue agent to destabilise Tyrone football?that sounds like something jim corr would come out with.there is no bias,a few former footballers were analysing a match in which Tyrone were playing,and gave their views on the main talking points of the game.views which we're shared by nearly everybody watching except Tyrone folk.

BennyHarp

Do people really think that sending Tony Donnelly or anybody else out to do a post match interview would stop the likes of Joe Brolly having a rant? What could anyone have said on Sunday? "Ah well Sean didnt pull Hughes down" - would that have made a difference? Joe knows how to maximise his profile and thats by saying controversial things about big players (see the nonsense he spouted about Gooch not being a big game player a few years ago) and Sean is one of games highest profile players. Until RTE reigns the likes of Brolly in then I support Mickey's stance as the reasons for his orginal stand off havent changed and RTE have done nothing in the meantime to improve that situation. I'd be happy enough for the management to just concentrate on the football and get back to winning matches.
That was never a square ball!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 20, 2014, 10:41:24 AM
Do people really think that sending Tony Donnelly or anybody else out to do a post match interview would stop the likes of Joe Brolly having a rant? What could anyone have said on Sunday? "Ah well Sean didnt pull Hughes down" - would that have made a difference? Joe knows how to maximise his profile and thats by saying controversial things about big players (see the nonsense he spouted about Gooch not being a big game player a few years ago) and Sean is one of games highest profile players. Until RTE reigns the likes of Brolly in then I support Mickey's stance as the reasons for his orginal stand off havent changed and RTE have done nothing in the meantime to improve that situation. I'd be happy enough for the management to just concentrate on the football and get back to winning matches.

Benny do Tyrone County board not have any interest or care of duty towards the county sponsers ? How much damage does the dispute between Mickey and RTE to the advertising potential for current and future sponsers ? Mickey's stance is purely down to an issue between himself and RTE. Tyrone county is not some kind of personel fifedom to be used in a personel dispute.

blackball

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 20, 2014, 12:21:30 PM

Benny do Tyrone County board not have any interest or care of duty towards the county sponsers ? How much damage does the dispute between Mickey and RTE to the advertising potential for current and future sponsers ? Mickey's stance is purely down to an issue between himself and RTE. Tyrone county is not some kind of personel fifedom to be used in a personel dispute.

why do you care so much about the sponsors? Tyrone were boycotting rte before the sponsor came on board so I am sure they knew what they were letting themselves in for.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: blackball on June 20, 2014, 12:53:40 PM

why do you care so much about the sponsors? Tyrone were boycotting rte before the sponsor came on board so I am sure they knew what they were letting themselves in for.

Sponsorship is an important part of the revenue which is used to support gaelic games within the county. A protracted issue such as this damages the brand image of Tyrone and value of sponsorship which the county can generate in the future. It is also a perfect example of poor and shortsighted decision  making of the current management set up in Tyrone.

blackball

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 20, 2014, 01:04:58 PM

Sponsorship is an important part of the revenue which is used to support gaelic games within the county. A protracted issue such as this damages the brand image of Tyrone and value of sponsorship which the county can generate in the future. It is also a perfect example of poor and shortsighted decision  making of the current management set up in Tyrone.

Sounds like you have been watching a lot of dragons den repeats on Dave recently!lol This is a football forum not a business forum. Where Hunky Dorys put their advertising and sponsorship money is their business. They knew there was an RTE boycott before they made the decison to sponsor Tyrone GAA and if they arent happy they can pull out at the end of the contract. Not doing RTE inerviews had nothing to do with Tyrone getting beat by Monaghan. It was a mix of team selection, tactics and individual player performance, thats were every game is won and lost.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: blackball on June 20, 2014, 01:32:40 PM

Sounds like you have been watching a lot of dragons den repeats on Dave recently!lol This is a football forum not a business forum. Where Hunky Dorys put their advertising and sponsorship money is their business. They knew there was an RTE boycott before they made the decison to sponsor Tyrone GAA and if they arent happy they can pull out at the end of the contract. Not doing RTE inerviews had nothing to do with Tyrone getting beat by Monaghan. It was a mix of team selection, tactics and individual player performance, thats were every game is won and lost.

My mistake there's me thinking its a forum to discuss all issues which effect gaelic games. I am well aware that the RTE issue had no impact on Tyrones performance. It will however impact on Tyrone teams in the future. Burying the head in the sand won't fix it either. I am following Tyrone for over 30 years now through thick and thin and i honestly think that 11 years under one manager so fixed in his ways is now having a major negative effect on Tyrone both on the field and off.

blackball

Quote from: SkillfulBill on June 20, 2014, 01:45:47 PM
Quote from: blackball on June 20, 2014, 01:32:40 PM

My mistake there's me thinking its a forum to discuss all issues which effect gaelic games. I am well aware that the RTE issue had no impact on Tyrones performance. It will however impact on Tyrone teams in the future. Burying the head in the sand won't fix it either. I am following Tyrone for over 30 years now through thick and thin and i honestly think that 11 years under one manager so fixed in his ways is now having a major negative effect on Tyrone both on the field and off.

the thread is called tyrone county football and hurling. I dont disagree that the current management team have been there too long and things are going stale, but the main reason for changing should be to do with football.

omagh_gael

Minors 10 down at half time, looking like another bad weekend for the red hands.

sam03/05

Serious root & branch look at everything in the county needed.
We are falling behind at senior, U21 and now minor level!

Something needs to be done, with hard decisions made from the top down!