Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Wonder how DUP will vote tomorrow on if the UK should leave with no deal.

Farrandeelin

Voting on a no deal... Sure no deal is the default position at the moment?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

OgraAnDun

I think it's going to be no deal by accident at this stage. They'll vote against leaving with no deal tomorrow, but they'll only vote for a short extension on Thursday - the EU will say "no, it's 21 months or nothing" and the UK will run out of time by the 29th March to convince enough MPs to agree to a longer extension.

armaghniac

Quote from: Solo_run on March 12, 2019, 07:26:32 PM
Wonder how DUP will vote tomorrow on if the UK should leave with no deal.

Dodds on Sky trying to get Stormont, with a petition of concern no doubt, to control the backstop.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Dodd's has said he wants to keep no deal on the table, they would be happy if there was a wall went up on the border in 2 weeks.

weareros

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 12, 2019, 07:37:58 PM
Voting on a no deal... Sure no deal is the default position at the moment?

They had intended 3 votes this week - if May's fails, they will vote on No Deal, if that fails, they will vote on a extension, likely 2 months (which EU has to agree to). If all that fails, then they are  back in default position and will crash out - tho, May could yet make one more attempt to get her deal through.

mouview

They'll call a GE, reason enough for the EU to give extension. Irish influence with Brussels in this could be key.

macdanger2

It must feel great for the little englanders to have taken back control..........and then handed it over to a tiny minority of right wing religious nutjob paddies  ;D ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: yellowcard on March 12, 2019, 08:01:03 PM
Dodd's has said he wants to keep no deal on the table, they would be happy if there was a wall went up on the border in 2 weeks.
I suspect that was their dearest hope all along.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Solo_run

Corbyn is not doing himself any favours by not commenting on Brexit. Completely useless/clueless

seafoid

Quote from: dec on March 12, 2019, 07:25:00 PM
according to twitter

In favour of the deal: 242 Against the deal: 391
There is no majority for any form of Brexit .. I
Because it is f**king stupid and hurts the economy. The people who voted Leave were lied to

https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1071013456948707328

https://mobile.twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1011636382786314240

They might have to cancel Article 50 and give it a few years.
The UK is paralysed.

Solo_run

Quote from: seafoid on March 12, 2019, 08:28:42 PM
Quote from: dec on March 12, 2019, 07:25:00 PM
according to twitter

In favour of the deal: 242 Against the deal: 391
There is no majority for any form of Brexit .. I
Because it is f**king stupid and hurts the economy. The people who voted Leave were lied to

https://mobile.twitter.com/Channel4News/status/1071013456948707328

https://mobile.twitter.com/davemacladd/status/1011636382786314240

They might have to cancel Article 50 and give it a few years.
The UK is paralysed.

If it is cancelled now I don't think there will be an appetite for another one for this generation anyway.

Everyone could see the damage it would do to the economy.

The brexiteers started off my saying we can take back control of immigration.

No they have been accused of being racist they have now changed it saying we can make our own rules.

imtommygunn

Have the eu not basically said they can't cancel it?

lenny

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 12, 2019, 08:41:49 PM
Have the eu not basically said they can't cancel it?

The uk can unilaterally revoke article 50 which would mean staying in the eu. Vince cable was calling for that today.

Solo_run

It has just been one big massive shit show for too long. I would say there would be a lot of hatred for the government if the last 2+ years were for absolutely nothing.

The British government has that outdated mentality where they are going to pretend they are right when they know they are wrong and think it would be a sign of weakness to end Brexit and remain in the union.